ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jathedar of Toronto Sarblohi Singhs has done Akaal Chalaana

Posted by admin 
Bhai Sahib Jagtar Singh jee who was the Jathedar of Sarblohi Singhs of Toronto has passed away. He passed away at 7:30am, while chanting Naam. More details will be posted soon.

Details on the Antim-Sanskaar (funeral) are as follows:

Today (Sep 7, 2010) - Kirtan from 6:30 to 8:30pm at Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib.

Sep 8, 2010 - Kirtan and Antim Darshan from 10am to 11:30am, at Benisasis Funeral Home (Derry Rd and Goreway, Malton).

Sep 8, 2010 - Saskaar (Funeral) from 1:30pm to 2:30pm at Meadowvale Crematarion (Mavis and Hwy 407).

Admin.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ!
Bhai Sahib was an amazing and a rare Gurmukh who was blessed with profound Bibek Budh. He had a deep understanding of Gurbani Viyakaran and was probably one of the more learned scholar of Gurbani Viyakaran at this time. He had very deep thinking. Sometimes when he used to express his understanding of a certain Pankiti, I used to get Vismaad at his unique and deep understanding of Gurbani.

This Daas, who has learned many Gurmat principles and understandings from him, will write in detail about him, in the coming days. For now, everyone is requested to do Paath and Ardaas for Bhai Sahib jee's Chardi Kala.

(Great old memories with Bhai Sahib. This picture is from 2004 or so)

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Vaheguru! What a great loss to the Singhs of Toronto.

Waheguru Ji..... I am feeling so sad after hearing the news of Bhai Jagtar Singh ji's akaal chalana. Guru Sahib ji is taking all the gems of gursikhs away from us kachay pilay.

In last ten years so many chardi kalaa singhs like Bhai Joginder Singh ji Talwara, Bhai Rama Singh ji, Jathedar Ram Singh ji, Bhai Amolak Singh ji UK, Bhai Surat Singh Puran ji and many others have left for Guru Sahib's heavenly abode. And now Bhai Jagtar Singh ji, he was such a good leader, puran gursikh that singhs looked upto for guidance. He left a big void that will be really hard to fill.

May Guru Sahib ji keep His sewak in His charan kamal for eternity and give us strength to stay in chardi kalaa so we can follow in his footsteps.

I can't write anymore, I am feeling so much vairaag.....
can anyone please post bhai sahabs pics after akal chalana ,also post videos , kirtan , antim sanskar which is to be done , as its hard for us to visit toronto at this time
PLease record ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Keertan/Video!!!! pleasee!!!

Chota veer
I met Bhai Sahib once and from his face, one could easily tell he is naam abhiyaasi and has lots of naam kamayee. I feel the best way to give shardhanjali to Bhai Sahib is by keeping rehits like dietary bibek and doing parkash of Lareevar Saroop at our homes and in our gurdwaras.
Just writing few emotional lines and getting on with our same daily lives is NOT a true shardanjali.
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਜਾਇ ਜਿਨਾ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਡਿਠਾ॥
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਪੈਰੀਂ ਪੈ ਗੁਰ ਸਭਾ ਬਹਿਠਾ॥
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਬੋਲ ਬੋਲਦੇ ਮਿਠਾ॥
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਗੁਰਭਾਈ ਇਠਾ॥
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਜਾਣਨਿ ਅਭਿਰਿਠਾ॥
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਆਪਿ ਤਰੇ ਤਾਰੇਨਿ ਸਰਿਠਾ॥
ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਪਾਪ ਪਣਿਠਾ ॥1॥

Bhai Gurdaas Jee
ਸਭਇਕਠੇਹੋਇਆਇਆ ॥
ਘਰਿਜਾਸਨਿਵਾਟਵਟਾਇਆ ॥
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿਲਾਹਾਲੈਗਏਮਨਮੁਖਚਲੇਮੂਲੁਗਵਾਇਜੀਉ ॥
fareedhaa gor nimaanee sadd karae nighariaa ghar aao ||
sarapar maithhai aavanaa maranahu n ddariaahu ||93||

He firmly insisted that Gurmat should never be compromised, and stressed the importance of staying true to one's bachan (word), and keeping steadfast on Panthic principles.

Bhai Sahib believed that modern Sikh leaders, parchariks, and kirtanees themselves do not uphold the ideals of the Khalsa, so how could they influence others to do the same? He believed the Chardi-Kala of the Panth would automatically come through the practice of Tat-Gurmat, and not watered down rehats.

Unlike others, Bhai Sahib did not preach, but practiced and lived the life of a true GurSikh. He took Khanday-ki-Pahul over thirty years ago, in 1976, and until the last breath kept his Khalsa Banna, strict Amritvela, Sarbloh bibek, intact. Such was the iron disciple of this Gurmukh. Bhai Sahib spent a majority of his time engrossed in Naam Abhyaas and Gurbani recitation.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji describes the characteristic of such a Gurmukh in his Bani:

ਪੂਰਨ ਜੋਤ ਜਗੈ ਘਟ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਖਾਲਸ ਤਾਹਿ ਨਖਾਲਸ ਜਾਨੈ ॥
Only in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true Pure Khalsa.

panthic.org
Last night, on short notice, there was a keertan in Surrey, BC for Bhai Sahib. Lots of sangat came from all over the Vancouver area. Bhai Jaswant Singh 'Khalsa Jee' did beautiful keertan in the joyous spirit of the occassion. All of the elder Singhs in BC were present at the keertan along with several youth as well - all of whom were aware of the loss that the panth had just suffered. No one could ever doubt Bhai Sahib's steadfastness in his Gurmat principles and this naturally gained him an incredible amount of respect and admiration from all over. Bhai Sahib brought many people into Sikhi and many of those people brought many more towards Sikhi. Bhai Sahib's impact reverberates far and wide. Let's all try to follow Bhai Harinder Singh's comments.
Dhan Guru, Dhan Guru Ke Pyaare
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਨਮੁ ਸਵਾਰਿ ਦਰਗਹ ਚਲਿਆ॥ ਸਚੀ ਦਰਗਹ ਜਾਇ ਸਚਾ ਪਿੜੁ ਮਲਿਆ॥
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਭਾਉ ਚਾਉ ਅਲਲਿਆ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਚਿਤੁ ਨ ਹਲੈ ਹਲਿਆ॥
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਚੁ ਅਲਾਉ ਭਲੀ ਹੂੰ ਭਲਿਆ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਦੇ ਜਾਨਿ ਆਵਨਿ ਘਲਿਆ ॥੧੪॥

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ!
Just came back from Antim Sanskaar! The atmosphere was extremely Bairagmai. The 5 elements that composed Bhai Sahib's body, have merged back to their origins. Bhai Sahib's Atma already has gone to Gurpuri. What's left behind is his inspiration, his loving Gurmat memories and his presence through so many Gursikhs that he inspired to become Gursikhs.

May Guru Sahib enable us to walk on his footsteps, so that we too may find place in Guru Sahib's Dargah.

Will write more on his life in the coming days.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ

The red colored ilaahi noor is visible on Bhai Sahib’s radiant face even after his soul has left!!!!

I have never seen anything like this before!!! He doesn't look like he has gone, more like in a deep sleep!!!

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ

Indeed, his memory will live forever!!!!!
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

ਗੁਰੂ ਸਵਾਰੇ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਜੀਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

“ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਵਣੁ ਜਾਵਣੁ ਤੂਟਾ ॥”

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਜਗਤਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਗੁਰਪੁਰੀ ਚਲਾਣੇ ਤੇ ਜਿਥੇ ਇਕ ਹੋਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਸੱਜਣ ਜੀ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਅਰਛਾਂ ‘ਚ ਲੱਗੇ ਤਾਰਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਝੁੰਡ ‘ਚੋ ਇੱਕ ਦਗਮਗਾਉਂਦੇ ਤਾਰੇ ਦੇ ਟੁਟਣ ਦਾ ਅਫਸੋਸ ਹੈ ਉਥੇ ਹੀ ਇਹ ਚੜ੍ਹਦੀ ਕਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਰੱਖਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਵੀ ਹੋ ਨਿਭਬੜਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਰਹਿਤ ਕਮਾਂਉਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਕੇਸਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਸੁਆਸਾ ਸੰਗ ਨਿਭਾ ਗਏ। ਵਿਅਕਤੀਗਤ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲਣ ਦਾ ਮੌਕਾਂ ਸਿਰਫ ਦੋ ਕੂ ਵਾਰੀ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਸੰਖੇਪ ਮਿਲਣੀ ਹੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ। ਇਕ ਵਾਰੀ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਵਿਖੇ ਅਤੇ ਇਕਵਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਿਖੇ। ਪਰ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਸੰਖੇਪ ਮਿਲਣੀਆ ਨੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਸਮੇਂ ਤੱਕ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਛਾਪ ਦਿਲਾਂ ਉਤੇ ਛੱਡ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਹੈ। ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਵਾਰਤਾ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਜਿਥੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਬਾਰੇ ਕੁਝ ਇੱਕ ਤੱਥ ਸਾਂਝੇ ਹੋਏ ਉਥੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ ਪੁਰਾਤਨ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵੀ ਯਾਦ ਆ ਗਈ। ਜਦੋਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਵਿਖੇ ਮਿਲੇ ਸਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਤਨਾਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਭੀਣ ਵੀ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਸਨ। ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਵਾਲੇ ਕਮਰੇ ਵਿਚ ਬੈਠੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਵਾਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਅਧਿਐਨ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਸਨ। ਦਾਸ ਦਾ ਇੱਕ ਗੁੱਝਾ ਜਿਹਾ ਸਵਾਲ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਇਕ ਅੱਖਰ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਸੀ ਜੋ ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੱਗੇ ਵੀ ਰੱਖ ਦਿੱਤਾ। ਇਸਦੇ ਜਵਾਬ ਬਾਰੇ ਕੁਝ ਸ਼ੰਕਾ ਵੀ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਸੀ ਪਰ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੋਲੋਂ ਜਵਾਬ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਂਿਨਵਿਰਤੀ ਹੋ ਗਈ। ਹੋਰ ਵੀ ਕਾਫੀ ਲਾਭਦਾਇਕ ਵਿਚਾਰਾਂ ਹੋਈਆਂ।

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਸੰਬੰਧੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਬੜੀ ਹੀ ਗਹਿਰਾਈ ਵਾਲੀ ਸੀ ਜੇ ਇੰਝ ਕਹਿ ਲਈਏ ਤਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਅਕਿਥਨੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਕਿ Western Hemisphere ਵਿਚ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਕੱਦ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਹੀ ਕੋਈ ਅਜਿਹਾ ਵਿਦਵਾਨ ਹੋਵੇ। ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਲਘੂਮਾਤਰਾ ਦੇ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਵਿਚਾਰਾਂ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਇਹ ਭੀ ਪਤਾ ਲੱਗਾ ਕਿ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਇਸ ਪੱਖ ਵਿਚ ਸਨ ਕਿ ਲਘੂਮਾਤਰਾ ਦਾ ਸ਼ੂਕਸ਼ਮ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਜਰੂਰ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹਨਾਂ ਪੁਰਾਤਨ ਪਾਠੀ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਵਲੋਂ ਇਕ ਪੁਸਤਕ ਵਿਚ ਵਰਣਿਤ ਹਵਾਲਾ ਵੀ ਦਿੱਤਾ। ਇਸਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਦਾਸ ਦਾ ਵੀ ਨਿਸ਼ਚਾ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਤੇ ਹੁਣ ਪਕੇਰਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਦਾ ਹਿੱਸਾ ਹੋਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਾਂਵੇ ਕਿ ਦਾਸ ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਅਜੇ ਤੱਕ ਪਰਪੱਕਤਾ ਨਹੀ ਲਿਆ ਸਕਿਆ।

ਗੱਲ ਕੀ ਕਿ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨਾਲ ਹੋਈਆ ਇਹ ਛੋਟੀਆਂ ਜਿਹੀਆ ਮੁਲਾਕਾਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਯਾਦਗਾਰ ਬਣ ਗਈਆਂ ਹਨ। ਭਾਈ ਸਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ ਇੰਝ ਮਹਿਸੂਸ ਹੋਇਆਂ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਕਿਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਦੇ ਜਾਣਦੇ ਸਾਂ। ਇਹ ਬਣੀਆਂ ਯਾਦਾਂ ਸਦਾ ਤਾਜ਼ੀਆਂ ਰਹਿਣ ਇਹੋ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਤੋਂ ਮੰਗ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਿ ਵਿਛੜੀ ਰੂਹ ਦਾ ਵਾਸਾ ਸਦਾ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਹੋਵੇ। ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਕਮੀ ਨੂੰ ਪੂਰਿਆਂ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਹੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਨ ਹੋਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕਰਨ ਅਤੇ ਦਾਸਰੇ ਨੂੰ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਲੋਂ ਪਾਏ ਰਹਿਤ ਰਹਿਣੀ ਦੇ ਪੂਰਨਿਆਂ ਤੇ ਚੱਲਣ ਦੀ ਸਮੱਤ ਤੇ ਸਮਰੱਥਾ ਬਖਸ਼ਿਸ ਕਰਨ। ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਦਾ ਹੀ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਦੀਦਾਰੇ ਅਤੇ ਝਲਕਾਰੇ ਮਿਲਦੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਦਾਸ ਪਾਪੀ ਵੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਇਸ ਭਵਜਲ ਚੋ ਨਿਕਲਣ ਲਈ ਸਦਾ ਹੀ ਤਤਪਰ ਰਹੇ। ਅੰਤ ਵਿਚ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਰ, ਸਕੇ ਸਨੇਹੀਆਂ, ਸਾਥੀ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਵਲੋਂ ਇਹ ਹੀ ਸ਼ਰਧਾ ਦੇ ਫੁੱਲ ਭੇਂਟ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਖਿਦਮਤ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਹੀ ਵਿਚਰਨ ਦੀ ਆਸ ਰਖਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਅਤੇ ਭੁੱਲ ਚੁੱਕ ਦੀ ਖਿਮਾਂ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੌਰਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
The soul may have left. But the loving vibrations of Naam which were blended in every cell of his body are very evident from the above picture.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ !

Chota veer
In memory of Bhai Sahib Jagtar Singh ji of Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib, Gyani Harbhajan Singh ji of Sri Anandpur Sahib (sangi-saathi of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji) and other gurmukh piaray of Sri Anandpur Sahib have organised Amritvela Akhand Keertan Smagam at the historical Gurdwara Sahib of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib ji, Gurdwara Bhora Sahib this coming Sunday, 12th September 2010.
I'm usually one to really keep things to myself, but after these 2 days, there's so much that I'm feeling and going through after knowing that Bhai Sahib is no longer in this world for me to go and talk to whenever I feel like it. I have so many special memories of Bhai Sahib and having the kirpa of being in his sangat for so many years. A lot of people believed that Bhai Sahib was one of the MOST strictest Singhs EVER because of the way they lived their life, but most of the memories I have of Bhai Sahib are when I was laughing my head off with him!

One memory that I will never forget is that even before I took amrit 8-9 years ago, I tried tying a dastar just to get used to it. I was over at Bhai Sahib's house for a few days during the summer break and his daughters were helping me learn to tie a dastar. Once, Bhai Sahib caught me standing in front of the mirror trying to tie my dastar by myself and I guess it wasn't turning out so well because he came in laughing and asked me what I was doing, which in turn made me laugh hysterically just by looking at him. It was the funniest reaction from him that I sooooo wasn't expecting! Then, he actually took the time to stand there with me and told me to take the dastar off and open my hair and then he actually took my hair, put it in a joora and started tying my dastar for me and showed me how to continue on with it. This was one of the greatest experiences in my life with Bhai Sahib.

Another great memory that I'll cherish forever is when Bhai Sahib found out that one of my favourite things to eat is yellow daal. While at their house one day, Bhai Sahib made yellow daal and according to some other people that ate the daal, they complained that there wasn't enough salt and spices in it and that it had no flavour. When I had the daal I absolutely LOVED it and kept praising Bhai Sahib for making my favourite daal so delicious and then laughingly I told Bhai Sahib that I'm not usually one that can tell if there's too little or too much salt in daals and subjis so anything is good to me. Bhai Sahib burst into laughter and told me that he and I were special like that because we can eat tasteless food and still enjoy it without complaints smiling smiley

These are just 2 of many memories I have with Bhai Sahib, but I just can't express all the inspiration and love I and others felt around such an amazing Gurmukh. May Guru Sahib bless us all with such a jeevani.
More images from Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji's antim-sansakaar...

http://www.akhandkirtanijatha.org
UKaur Bheinji, please please share more stories and help inspire readers here on Bhai Sahib's gursikhi jivan.
Keertan On 10th September 2010 in Yaad Of Bhai Sahib Jagtar Singh jee

7pm-10pm
@
Khalsa House,
8 Edward Street,
West Bromwich,
England
B70 8NP
This moorakh was fortunate enough to have met Bhai Sahib in August 2009. They gave me a thorough lambasting on my life and prompted me to sort things out, unfortunately I still have not managed to do so. Bhai Sahib was the most hardcore Singh I have ever met, and although I am totally devoid of spirituality myself, I suspected they were a Jot Vigyaasi Gurmukh. I have never heard anyone do Naam Abhiyaas like them. Here are some of the things Bhai Sahib told us:

1. They were from Delon Village in Ludhiana District in Panjab, when they were beginning to get interested in Sikhi in the mid 1970s, they were in some confusion, but then they read Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee's Autobiography Jail Chittian and they said by reading that and other books by Bhai Sahib all their doubts were removed "Sari shankaa udgee si".

2. They have kept strict Sarbloh Bibek and have not missed AmritVela since they took Amrit in 1976. The Singhs present asked them about this, Bhai Sahib simply replied "Guru Sahib di bakshish" (Blessings of Guru Sahib). They said Sarbloh is required Rehat for all Gursikhs, and Guru Sahib loves Rehat and Sarbloh.

3. They never wore any other clothing except Khalsa Bana since they took Amrit, "Ma ta ni pent pai" (I have not worn pantaloons/trousers) they said it is not acceptable for Gursikh to wear anything else except Khalsa Bana. They also said hazooria is vital part of Khalsa Bana, it reminds us we are beggars at the door of Guru Sahib, and we should not go in front of Guru Sahib without one.

4. Only Amrit administered in hazoori of LaRevaar Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee can be considered Amrit. Those who have not taken Amrit or had Anand Karaj done in the hazoori of LaRevaar Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee should do so at the earliest possible opportunity, as it is not valid. They personally did not do matha tek to pad-chedd sarooop, as they did not accept it as Guru.

4. Kirpan of less than 6 or 7 inches cannot be considered Kakkar.

That's all I can recall right now, I'm sure the respected Gurmukhs who knew Bhai Sahib very well can share more. Some people will say the above is too extreme etc but the truth is very hard to accept. I do beg forgiveness for all mistakes.
Since the times daas has been coming to Tapoban Sahib over the years, one thing that has always stuck out in my times spent with Bhai Sahib Jagtar Singh Jee is how strict he was on every single Gurmat Asool! Bhai Sahib would not flinch from any one of them. From making sure other Gursikhs were up for Amrit Velaa to making sure the langar was made by Tyar per Tyar Gursikhs! Also, one of the most times I have seen Bhai Sahib really firm and knowledgeable about is Gurbani Viyakharaan! Bhai Sahib was very knowledgeable in knowing all the bishrams, jumkees, pronounciations and shudh ucharaans of Gurbani. Having had Santhiyaa of Sri Jap Jee Sahib from Bhai Sahib and the rest of the Singhs, I found that all the dubdaa I was having before from my pronounciations and Santhiyaa were all gone. Bhai Sahib made it clear why there should be bishrams and jumkees where he said it was and what the pankitees meant. Thus, showing his depth of knowledge in Gurbani and Viyakharan. This surely will be something that all the Sangat from Toronto will surely miss. Someone so knowledgeable in the depths of Gurbani, so strict and firm in the Asools of Gurmat and Rehts of Guru Sahib Ji and so engrossed and blended in Naam!!!! Such a Gurmukh could only be closely compared to and similar to in so many ways to none other than Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee! I'm sure that Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji is now with those har-juns that Guru Sahib sent to the world to revive Gurmat and spread the ideals of Gurmat Bibek to the sleeping Panth! All that is left for us to do is, rather than keep reading about these Gurmukh Jeevs, let us slowly try to adopt the lifestyle they followed which led them to the ultimate goal for any Gursikh... to be at the Charan of Guru Sahib for ETERNITY....

Daas,
Mandeep Singh
Daas learned Santhiya from Bhai Sahib Jagtaar Singh Jee. Trust me, it was awesome. Never had Santhiya from anyone like him before. His way was awesome. They way he exlored Gurbaani, Viyakaran, prounounciation, i dont think anyone has done it like that. He was just amazing. He always had that Noor on his Chehraa, expecially after the Abyaas at Tapoban after Amritvelaa. All the Tapoban Singhs would gather around him after Abyaas and talk about stuff and laughed. He was just amazing. Truly this is a big loss for the whole Panth. Daas has never seen a Singh so much concerned about Sikhi and Singhs of today. He was always there to help you out and always wanted Chardikala of the Panth.
May WaheGuru bless more Gurmukh Pyaare like Bhai Sahib Bhai Jagtaar Singh Ji on this Earth.

WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll
This Daas will be writing about Bhai Jagtar Singh jee from day to day, as old memories flash in. These memories are not in any special order.

My First Meeting with Bhai Jagtar Singh jee

My first meeting with Bhai Sahib occurred in 1990 or early 1991. In those days, books of Bhai Sahib were not readily available. I had read a few books of Bhai Sahib and was looking for others. I found out from someone that Bhai Jagtar Singh jee had all books of Bhai Sahib. Now there were two persons with this name at that time. I first met the other Bhai Jagtar Singh who did not have the book that I needed. He guided me to Bhai Jagtar Singh jee who was likely to have the books. I don’t think I called Bhai Sahib before going to his home. I was only given directions to his home. His home was near Weston Gurdwara Sahib and he lived at the upper level of the house which he shared with his brother-in-law.

I knocked and Bhai Sahib came out of the door. I said Fateh and asked for the book I wanted. Unfortunately, his copy of that book - Gurmat Karam Philosophy - had been taken away by someone else. He did not have that book. In those days, I had extreme thirst to read books of Bhai Sahib and any book I got my hands on, I used to leave only after finishing it; even if it involved staying awake all night. I had been looking for Gurmat Gauravta and Gurmat Karam Philosophy but all in vain. These books were out of print and old copies were very rare. Later on, I got a copy of Gurmat Karam Philosophy from Bhai Madan Singh of UK, in the early 1990s.

Bhai Sahib sensed that I was feeling dejected and said some words to lift my spirits but I don’t recall what he said. It was a short meeting of about 5-7 minutes and I left without going inside his house. I still can see Bhai Sahib opening the door that I knocked. It was a first feeling but real love and bond with him developed couple of years later, when Guru Sahib blessed this Daas with Amritvela Sangat with Bhai Sahib jee.

Who can love more than a Mother?

Once around 1999, I was talking to Bhai Sahib and while talking, the subject of mother’s love came up. I made a firm statement that in this world, no one can love anyone more than a mother can love her child. Bhai Sahib smiled and said, “tu Galat hai” (you are wrong). He used to talk with a lot of confidence and conviction and he said these three words (Tu Galat hai) very strongly. I had all the world’s philosophies to back me up and as thus I held my ground and gave some arguments in favour of my stand. Then Bhai Sahib’s eyes became watery and doing the master-stroke said, “Tainu phir pata hee nahi ke Gursikha daa Pyaar kaho jeha hunda hai.” (Then you don’t know how is the love of Gursikhs). When he said this, the solid foundation of my argument started shaking. Bhai Sahib’s eyes at that time were like an ocean of love. His countenance (face) was an embodiment of love. I could not look into his eyes and face. I tried looking at his sweet countenance couple of times but could not. Then, I lowered my gaze towards his Charan. He said some more nectar-like words that I don't recall now but the gist of his argument was that the Gursikhs who are Humsafar (walking on the same path) of meeting Vaheguru, have such love for each other that no other love can match this love.

Bhai Sahib becomes our Mother

Around these days, I was looking for a job and was thinking of moving to the States. I had completed the accounting designation of CPA (Certified Public Accountant) from States and I was getting job offers from California and Detroit. I thought of moving to the States. The salary was excellent and the jobs were great. When I discussed it with Bhai Sahib, I did not expect any opposition but contrary to my belief, Bhai Sahib totally rejected my proposal and refused to give his permission. I could not understand why he was stopping me from getting such a good job. I kept asking and he kept refusing. Then he said that I should discuss with all Singhs. When I placed my request with Singhs, Bhai Sahib was there too and again I did not get approval of Singhs because of Bhai Sahib.

When one does not have realization of Gurmat, then one thinks that one knows more than anyone else. I thought that Bhai Sahib does not know about my financial and family situation and as thus is not letting me go. Then one day, I asked Bhai Sahib to tell me the reason why I should not go. Bhai Sahib in return asked me, “If a mother knows that her son is walking towards that path that is burning, would she let him go?” I responded in negative.

I can never forget that scene. I was standing just inside the main entrance of Weston Gurdwara Sahib. Bhai Sahib lifted one of his arm and his face became full of extreme emotions of love and care. His eyes was filled with most pious love, when he said the above comment. At that point he seemed like a mother to me. It is possible to think of some elderly Gurmukh as your elder brother or as your father but Bhai Sahib at that time seemed like a mother to me. After that I and another Gursikh started referring to Bhai Sahib as Maa, behind his back. In my mind then flashed a scene that the path where I was going was burning with fire. Bhai Sahib continued and said that if I go there, I would become weak in Rehit, Amritvela and Naam Abhyaas.

Another very interesting statement he made using a Punjabi folk song was that where ever I would go, my Karma would go with me. He said that in olden days, there used to be a famous song that wife is singing to persuade her husband against going to Burma (a country). The folk song was "Na jaayee Burma noon, lekh jaan ge naalay" (Don't go to Burma, your Karma will go with you). This song meant that if you are going to Burma to earn money, there is no need to do so, since if you are meant to earn money, you would earn it right here. I have never forgotten the unique style with which he said the words of the folk song.

Now let me tell you all how Dheeth (stubborn) I was. At that time, I agreed fully with Bhai Sahib and dropped the idea of going to the States but few days later, I again started thinking of going to the States. I made an appointment with the company and without telling Bhai Sahib and other Singhs left for the States. I started driving towards Detroit. When I reached close to Detroit, I realized that I had left my wallet, passport and other documents home. There was no time to go back and get these documents and reach on time. I was very frustrated. Shrimati jee (my wife) all along was advising me to do as Bhai Sahib was saying and now she commented that I should take today’s incident as a divine sign, that I am not meant to go to the States. At that point I permanently dropped the idea of moving to America (and thank God I did).

Finding the Job of Choice through the Asees of Bhai Sahib

I came back and was quite embarrassed and shy to face Bhai Sahib. I did not tell anyone that I had tried to go to States. Next day, after Abhyaas, I spoke to Bhai Sahib and said to him that he was not letting me go to the States and I was unable to find a suitable job here in Canada, what should I do. At that point Bhai Sahib asked me what kind of job I would like here in Canada. Later on I showed him an advertisement of a job that would satisfy me here. Bhai Sahib looked at the advertisement and asked me, if I would be satisfied with that job. This job had been advertised in all major newspapers and I did not even have the required job experience. I had no chance of getting this job. I hurriedly said that yes this job is the kind of job I wanted. Bhai Sahib asked me again if this is the job I wanted and I said yes again. I think the next day or so he asked me again if I was sure that I wanted this job and I again said yes. Everytime he asked and I responded with yes, he used to go quite for some time. Then he asked me to apply for that job. I did as he had said and within days I got an interview for that job. When Bhai Sahib found out he was very happy and blessed that I would get this job if Guru Sahib wanted. By the Kirpa of Guru Sahib and Ardaas / Asees of Bhai Sahib I did get that particular job. Later on, another incident involving getting a job occurred, that this Daas will narrate at another occasion.

Bhai Sahib’s love for us (me and other Singhs) was so deep and so solid that me and this another Singh used to refer to Bhai Sahib as Maa (mother) while talking on his back. We never revealed it to him but on his back we often used to refer to him as our Maa.

I don’t know how well to express the fact that no one in this world had a sweeter smile than Bhai Sahib. No other eyes in this world could shower as much love as Bhai Sahib’s eyes could. His eyes used to become like ocean. The colour of his eyes used to turn into the colour of water of ocean and they used to become deeper than ocean as well. What more to write. I wish, Vaheguru jee had blessed me with more vocabulary to express my thoughts in words.

More to come as more memories of Bhai Sahib flash in the mind.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
vaheguru more more about bhai sahib jee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login