ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Santhiya - Siri Jap jee Sahib - Pauri 21 to 38

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Please find Santhiya for Siri Jap jee Sahib (Pauri 21 to 38) at the link below.

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

For other Santhiya, go to Santhiya Link -------------- Then click on 7 Baani Nitnem Santhiya.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please find Santhiya for Siri Jap jee Sahib (Pauri
> 21 to 38) at the link below.
>
> [www.gurmatbibek.com]
>
> The Santhiya for previous Pauris can be found at
> the following link:
>
> [www.gurmatbibek.com]
>
> If Guru Sahib wills regular Santhiya will done and
> posted here.
>
> Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.
>
> Daas,
> Kulbir Singh

Many thanks Veer Ji for sharing.

I remember listening to a JapJi Sahib recording once where the Singh was pronouncing Jor as Zor as mentioned in the link above. Many times I have tried to recite Zor in this pauri but I have an extremely difficult for some odd reason? Im not from India so I dont have a hard time with letter Z, but I struggle reciting Akhan Zor...???
hole hole shuroo karo

start with slow pace

or start reading/reciting slowly when you get to these parts of gurbani

then bring it to normal once you have the habit of using the bishraam

it worked for me
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Sangat Jio and Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio,

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

This was long due project. Congratulations to all of you on this occasion of completion of Sri Japji Sahib Santhya. May Guru Sahib give more Bal to Bhai Sahib to continue with at least Nitnem Bania.

With Regards,
Daas
Tanvir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hole hole shuroo karo
>
> start with slow pace
>
> or start reading/reciting slowly when you get to
> these parts of gurbani
>
> then bring it to normal once you have the habit of
> using the bishraam
>
> it worked for me

Thanks for the advice Veer Ji
Vaheguroo Jee

thank thy master

not his slave
Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Tanvir Singh
Vaheguroo Jee

thank thy master

not his slave

Satbachan jee, May mahraaj bless his servants with more Seva like this.

Bhai Kulbir Singh jeeo,

Could you please explain why 'nadheeyaa' hasn't got a nasal sound on last kanna in the following pangtee:

Nadhiyaa AtE Vah, Paveh(n) Samund Na JaNeeyeh(n)

Also, please see the below link

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

I think there is a slight mistake for the pangti: ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ, ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਥਾਉ ॥ In the Ucharan column, there is no bindi on ਥਾਉ

Maaf Karna

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!
Dear Outwardly Singh jeeo,

You are correct, both places. The nasal sound should be there on Nadiaan and Thaao. It got omitted by mistake. The file will be corrected and uploaded again, sometime next week.

Shabaash for sharp eye. Daas will be depending on Gursikhs like you, to catch such mistakes, in the future as well.

Kulbir Singh
Vaheguroo jee,

Bhai Sahib, you have started this sevaa, now and keep going bit by bit. start Sodar Raag after this and keep going.
In this format Santhyaa can be done at home by doing sehaj paath from sancheyaan and then using these sheets to help with Uchaaran and correct padh chhed.
Please Bhai Sahib this is a humble benti, keep going, just do bit by bit, and if Guru Sahib wills, We will have a whole Santhyaa done.

Harveen Singh
H. Singh jeeo, If Guru Sahib wills, then surely, this Sewa will continue. Bas, Guru Sahib kirpa karan.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib Jio!
Guru Sahib has immense love for you to bless you for this amazing Chardikala jeevan and seva!
Please a humble benti;
do the same Sevaa for Baanis Onkaar and Sidh Gosht jio!

Thank you jio!

WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll
Bhai Sahib Jee, is it right as:

aades tisai aades, aad aneel anahat jug jug eko ves and not
aadesh tisai aadesh, aad aneel anahat jug jug eko vesh?

Same with Gyaan Khand pauree, all the ves have no bindi, is that correct?
Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio,

I don't know how hard it is to upload multimedia to a website, but I think it would help a lot of people if we could get a slow recording of you doing panj granthi and other bania. They will help a lot with Shudh Ucharan. And recording it wouldn't take much time! I think there are many people as anxious me to see this get done.

Bhai Sahib Jee, is it right as:

aades tisai aades, aad aneel anahat jug jug eko ves and not
aadesh tisai aadesh, aad aneel anahat jug jug eko vesh?

Same with Gyaan Khand pauree, all the ves have no bindi, is that correct?

First of all, saying Aadesh or Vesh is not incorrect but to say Ves too is not incorrect. We need to understand the concept of Tattsam and Tattbhav here.

Tattsam are such Shabads that come from a foreign language but their form does not change in the local language e.g. the word Shanti is a Sanskrit background word and in local language (Punjabi in this case) it has not changed form. Same holds true for the word Shabad, Shah, Patshah etc. Such words, when appearing in Gurbani, should be pronounced as original word i.e. Shanti instead of Saanti, Shah instead of Saah, Patshah instead of Patsaah and Shabad instead of Sabad.

Tattbhav words are such words that come from a foreign language but change form in the local language. Such words are not required to be pronounced in its original form. Some examples of such words are Ves, Soora etc. In mainstream Punjabi we pronounce it as Ves instead of Vesh and Soora instead of Shoora. We don't say Shoorveer (brave|) but pronounce it as Soorveer. This is because the acceptable norm of this word in Punjabi is Soorveer. Other Tadbhav words are Rikhi (instead of Rishi), Bishan (instead of Vishnu) etc.

In English language, the Tadbhav words are pronounced as per the rules of English and not the original language. Look how they pronounce their Tadbhav words of Indian origin - Pundit, kismet (Persian) etc.

In this question. Jogis (another Tadbhav word, original is Yogi) used to utter Aades Aades (not Aadesh Aadesh) which means Namaskaar. So it is best to pronounce it as Aades.

Some Gursikhs become so obsessed with pronouncing the words as per original only that they ignore the concept of Tadbhav and Tattsam. If we start pronouncing every word only as per the original, the Paath becomes so strange and foreign.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Very interesting! Thanks for the info jee. I've never heard of these concepts of tattsam and tattbhav previously. So we must test the words in question with the two concepts before deciding on pronunciation, excellent. I will leave that for yourself and other Gurmukhs to let us know, because I am clueless smiling smiley
I was wondering would the foreign word Wakht (time) be classified as a tattsam or tattbhav word? Because in Hindi the word has been changed to vakht When I pronounce this word in th 21st pauri I say wakht when Guru Sahib is referring to quazis and vakht when referring to pundits. Is this wrong?

Also in the following pangti kaghad and kallam are both foreign words, I noticed that sevadars did not mention bindi on gaga/kaghad, and addak on lala/kallam?

ਕਾਗਦਿ, ਕਲਮ ਨ ਲਿਖਣਹਾਰੁ ॥ 

Also in the following pangti kaghad and kallam are both foreign words, I noticed that sevadars did not mention bindi on gaga/kaghad, and addak on lala/kallam?

The sounds of ghain, ain, Qaaf (one with two nukta on the top) etc. are beyond the scope of this Santhiya since a vast majority of us are not trained to do the Uchaaran of these sounds. We are not trained to differentiate between Kaaf and Qaaf, Ge and Ghain etc. Therefor ghagha and Qaaf sounds have not been mentioned. At a later date, if need be, we will incorporate these sounds. But for now we will leave them unmentioned.

And there should be no adhak on Kalam.

As for the word Wakht as it appears in Gurbani, it is a Tatbhav word because the original word is Waqt. In Punjabi this word was adopted as Wakht (Khakha replacing the original Qaaf). In Hindi this word appears as Tatsum i.e. as Waqt.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> > Also in the following pangti kaghad and kallam
> are both foreign words, I noticed that sevadars
> did not mention bindi on gaga/kaghad, and addak on
> lala/kallam?
>
>
> The sounds of ghain, ain, Qaaf (one with two nukta
> on the top) etc. are beyond the scope of this
> Santhiya since a vast majority of us are not
> trained to do the Uchaaran of these sounds. We are
> not trained to differentiate between Kaaf and
> Qaaf, Ge and Ghain etc. Therefor ghagha and Qaaf
> sounds have not been mentioned. At a later date,

Thanks Akh Ji,

Akh ji what Gurmukhi alphabet is equivalent to the Arabic q?

what Gurmukhi alphabet is equivalent to the Arabic q?

A Bindi is placed under Kakka to recognize this sound, for words like Qayamat but it is not widely used in Punjabi because most of us cannot differentiate between the sounds of Kakka and Qaqqa (Qaaf with two Nuktas on top).

Kulbir Singh
Outwardly jeeo,

The file has been uploaded and the corrections you pointed out, have been made.

Kulbir Singh
Looking forward to Jaap Sahib! :-)
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee,

Shouldn't there be a vishram after 'aades tisai' in the following pankti:
aades tisai, aades
I ask this as you haven't mentioned anything regarding this in the santhiya.

Also, please correct me if I am wrong on the following:
aades = Namaskar
aadesh = To do aadesh, that is to instruct
Tejasv jeeo,

Shouldn't there be a vishram after 'aades tisai' in the following pankti:
aades tisai, aades
I ask this as you haven't mentioned anything regarding this in the santhiya.

Some Gursikhs place a jamkee after the first Aades while others place a small jamkee after Tisai. Daas personally feels that there should be a Jamkee as follows: ਆਦੇਸੁ, ਤਿਸੈ ਆਦੇਸੁ ॥ First you say ਆਦੇਸੁ (to Akal Purakh) then reaffirm it saying that ਤਿਸੈ (ਤਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ) ਆਦੇਸੁ. Daas purposely left it out as it is a very small Pankiti and there is not a full Bishraam here. Many small Jamkees have been left out.

Also, please correct me if I am wrong on the following:
aades = Namaskar
aadesh = To do aadesh, that is to instruct

I think the root of both words is same and is Aadesh but since Jogis pronounce it Aades Aades, it should be pronounced like this. Perhaps check a Sanskrit dictionary to see if there is a word Aades.

Kulbir Singh
Santhiya of Siri Jap jee Sahib has been consolidated into one PDF file and can be found at the following link:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

If Guru Sahib does Kirpa, the Santhiya of Nitnem will be completed in the coming few weeks.

Baani Agam Agaadh Bodh hai jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Sorry if this was asked already, but I really, really liked the article that went along with the Suniyai and Mannai pauri's - can we please keep those up somewhere on the site (if they're already up, I must have missed them)

Bhul chuk maaf
These files are still available at the following link:

Santhiya-------------->Gurbani Vichaar:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Admin.
On page 21, shouldnt it be "aakhey barUmey aakhey indh"?
Also, perhaps it can be included that the correct pronounciation is zor, not jor, because I myself would not have known that.
This is just brilliant Veerji. I starting reading it today only smiling smiley. I dont think any earlier existing teekas are so well formatted. Just outstanding work.

As i read along i feel we need some other favor from you. Can we open another thread and keep discussing the important Grammar portions you are mentioning in these Santhiyas ? For example

"UTAM PURKHI KIRYA" you mentioned in the 1st Pauri. I think that will alongwith build a nice GRAMMAR reference to these Sanithyas to make it even more fruitful to us.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
in the 16th pauri, you have written it as "tis tey bhar talai kavan jor" shouldnt it be zor?

in the 16th pauri, you have written it as "tis tey bhar talai kavan jor" shouldnt it be zor?

This was corrected yesterday. Please refresh your browser after loading the pdf file.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login