ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saral Santhiya - Benti Chaupai

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Saral Santhiya - Benti Chaupai
December 24, 2010 09:04AM
Sadhsangat jeeo,

By Guru Sahib's kirpa, Santhiya for Siri Benti Chaupai has been completed and posted on this site. Please click the following link to access the file:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Rest of the Nitnem files can be found at the following link - Santhiya ----------> 7 Baani Nitnem ----------> Siri Benti Chaupai Sahib.

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Siri Jaap Sahib, Siri Rehraas Sahib and Siri Sohila Sahib are still being worked on and will be posted, by the kirpa of Guru Sahib, in the next few days.

Sangat is requested to point out any mistakes or omissions so that the file can be as Shudh as possible.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Only omission I spotted is:

ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਕੌ ਕਹਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਿਵ ॥

should it be:

ਸ਼ਿਵ ??
Thanks Outwardly jeeo, the omission has been fixed and the file has been uploaded.

Please refresh your browser, after loading the file, so that you see the latest file.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Shouldn't it be Shivkan instead of sivkan, in Sivkan ko shivgun sukh deeo?
Bhai sahib - Why is it not right to say Namashkaar?

Bhai sahib - Why is it not right to say Namashkaar?

The original word is नमस्कार. As you can see, Namaskaar contains half sound of Sa (sassa), not Sh. Informed people say Namaskaar and not Namashkaar. Namashkaar is Ashudh.

Shouldn't it be Shivkan instead of sivkan, in Sivkan ko shivgun sukh deeo?

It should be ਸਿਵਕਨ (root word is ਸੇਵਕ) and not Shivkan. ਸਿਵਕਨ is the plural of ਸੇਵਕ. Sihaari on Sassa has been used in order to reduce one Maatra. If it had been written as ਸੇਵਕਨ, then the Pankiti would have had 17 Maatra instead of standard 16 Maatra for a Chaupai. Laam being Deeragh (Guru-Maatra) has one extra maatra than Sihaari which along with Aunkad is Laghu-Maatra.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Just a general question.... which gutka sahib did you type the original bani from jeeo?
I didn't have to type up Baani because online Baani is readily available.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib, I have one concern regarding one of the last few Panktis of Siri Benti Chopai.

In some Gutke Sahibans, the Tuk

ਸਰਬ ਠੋਰ ਮਹਿ ਹੋਹੁ ਸਹਾਈ ॥

However the way you have written is like this:

ਸਰਬ ਠੋਰ ਮੋ ਹੋਹੁ ਸਹਾਈ ॥

I personally feel that saying 'ਮਹਿ' is more gramatically correct, rather than saying 'ਮੋ', although I do not have much knowledge of Gurbaani Viakaran.

Although it is worth pondering upon the following Pankti:

ਇਨਹੀ ਕੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕੇ ਸਜੇ ਹਮ ਹੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੋ ਸੋ ਗਰੀਬ ਕਰੋਰ ਪਰੇ ॥ 2 ॥

Here Guru Sahib has used 'ਮੋ'. I know that both in Hindi and Punjabi, the word 'ਮੋ' is not used to mean "I" or "myself". In Punjabi, it is 'ਮੈਂ', and in Hindi it is 'ਹਮ'. So I would like to know from what language has the word 'ਮੋ' been derived from?
And if you could do ਵਿਆਖਿਆ on 'ਮਹਿ' and 'ਮੋ', that would be really nice of you to do so.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Jaspreet Singh jeeo,

The word ਮੋ appears in Siri Chaupai Sahib 5 times in Benti Chaupai, as follows and in following meanings:

1. ਮੋ ਰੱਛਾ, ਨਿਜ ਕਰ ਦੈ ਕਰਿਯੈ ॥ ------------------------------------ ਇਥੇ "ਮੋ" ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ "ਮੇਰੀ"।
2. ਸੱਤ੍ਰੁਨ ਕੋ, ਪਲ ਮੋ ਬਧ ਕੀਓ ॥10॥ ---------------------------------- ਇਥੇ "ਮੋ" ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ "ਮਹਿ"।
3. ਤਾ ਕੇ ਤਾਪ, ਤਨਕ ਮੋ ਹਰਿਹੋ ॥ ---------------------------------------- ਇਥੇ "ਮੋ" ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ "ਮਹਿ"।
4. ਰਿੱਧਿ ਸਿੱਧਿ ਘਰ ਮੋ ਸਭ ਹੋਈ ॥ ---------------------------------------- ਇਥੇ "ਮੋ" ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ "ਮਹਿ"।
5. ਸਰਬ ਠੋਰ, ਮੋ ਹੋਹੁ ਸਹਾਈ ॥ -------------------------------------------ਇਥੇ "ਮੋ" ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ "ਮੇਰੇ "।

As you can see, in Pankitis 1 and 5, ਮੋ is a pronoun and means ਮੇਰੀ or ਮੇਰੇ and in Pankitis 2, 3, and 4, it is a preposition and means ਮਹਿ.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
How about the Mangal that is meant to read with Sree Choupee Sahib , SIngh jee?

Chota veer
Re: Saral Santhiya - Benti Chaupai
January 04, 2011 05:29PM
the mangal is

ek oangark sree vaahiguroo jee kee fateh
patisahee dasveeen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login