ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daswand from Monitory Gift?

Posted by Tejasv 
Daswand from Monitory Gift?
July 14, 2010 05:33AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

It is a Hukam for us to take out daswand from Pay/Salary/Earnings.

Juts wondering as to whether we also need to take out daswand from any monitory gift received from family/relatives etc? Does this also qualify as earnings?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Long time ago the Daas confirmed with some Gurmukhs and they advised that inheritance, gifts etc. don't qualify as income or earnings and as such Daswandh is not normally taken out of these items. Similarly if your home, where you reside, appreciates in value, you don't take Daswandh out of the appreciated price. However if you are in the business of buying, repairing or contructing home and then selling them, then Daswand should be taken out of the net income.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Daswand from Monitory Gift?
July 14, 2010 01:36PM
the government takes tax from our inheritance, large monetary gifts (if reported, which they should be), prizes/bonuses, etc.

if the government takes their share, shouldn't we also give guru sahib his share? surely he's more important than any duniyavi government...
Bibijee,

give Guru Sahib his share, doesn't sound right.

we can never give anything to the ultimate giver of all, and he doesn't have shares, everything belongs to him.

Guru Saahib doesn't need our earned money. If we give dasvandh, it will be for our good,
because we obeyed Guru Sahibs hukam, and someone got benefit from that money.

i know the question is, do we need to take out daswand from any monitory gift received from family/relatives etc.
if it is not from your kirt kamayee, then i guess you don't have to, but if you have spare from that money, then why not donate it to a good karaj. but i don't believe just because the government might take taxes from that money that you have to give a share to Guru Sahib too.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna Jee
Re: Daswand from Monitory Gift?
July 15, 2010 11:23AM
sorry for the wrong choice of words.

but i think the gist of the message is still applicable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login