ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vaheguru or Vahguru

Posted by sikh.learner 
Vaheguru or Vahguru
April 16, 2016 04:08AM
Gurmantar is Vaheguru and not Vahguru. ( Bhai Gurdaas Jee, Sarbloh Granth Sahib Jee and Gur Katha Granth written by Bhai Jaita jee mentions this fact)
Both Vaheguru and Vahguru ARE SATNAAM.
Vahegurrrrrru or Vahgurrrrruu is ARMY way of pronouncing Satnaam. This has lots of bir rass and thats why AKJ singhs gave so many shaheedis and are always under Governments vigilance.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Vaheguru or Vahguru
April 16, 2016 12:28PM
How is Vahguru Satnaam? Only Gurmantar given by Guru Sahib is Satnaam, and Guru Sahib never gave VahGuru as Naam. Vahguru is not Satnaam.
April 16, 2016 01:46PM
You can see Vahguru used in Guru Granth Sahib:
ਸੇਵਕ ਕੈ ਭਰਪੂਰ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਤੇਰਾ ਸਭੁ ਸਦਕਾ ॥

gsingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is Vahguru Satnaam? Only Gurmantar given by
> Guru Sahib is Satnaam, and Guru Sahib never gave
> VahGuru as Naam. Vahguru is not Satnaam.

If you read Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaars, you can see him mention Waheguru as GuruMantar. I can give you some references if you want me to.
April 16, 2016 04:29PM
ਚਲਤ ਬੈਸਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਜਾਗਤ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਚਿਤਾਰਿ ॥ ਚਰਣ ਸਰਣ ਭਜੁ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਾਧੂ ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰ ਉਤਰਹਿ ਪਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਧਾਰਿ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਲਾਇ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਅਵਰ ਸਗਲ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
and ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਜਨ ਸੈਨਾ ॥
and ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ॥
The first shabat uses Gurmantr and naam as synonyms by telling us to put naam and Gurmantr in the hirda.
the second two shabads tell us to jap naam and Satnaam, so Satnaam and naam are also used as synonyms.
Therefore I think that Gurmantr is naam and naam is Satnaam so Gurmantr is Satnaam.
Gurmantr according to what panj piare tell, what Bhai Gurdas jee wrote is Vaheguru.
ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ, ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੁ, ਗੁਰ ਵਾਹੁ, ਵਾਹੁ are all referring to the gurmantr but they aren't the gurmantr.
Since the Gurmantr is the Satnaam I don't think these are Satnaam or Gurmantr. They refer to the gurmantr just like the other names for Vaheguru do when we are told to jap naam in bani.
April 17, 2016 01:28AM
Bhai Randhir Singh Jee had access to Sachkhand as his dasam duar was open.
I was told by Kulbir Singh Jee that Bhai Sahib said both vaheguru and vahguru are Naam.
Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee had intellectual knowledge of Grammar of GURBANI AKHARS.()he wrote book on Gurbani Grammar too)
Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee also had divine knowledge of Grammar of Gurbani Akhars via the LOTUS FEET of SATGURU JEE.

So there is no doubt that both Vahguru and Vaheguru are Naam.

But Gurmantar is only Vaheguru and not Vahguru.

There is a special way of pronouncing Gurmantar where u just keep ur tongue on top part of ur mouth and u just breathe and Vaheguru sound(not Vahguru sound) is produced.
I told about this to many amritdharis in Delhi.
April 17, 2016 04:08AM

I was told by Kulbir Singh Jee that Bhai Sahib said both vaheguru and vahguru are Naam.

I did not say that both Vaheguru and Vaahguru are Naam. What I said (or what I meant) was that as per Bhai Sahib jee, both Vaheguru and Vaahguru can be compound words but Vahu-Gur can't be a compound word. Bhai Sahib jee wrote this while rejecting the Bhasaur notion that Vahugur is the Gurmantr.

Kulbir Singh
April 17, 2016 05:09AM
Okay Veer jee

I am 100% sure that Gurmantar is Vaheguru and not Vahguru.
I am not sure whether Vahguru is satnaam. I have a feeling that Vahguru might not be Satnaam but its KIRTAM NAAM of God SAME AS AKAAL

Even kirtam naam Akaal has lot of bir rass and Sikh Army from Guru Hargobind Jee's time has been chanting AKAAL AKAAL AKAAL AKAAL.

In short,
Gurmantar is Vaheguru
Gurmantar is Satnaam
Vahguru is KIRTAM naam same as AKAAL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login