Vaccinations

Posted by SinghAbb 
Vaccinations
September 17, 2014 02:32PM
Are vaccines okay for Sikhs?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Vaccinations
September 18, 2014 04:58PM
I'm not sure about all of the vaccines, but some of them include egg so it is better not to get these vaccines such as the influenza "flu shot" or travel vaccines

Sukhsehaj Kaur
September 18, 2014 11:23PM
I agree that it is a good idea to stay away from them.

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,20224

This says that it is okay to take medicine with animal products if it is necessary.
So can this be used to compare with vaccines? If it can, then there is definitely a line that can't be crossed, for example, I have noticed personally that I do not need to take the flu shot. The flu won't kill me. But what about something like a polio vaccine? Or a more deadly disease?

I think there are lots of AmritDharis in high school that get these shots on those days that every kid fears. There were always funny stories going around of some kid freaking out, and I've heard of people running through the school.grinning smiley
September 20, 2014 12:58PM
Vaccninations for flus contain chicken guts. I know this first hand. I remember some years ago my job recommended I take a flu shot as many people at work were catching the flu. When I went to the hospital ( Kaiser Hospital) , the lady was about to inject me, but I thought I should at least ask if there are animal parts in the injection. She said yes there is chicken parts ( guts) in the flu shot.The bacteria in chicken guts which generally makes someone sick are supposedly suppose to reverse the flu. I didnt take the shot and I was fortunate to not get the flu. But even if I did get the flu the flu isnt goint to kill me.
September 20, 2014 03:31PM
The flu vaccine does not seem to be eradicating the disease, like the way smallpox went.
It seems to be a big fail. Unfortunately the flu virus mutates too much.
But does anyone know if it is okay to take the dangerous disease vaccines? That like that I previously posted said that it is okay to take medicine with gelatin, if it is absolutely necessary.
1. Do the vaccines for dangerous diseases (polio, etc.) come under the category of necessary too?
2. Another thing is that I would be willing to put myself at the risk of getting the disease, but is it okay to not let children get the vaccines, because that is not the decision of my own body.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login