ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pictures of Gurus/Harimandir Sahib

Posted by TruthSeeker15 
Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh,

I apologise if this has been posted before. I did a search but couldn't find anything on it. Here goes:

I am confused as to whether or not we are allowed to put up pictures of the Guru Sahibhaan, even if we don't bow to them or otherwise worship them, but have them for inspirational purposes only. I know the pictures that are made today are only imaginary. If we can put them up for inspiration, are there any special rules we should follow? I read somewhere that we can have the pictures for inspiration, but we shouldn't point our feet towards them. What about pictures of Harimandir Sahib? What are the rules pertaining to those?

Gurfateh,

Justin
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
If you have historical pictures for personal inspiration or to remind you of Sikh history then there is no harm, but if you are bowing to pictures or meditating on such pictures then such pictures can be a hinderence to spiritual development.

I think inspirational pictures can be used as a good tool to keep the young interested in Sikh history and Sikh leaders. I remember as a child looking at the pictures of Shaheed Bhai Mani SIngh Ji, Bhai Subegh Singh JI and Bhai Mati Das JI had a profound impact on my mind. When I saw such pictures I developed an appreciation for the early Sikhswho sacrificed their lives so we can enjoy Sikhi today.
Thank you for responding, Sukheep Singhji.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login