ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sri Rehraas Sahib & Sri Sohila Sahib

Posted by Navroop Singh 
VJKK VJKF,

I read the following Svaal-Javaab (Question-Answer) in Atam Science Magazine, which I found applicable to me. If anyone has any more thoughts on it, please share.

Question : We sit and recite Sri Rehraas Sahib Paath as a family, and after that we recite Sri Sohila Sahib Paath. When it comes to sleeping, I don't recite Sri Sohila Sahib; is there anything wrong in this? Should I lay down and recite Paath?

Answer : (from Bhai Raghbir Singh Bir): Sri Sohila Sahib Paath should be recited at the time of going to bed. Even if you have recited it along with Sri Rehraas Sahib, you should recite it again before sleeping. Ideally, after reciting Sri Sohila Sahib, you should start simran, and then when sleep arises, then you should go to sleep.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
It is common knowledge that Kirtan Sohila be recited at night even if one recites or listens to Kirtan Sohila with sangat during Sukhasan, one stll has to recite it individually when going to sleep.

If I remember correctly, Prem Sumarg Granth mentions the opposite of Sardar Raghbir SIngh Ji. Prem Sumarg mentions one should do swas swas naam abhyiaas when going to sleep then as soon as one gets tired they should recite Kirtan Sohila.It is mentioned that when one follows this maryada then ones swas enters the dasam duaar when sleeping. The problem is when one does swas swaas naam abhyiaas before going to sleep they get to much energy to go to sleep and then end up going to sleep late.
I looked at Prem Sumarg Granth again and the saying is not to do Naam Jaap after kirtan sohila the saying is as soon as one is done with their days work they should recite Gurbani ( including Dasam Bani) . Then do kirtan and then when they are tired do kirtan sohila. Upon waking they should naam jaap with each swas and awaken their attention throughout the day to naam jaap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login