ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਸੇਮਥੇਨਿਹਚਲਰਹੇਜਿਨਗੁਰਿਧਾਰਿਆਹਥੁ ॥

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
ਸੇਮਥੇਨਿਹਚਲਰਹੇਜਿਨਗੁਰਿਧਾਰਿਆਹਥੁ ॥

The other day I was doing sehaj paath and I came across the above pangti. As soon as I read this pangit I was reminded of the life of Akali Phoola SIngh Ji.

Akali Phoola Ji was a great Jathedar ( general) for the greatest jathebandi " Shaheedi Missal" to exist in Sikhi history. His father Baba Ishar Singh Ji was also a great general who was in charge of the Shaheedi Missal when Akali Phoola Singh Ji was a little boy. Baba Ishar Singh never thought just about his own jatha/missal he always thought about the whole panth.

Ahmad Shah Abadali of Afghanistan invaded India numerous times. Eventually the Misslas united and ran Ahmad Shah Abdali out of the country, but this victory came at a heavy cost. Many Gursikhs became shaheed and many became greatly injured. Baba Ishar Singh Ji was one of them. Upon his ending days he entrusted the care of his son to Baba Narain Singh Ji, and specifically told him not to worry about Akali Phoola Singh Ji as " Sri Dasmesh Pita Ji has his hands on Akali Jis head". As Akali got older he noticed this boy was blessed in so many ways. He loved Gurbani and the Panth, and he was greatly skilled in combat. His faith in the Guru and the Gurus way was unwavering! Baba Narain Singh Ji was not the only one who recognized the hand of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on Akali Jis head; the whole Shaheedi Missal Jatha recognized Sri Guru jis hand on Akali Jis head.

Akali Jis mother also mother passed away from a bad injury while Akali Ji was still young. Before her time was over she spoke some beautiful lessons to Akali Ji about Gurmat, and she told him how the hands of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was on his head, and he should not worry about anything.

Akali Ji was a great general . After his parents died he renounced all his wealth to the panth. He humbly served in Anandpur Sahib at a time when the Hill Rajas were trying to seize the Gurdwaras and hurt the people. Akali always straightened out these bullies. After he went to Sri Harmandir Sahib were he performed "kar seva" meaning he cleaned the sediment of the Amrit Sarovar tank. While doing seva he continued to jaap naam.

The Shaeedi Jatha became very impressed with the humble servant and honored him as leader ( jathedar) of the whole Guru Khalsa Panth. Akali Ji was such a great leader it was he who united the missals who were fighting over leadership and power. He told them it was manmat for jathebandis to fight with one another. Eventually Akali Ji became the head general of the whole panth by becoming Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht.

We cant imagine what it would feel like to have Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis hand on ones head. It must be similar to the feeling of Panj Pyaarey giving naam at Amrit Sanchar. But to have this feeling throughout ones life must have been a major blessing. We cant imagine what type of aura Akali Jee must of had for people to see the hand of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on his head. Surely he must of been a fearless Khalsa walking firm on the Gurus path.
ਇਨ ਗਰੀਬ ਸਿੰਘਨ ਕੋ ਦਯੈ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ , ਯਹ ਯਾਦ ਰਖੈ ਹਮਰੀ ਗੁਰਿਆਈ
I will make leaders out of these poor Sikhs, and then people will remember my Gurship.
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh JI
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Indeed Akali Phoola Singh jee was a great Gursikh and so was the Shaheedi Misl that he belonged to.

ਇਨ ਗਰੀਬ ਸਿੰਘਨ ਕੋ ਦਯੈ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ , ਯਹ ਯਾਦ ਰਖੈ ਹਮਰੀ ਗੁਰਿਆਈ
I will make leaders out of these poor Sikhs, and then people will remember my Gurship.
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh JI

I will give Paatshahi (i.e. make them kings) to the poor Sikhs, and they (not people) will remember our Guruship.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login