ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sugar

Posted by SinghAbb 
Sugar
July 10, 2014 11:31PM
So we all know that some sugar has bones in it.
Some gurdware probably don't know this, the Degh Singhs probably just make degh with whatever the sangat brings in.
Should we contact akal takht sahib to do something about this? If they stop snoozing all the time, they might take some steps to solve this problem worldwide.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sugar
July 11, 2014 07:25PM
Sri Akal Takht have bigger fish to fry. Besides do you honestly think half these Gurdwara Sahibs ran by modern day masands would heed to the orders of the Sri Akal Takht? I remember a few years ago my brother and some other Singhs try to educate the commitee members who manage the main Gurdwara Sahibs in California about some milk brands which were not suituable for vegetarians. A few members agreed to not allow such milk in langar but others didnt. This is what happens when Gurdwara Sahibs and Jathebandis are ran by commitee members instead of Panj Pyaarey. There will always be split decisions when we try to manage our Gurdwara Sahibs like a modern democracy . The singhs knew commitee did not care about keeping langar free of meat products so they started making signs and posting them on the Gurdwara Sahibs saying certian brands of milk contained fish. The commitee members got mad and ripped them off the wall. Im sure they would do the same thing with the sugar issue.

Todays Gurdwara Sahibs are ran like businesses they could care less about Gurmat Maryada. Best thing to do in this dilema is to refrain from eating at Gurdwara Sahibs which are not attentive about what sugar they use.
Re: Sugar
August 26, 2014 11:10AM
I looked up some stuff about this on google and I was wrong. There is no bone in the sugar. So as far as I know its fine to eat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login