ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trading in Stocks voidable according to Gurmat?

Posted by p21singh 
Vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
Vaheguruoo jee kii fateh jeooo.....
Today my concept is related to somewhat which I want to do in future.
My question is simple that Is trading in stocks is valid the profit earned from it is ok according to Gurmat.
I was reading a book of Mr Gandhi in which I had read that the Getting something without doing anything is a sin according to Gandhi philosophy.
This urged me that if Gandhi treated this as sin then what Gurmat think of it?

I hope Gurmukhs must shed light on it.

Thanks

Vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
Vaheguruoo jee kii fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
VJKK VJKF

Gandhi's guidance ideas seem futile in my opinion, he may referrring to trading stocks as gambling.

Indeed hard work is required in any field and to become a trader/investor is not easy one of the most toughest of all professions, as it is counter intuitive.

It requires discipline to be successful as you probably know already and such discipline involves:

1. keeping a stable account size trading only 2% of that account
2. keeping a discipline trade plan and sticking to it at all times.
3. Fundamental and techinal analysis is required to support you sceniros for stocks etc.
4. Macro economic and mico econmic study is also of importance in your decision.
5. Sharp ratio of your risk/return to be analysed monthly ref [www.investopedia.com]

So you have to ask your self are the above 5 points - gambling and not doing anything - far as i am concerned it is tough as a job of a heart surgeon.

On the other hand associated with this is people who just do the following and beleive they are investors/traders:

1. gamble the money put all you eggs in one basket and hope for the best.
2. have a trade plan and make their ego bigger and go against it
3. no calculation of risk or anaylsis of anything go on hearsay and advise of newsletters - tipsters.
4. no discipline in risk - no preparation for the day or month ahead
5. assume you will make money without even doing self analysis of your own psychology on investing - greed based only.

So I am sure if you or anyone is serious in this profession - there is plenty of hard work and discipline and patience requried to produce results and that in my opinion is according to sikhe principles. However if you do the later half of the points, in this game then it is clearly not - It is up to the indiviudal of how he approches any job profession - either do it properly or just take it for granted - both will produce results either living the luxury lifestyle and helping in others achieve potentional within them or end in a carboard box and no roof over ones head.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login