ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurbani Viyakaran Quiz 1

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Gurbani Viyakaran Quiz 1
July 18, 2011 12:45PM
[gurmatbibek.com]

Now that you have taken instructions from our Viyakaran Ustaad - Bhai Gurman Singh jee (see link above), attempt to take this quiz and see what you score. Suggested answers will be posted soon:

Basically you have to choose from one of the 6 options from below to explain why the Aunkad of the highlighted nouns have been removed. As an example if you think the Aunkad has bee removed due to it being plural, your answer would be "4".

ਨਿਮਨ-ਲਿਖਤ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਪੰਕਤੀਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਅੰਡਰ-ਲਾਈਨ ਕੀਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੁਕਤੇ ਹੋਣ ਦਾ ਕਾਰਨ ਦਸੋ ਜੀ। ਅੰਡਰ ਲਾਈਨ ਕੀਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੇ ਥੱਲੇ, ਹੇਠਾਂ ਦਿਤੇ ਨਿਯਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਅੰਕ ਲਿਖੋ ਜੀ। ਇਹ ਪਰਚਾ 28 ਨੰਬਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮੁਕਤੇ ਦੇ 6 ਨਿਯਮ ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹਨ: 1) ਸੰਬੋਧਨ 2) ਸੰਬੰਧਕੀ ਪਦ 3) ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਲਿੰਗ ਸ਼ਬਦ 4) ਬਹੁ-ਬਚਨ 5) ਜੁੜਤ ਅੱਖਰ 6) ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਵਜੋਂ

1. ਗਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਗੁਣ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਚਾਰ

2. ਜੇ ਜੁਗ ਚਾਰੇ ਆਰਜਾ ਹੋਰ ਦਸੂਣੀ ਹੋਇ ॥

3. ਤੂ ਸਦਾ ਸਲਾਮਤਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ॥16॥

4. ਪਰਭਾਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਧਿਆਇ ॥

5. ਪਾਣੀ ਧੋਤੈ ਉਤਰਸੁ ਖੇਹ

6. ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥

7. ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੇ ਕੀ ਸਾਚੀ ਕਾਰ

8. ਧਰਮ ਖੰਡ ਕਾ ਏਹੋ ਧਰਮੁ ॥

9. ਸਾਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਲਾਗੈ ਭੂਖ

10. ਕਾਹੇ ਰੇ ਮਨ ਚਿਤਵਹਿ ਉਦਮੁ ਜਾ ਆਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਪਰਿਆ ॥

11. ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥

12. ਛਿਅ ਘਰ ਛਿਅ ਗੁਰ ਛਿਅ ਉਪਦੇਸ

13. ਤੇਰੇ ਭਗਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਭਗਤ ਸਲਾਹਨਿ ਤੁਧੁ ਜੀ ਹਰਿ ਅਨਿਕ ਅਨੇਕ ਅਨੰਤਾ ॥

14. ਮਹਾ ਅਨੰਦ ਭਏ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਪਰਸਾਦੇ ॥

15. ਮਿਰਤਕ ਕਉ ਪਾਇਓ ਤਨਿ ਸਾਸਾ ਬਿਛੁਰਤ ਆਨਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥

16. ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜੀ ਤੂ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਅਧਾਰੈ ॥

17. ਸੰਤ ਸਰਣਿ ਸੰਤ ਟਹਲ ਕਰੀ ॥

18. ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਛੋਡਉ ਸਹਜੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਰੇ ॥3॥3॥

19. ਜੋ ਬਚਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕਾਢਿ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥4॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Basically the two posts of Gurman Singh at the following link and then answer the quiz below:

The answer to first question is: 4.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Gurbani Viyakaran Quiz 1
July 18, 2011 03:05PM
My understanding is very limited so please forgive me for my mistakes. No doubt, there are many. I look forward to the answers.
1) ਸੰਬੋਧਨ 2) ਸੰਬੰਧਕੀ ਪਦ 3) ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਲਿੰਗ ਸ਼ਬਦ 4) ਬਹੁ-ਬਚਨ 5) ਜੁੜਤ ਅੱਖਰ 6) ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਵਜੋਂ

Answer: 4

Answer: 1

Answer: ?, 2, 4

5. ਪਾਣੀ ਧੋਤੈ ਉਤਰਸੁ ਖੇਹ
Answer: 3

7. ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੇ ਕੀ ਸਾਚੀ ਕਾਰ

8. ਧਰਮ ਖੰਡ ਕਾ ਏਹੋ ਧਰਮੁ ॥
Answer: 2

9. ਸਾਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਲਾਗੈ ਭੂਖ
Answer: 2, ?

Answer: 1

12. ਛਿਅ ਘਰ ਛਿਅ ਗੁਰ ਛਿਅ ਉਪਦੇਸ

Answer: 1/4

Answer: 2

Answer: 1, ?

Answer: ?, 2

Answer: 1, 6?

Answer: 6?
No cheating please. Next posters don't look at others answers.

Kulbir Singh
Haha this is so exciting!! Like waiting for results after an exam! smiling bouncing smiley Couldn't find any 5's or 6's though confused smiley

1. 4
2. 4
3. 1
4. 2, 4
5. 3
6. 4
7. 3
8. 2
9. 2,3
10. 1
11. 3
12. 4
13. 4
14. 4
15. 2
16. 1,2
17. 2,4,3
18. 1,2
19. 2
Warning (possible) answer below!!

Oh, i just realised maybe 18) ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਛੋਡਉ is 5) ਜੁੜਤ ਅੱਖਰ !!
Gurbani Viyakaran

ਿਮਨ-ਲਿਖਤ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਪੰਕਤੀਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਅੰਡਰ-ਲਾਈਨ ਕੀਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੁਕਤੇ ਹੋਣ ਦਾ ਕਾਰਨ ਦਸੋ ਜੀ। ਅੰਡਰ ਲਾਈਨ ਕੀਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੇ ਥੱਲੇ, ਹੇਠਾਂ ਦਿਤੇ ਨਿਯਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਅੰਕ ਲਿਖੋ ਜੀ। ਇਹ ਪਰਚਾ 28 ਨੰਬਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮੁਕਤੇ ਦੇ 6 ਨਿਯਮ ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹਨ: 1) ਸੰਬੋਧਨ 2) ਸੰਬੰਧਕੀ ਪਦ 3) ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਲਿੰਗ ਸ਼ਬਦ 4) ਬਹੁ-ਬਚਨ 5) ਜੁੜਤ ਅੱਖਰ 6) ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਵਜੋਂ

Answer: 4 (Guru Sahib is referring to the many guns of Vaheguroo Jee)

Answer: 4 (Guru Sahib makes reference to the four ages which is plural)

Answer: 1 (Guru Sahib is addressing Vaheguroo, we know this because of the tun at the beginning of the pangti)

Answer: 5 (Guru Sahib is referring to the Naam of Vaheguroo so I think that makes Prabh-Naam a joint word which is also why the aunkar appears on Naam); 2 (The ke after Gur, makes this a sambhandki pad); 4 (By writing Gur ke charan, Guru Sahib makes charan a plural word)

5. ਪਾਣੀ ਧੋਤੈ ਉਤਰਸੁ ਖੇਹ ॥

Answer: 3 (Kheh is a female noun; Recall: Kabir Ji’s salok: Kabeer kheh hooee tau kia bhia, the word “hooee” signals that Kheh is female)

Answer: 4 (Guru Sahib tells us that Vaheguroo has all virtues, thus the word

“gun” is plural)

7. ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੇ ਕੀ ਸਾਚੀ ਕਾਰ ॥

Answer: 3 (Kaar is female noun, Guru Sahib signals this with the word saachi; also in the pankti “Prabh teri vaddi kaar”, the word kaar is treated as female)

8. ਧਰਮ ਖੰਡ ਕਾ ਏਹੋ ਧਰਮੁ ॥

Answer: 2 (The word “ka” is a prepositions which makes this a sambandhki pad)

9. ਸਾਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਲਾਗੈ ਭੂਖ ॥

Answer: 2,3 (The word “ki” is a preposition which makes this a sambandhki pad; plus, bhookh is a female word as per Gurman Singh ji’s post)

Answer: 1 (The phrase “Re Man” is addressing the mind, therefore this is sambodhan)

Answer: 5 and 3 (I think Manukh-Dehuria is one term i.e. jurat akhar. And because Manukh is associated with dehuria (which is also a female noun), it makes further sense that the aunkar is removed.)

12. ਛਿਅ ਘਰ ਛਿਅ ਗੁਰ ਛਿਅ ਉਪਦੇਸ ॥

Answer: All of them are 4. (The word “she” in front of “ghar”, “Gur” and “Updesh” indicate that these words are plural).

Answer: 4 (Again, “tere bhagat” indicates that Guru Sahib is referring to the many bhagats of Guru Sahib.)

Answer: 4 (The word “bhae” indicates that the word “anand” is plural; if it had been singular, the word would have been “bhaia” as in “anand bhaia meri mae”)

Answer: 2 (The word “kau” is a preposition, therefore this is sambandhki pad.)

Answer: 1 and 6 for the word “Prabh Ji”, 4 for “praan” (Guru Sahib is addressing Vaheguru; we know this because after “Prabh Ji”, Guru Sahibs uses the word “tu” to again refer to Vaheguru; also, the word “Ji” indicates satikar toward Vaheguru Ji as well; Guru Sahib indicates that the word “pran” is plural by the use of the word “mere”)

Answer: 4,4,3 (This is purely guesswork but the only reason I can think of that the word “sant” does not have aunkar is because it refers to many “sants”, therefore it is plural. The word “tehal” is, I think, a female noun as indicated by the word “kari” at the end.)

Answer: 1, 5 (I think when Kabir Ji says “Kah Kabeer”, he is talking to himself as well and telling himself to not let go of Raam-naam, therefore it is sambodhan. I think the word “Raam naam” is jurat akhar.)

Answer: 5 (I think “bachan-Gur” is jurat akhar. Guru Sahib here is referring to believing the words of the Guru to be true.)

The above was a joint effort by my sister and I. smiling smiley
Mann bahut khush hoiya tuhaade jawaab par ke. Shabaash! For the most part the responses are correct.

Preetam Singhs format is good because he also provides explanations for his responses.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Gurbani Viyakaran Quiz 1
July 22, 2011 06:02AM
Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeeo,

I have a few queries:

ਪਰਭਾਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਧਿਆਇ ॥

Shouldn't this be 2, 2, 4 because of the following reasons:
1. Prabh da Naam (hence 2)
2. Gur ke charan (Hence 2)
3. charan are plural

ਧਰਮ ਖੰਡ ਕਾ ਏਹੋ ਧਰਮੁ ॥
This could be 2 (Dharam da khand)
but couldn't this be 5 also as ਧਰਮਖੰਡ (one word, name). This being one word also makes sense as ਖੰਡ has no Aunkad because of the preposition following it (Ka)

Answer: 4,4,3 (This is purely guesswork but the only reason I can think of that the word “sant” does not have aunkar is because it refers to many “sants”, therefore it is plural. The word “tehal” is, I think, a female noun as indicated by the word “kari” at the end.)

Preetam Singh jeeo, I think the answer is 2,2 and 3. The meaning is ਸੰਤ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਣ ਵਿਚ ਸੰਤ ਦੀ ਟਹਲ ਕਰਾਂ।

One could argue that the meaning is ਸੰਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਣ ਵਿਚ ਸੰਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਟਹਲ ਕਰਾਂ। in which case, Preetam Singh's response would be correct but again the main idea behind putting this Pankiti in the quiz was to be able to pick up the gupt sambandhaki pad after both ਸੰਤ. So the correct answer according to the teacher is 2, 2, 3.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib Jee, still awaiting your answers for this quiz and a new quiz for VisheshaN smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login