Akali Shaktis Powers

Posted by mahamoorkh 
Akali Shaktis Powers
April 17, 2011 04:01PM
What are Akali Shaktis Powers?
Can you list them
Are they similar to ridhia sidhia?
Can gursikhs use them?
Has bhai randhir Singh wrote any articles on them?

Can bhai Kulbir Singh jee and other gursikhs please answer this in full detail.

Thank You
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Akali Shaktis Powers
April 17, 2011 06:38PM
Taken from an old post:

Siri Jap jee Sahib and Ridhi Sidhi

Bhai Sahib was of the opinion that indulging in Ridhi-Sidhis is a big hurdle in spiritual progress and at the same time he also believed that a Singh who follows Gurmat including the Rehit Bibek, is saved by Guru Sahib from this very difficult phase of spirituality. I still remember this incident from the 1990s when an Abhyaasi Singh, asked Bhai Sahib, in the parking lot of Weston Gurdwara Sahib, about the hurdles related to Ridhi-Sidhis, Bhai Sahib jumped over a water pothole and remarked that Rehitvaan Singh cross this hurdle as easily as this (as Bhai Sahib jumped over the water pothole). He said that Guru Sahib saves His Rehitvaan Gurmukhs from getting stuck in this major spiritual hurdle. Many other Abhyaasis who are not humble Gursikhs (Humble Gursikhs are ones who obey Guru Sahib and keep Rehit) often get lot of Ridhi-Sidhis and by indulging in them, waste their spiritual earnings.

Bhai Sahib once mentioned that if a person does Paaths of Siri Jap jee Sahib with concentration, Ridhi-Sidhis come very quickly. I asked him to elaborate and he mentioned that when he first started walking towards Sikhi, he started doing 10 Paaths of Siri Jap jee Sahib a day with full concentration. Within days, Bhai Sahib started experiencing Ridhi-Sidhis that surprised him beyond belief. He quoted couple of examples of what he experienced. One of his acquaintances was expecting a child. Bhai Sahib explicitly saw the scene of a male child being born to them and within days the couple had the child that Bhai Sahib had a vision of, days earlier. Bhai Sahib had seen a vision of the exact same child, before he was even born.

The Tatt Gurmat earnings start getting deposited in a seeker’s account only when the seeker is a candidate of Parmarath (true spirituality). If a person is not an Amritdhari and is not a true seeker of Vaheguru, then his spiritual earnings (resulting from Gurbani Paath) are spent on fulfilling his worldly wishes and any excess earnings result in Ridhi-Sidhis. On the other hand, Gurmukhs who are true seekers of Vaheguru, have their spiritual earnings of Naam and Gurbani spent towards getting the true Parmarath. Their worldly wishes too are taken care of, by Vaheguru, and they don’t even have to think about them. Their needs are fulfilled before they get a chance to even think about them. They are saved from low-level Ridhi Sidhis and when they attain their spiritual destination, then the real Gurmat oriented Ridhi Sidhis or what you can call Akali Shaktis are given to them by Guru Sahib. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has mentioned these Akali Shaktis in the tract Amrit kee hai. These Akali Shaktis are superior to and different from the low level Ridhis Sidhis that even Yogis or Sufis can have.
April 17, 2011 08:07PM
Veer/Bhen not 'mahamoorakh' jiyo, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji in the book Gurmat Naam Abhyiaas Kamaai, in the chapter titled "Naam daa Simran, Man Diyaan Muraadaan Te Ridhiaan Sidhiaan" on from pages 126-140 answers the question you are asking. Please refer to this chapter of the book.

Jaspreet Singh
April 17, 2011 11:56PM
Thank you. Bhai kulbir Singh you didn't answer my question. What exactly are theseAkali Shaktis Powers. Please answer my questions! Thanks!
"mahamoorakh" jee, basically you can do anything with Akaal Shaktis. Move mountains, drain oceans, destroy continents, fly around all Khands and Brahmands in your astral body, visit and cruise around SachKhand. Anything really.

But only full Gurmukhs are bestowed with these powers from Satguru Jee after they have proven themselves to be responsible and will not abuse them for silly purposes for example how yogis do with riddhisiddis.
Here is an extract of quite an article on these types of supernatural powers, it does not mention Akaal Shaktis though:

Ridhi-Sidhi

These are supernatural powers, and include Ridhi, Sidhi, Nau-Nidhi, Budhi, and Mukti -
Ridhi

It is attainment, success, progress, and affluence. Literally, Ridhi also means cooked-food. The practitioner of the Naam becomes widely known (influential), and the people start bringing him or her all sorts of foods, eatables, gifts, and other commodities - one of his attainments.
Sidhi

Occult, i.e. supernatural powers. One can be present at more than one places at one and the same time, can make prophesies, become invisible, get power to fly, can make things happen, bless (and curse) others, produce things from nowhere, bring back life to the dead, and solve problems of the others. His or her Hamzad (astral-self) can separate from the gross body and visit places etc. Such powers come naturally as well. Power to change his body with another on verge of the other’s death, can develop. Some may get the power to die at will, and even of automatic self-immolation of his or her dead body. The practitioner does not usually long or work for them. He is not supposed to display his or her prowess. Moreover, these are considered to be of no great merit, are interference in the Lord’s plans, and are a hindrance in the God realization. These do not lead to emancipation - Ridh-e sidh-e sabhu mohu haae Naamu naa vassaae Manne aa-ae Supernatural powers are attachments, These do not permit the Naam to get set in the mind. 5-593-18

Sidhis are 18. (Shabdarath, S,G,P.C., 1986, Page 10).

Minor Sidhis

These are ten:
1. Door-Darshan - to see all, clairvoyance.
2. Door-Sarvan - to hear all, clairaudience.
3. Par-Kaya Parvesh - ability to enter other’s body. To rejuvenate, he may discard his own old body and enter that of a (dying) young person.
4. Annuram - freedom from hunger and thirst.
5. Kaamroop - adopt desired form, ability to change the form to that of another person.
6. Savichhatt-Mirtu - to die at will, to die the way one wants to.
7. Sankalap Sidhi - to get desires fulfilled, to have all that one wants.
8. Apprittehatt-Gatee - ability to go anywhere without any hindrance or obstruction.
9. Mano-Veg - to go anywhere at the speed of thought.
10. Sur-Kareer.a - to have enjoyment along with demi gods, to join them in enjoyments (merry making).

Major Sidhis

These are eight:

11. Anima - ability to become very small, minute.
12. Mahema - to become big, gain colossal size.
13. Garima - to become heavy, gain an excessive weight.
14. Laghima - to become light, subtle.
15. Praptee - to get success, achieve goals, and get fulfilled.
16. Prakamya - to read the minds of other people.
17. Eeshihta (Isatva) - lordliness, and power to persuade others.
18. Vashihta (Vasitva) - to control other’s mind. Self control - control over all senses.

[sikhiwiki.org]

It seems that Riddiya Siddiya are also finite and restricted to this karam bhoom (i.e. this world we live in - Earth) and would not work in higher spiritual realms or khands.

The point that I would like to make, is that for the Singhs, these powers are kabai hath di kheR (the play of the left hand - a piece of cake) and we must be careful regarding these because in Gurbani, Guru Jee has written:

ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਸਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ||
ridh sidh sabh mohu hai naam n vasai man aae |
Riches and the supernatural spiritual powers of the Siddhas are all emotional attachments; through them, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, does not come to dwell in the mind.
ਰਿੱਧੀਆਂ ਤੇ ਸਿੱਧੀਆਂ (ਭੀ) ਨਿਰੋਲ ਮੋਹ (ਰੂਪ) ਹਨ, (ਇਹਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ) ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਵੱਸ ਸਕਦਾ [

I think many leaders of controversial deras or other organisations, without mentioning any names, are impressing naive sangat with these types of lower level powers. Many people, upon seeing a demonstration of these type of powers might think that someone must be a brahmgyani if they have these powers, and therefore become their chelas. We should be very wary of those who use, and abuse, these riddhisiddhi powers. However these are no big deal, and they are all well below the Akaal Shaktis that true Gurmukhs of the House of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Jee get bestowed with.

As I mentioned in the post above, with Akaal Shaktis one can almost do anything, including and superseding all the ridhisidhis. One gets all the powers that Satguru Jee themselves have i.e. ability to do anything and everything. However Gursikhs rarely, if ever, use these massive powers. There are a couple of Saakhis regarding Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee where they have used these powers, for example this one here but we can assume on those occasions it was with the full permission of Guru Jee.
April 18, 2011 07:21AM
Ridhi Sidhis are extra-sensory powers that spiritual seekers of different faiths get. Some Gursikhs are bombarded with Ridhi-Sidhis in their initial stages and these Ridhi-Sidhis are like agents of Maya that seek to distract the Gurmukh seeker from rising above. Gurmukhs who live in Hukam of Guru Sahib are normally spared of this difficult phase.

Gurmukhs who don't get indulged in these Ridhi-Sidhis are blessed with Akali Shaktis that don't distract Gursikhs. These Shaktis come at a stage when there is little chance of the Gursikh to falter. These Shaktis enable Gurmukhs to do anything they want. They have Vaheguru in their hearts and there is nothing they can't do.

Gurmukhs are saved from low-level Ridhi Sidhis and when they attain their spiritual destination, then the real Gurmat oriented Ridhi Sidhis or what you can call Akali Shaktis are given to them by Guru Sahib. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has mentioned these Akali Shaktis in the tract Amrit kee hai. These Akali Shaktis are superior to and different from the low level Ridhis Sidhis that even Yogis or Sufis can have.

Kulbir Singh
April 18, 2011 12:40PM
When I first came into Sikhi I started to see glimpses of my day ahead and what was going to happen in life to me the next day, this was when I was a mona and started to do alot of simran, it stopped after I took amrit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login