ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We are not your Sikhs

Posted by Manmander Singh 
We are not your Sikhs
September 11, 2012 03:14PM
(seen on gursikhs facebook status...)

"Excellent work by Savneet Singh ji in the Sikh Youth Film Festival... A must watch

When we loose our true Guru, our internal state gets polluted and we commonly say that times have changed and Sikhi has diluted. No, we have changed for our selfish reasons and lost our true Guru."

VIDEO
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: We are not your Sikhs
September 11, 2012 07:20PM
Well done Savneet Singh! I don't know why we have not as a sangat produced something like this yet. Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee is being openly called a shame to the panth, the reason for lack of ekta, while pad-ched is being globally treated as the true Guru. Seeing this video has made me feel ashamed that I've been so meek and quiet towards this issue. Guru Sahib is not a book and can't be treated as one, and behaving as though pad-ched can take the place of lareedar saroop is a shameful disregard of the power, perfection, and ultimate unchangeablity of Maharaj jee's saroop. More parchaar like this needs to be done!
September 11, 2012 08:55PM
That Video has excellent comment by "Harshwinder Singh · Microsoft"

One old gursikh told me that since the Panth has done tote-tote of Guru sahib, Panth itself has been going in Dhendi kala.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
September 11, 2012 09:41PM
Vaheguroo, Dhan Ho Tusee Singho! Dhan Ho!

Daas couldn't help but tear up hearing the sorrow in your voice dear veers.
I hereby swear to never bow down in front of padd-chedd ever again, and only bow my head to the Uchay Suchay Lareevaar Saroop of Pita Jee. I refuse to attend programs held with padd ched on guroo sahib's throne and I refuse to do saanj with those people who support padd ched and oppose lareevaar.

Guroo Sahib is very delighted singho, I can feel it. Bohut Khoob.
September 12, 2012 12:11PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
An excellent keertan for an excellent message of truth, but alas, only those will feel its reality, who live!>
[www.baani.net]
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
ps. I would like to post it on my facebook, but fear more ridicule (by non-believers) due to strong accent, and Gurmukh treating beard before approaching Guru Maharaj..
September 12, 2012 05:08PM
Amazing!
Thanks for sharing!
Finally someone has spoken the truth!
Excellent video!
September 14, 2012 02:33AM
Very good video. I have questions though...

What respect do we give Pad ched saroop? Do we do matha tek to it? Do we not go to programmes where pad ched saroop is present? Even in AKJ UK they do not have larrivaar saroop present every rainsbai.

I feel that I will end staying at home most of the time than go to Gurdwara as the one near I live and others close by do not have larrivaar saroop...

AS
September 14, 2012 06:01PM
babeeha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very good video. I have questions though...
>
> What respect do we give Pad ched saroop? Do we do
> matha tek to it? Do we not go to programmes where
> pad ched saroop is present? Even in AKJ UK they do
> not have larrivaar saroop present every rainsbai.
>
>
> I feel that I will end staying at home most of the
> time than go to Gurdwara as the one near I live
> and others close by do not have larrivaar
> saroop...
>
>
> AS

Till resolved one must carry on as normal till larrivaar saroop is present - issue is there and we know people are trying to do something about it - kirtan being sung at rehansbai is not going to change is it ??? i mean are u going to here gurbani sung differently if larivar saroop is present or not?
September 15, 2012 03:02PM
ns44 Wrote:
> babeeha Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Very good video. I have questions though...
> >
> > What respect do we give Pad ched saroop? Do we
> do
> > matha tek to it? Do we not go to programmes
> where
> > pad ched saroop is present? Even in AKJ UK they
> do
> > not have larrivaar saroop present every
> rainsbai.
> >
> >
> > I feel that I will end staying at home most of
> the
> > time than go to Gurdwara as the one near I live
> > and others close by do not have larrivaar
> > saroop...
> >
> >
> > AS
>
> Till resolved one must carry on as normal till
> larrivaar saroop is present - issue is there and
> we know people are trying to do something about it
> - kirtan being sung at rehansbai is not going to
> change is it ??? i mean are u going to here
> gurbani sung differently if larivar saroop is
> present or not?

This may hold true for those groups, who innocently know nothing about Lardeedar and Pad-ched, but this is completely unacceptable when it comes to Jatha programs. In the video, i was saddened when he mentioned that AKJ is among the only groups that still do Parkash of laridar, because this is not true anymore. We have to realize that Bhai Sahib started a movement to fix Sikhi from its core, not just to create a tradition of Akkhand Keertan. Right now, Jatha is the only little chance the Panth has left, to bring back the True Guru, and if Jatha has stopped doing Parkash of Guru Sahib, than that leaves no chance for the Panth. If all of Jatha came together and took a stance that only Laridhar Saroop should be Parkash, this would make a huge impact. How hard would this be? Day by day, it would become more accepted, and since many Guruduwara's thrive on the Sangat that AKJ programs bring in, they would eventually just start letting them do whatever they want. Instead, its going in the opposite direction. The less and less we fight, the more uncommon having Parkash of Laridhar will become, and this means when we do fight, it will be all that much harder.

And Yes, Keertan will be sung differently if Guru Sahib is present. Much differently. How can we declare something to be Sadhsangat, when the true Sadh, is not present.
September 16, 2012 12:51AM
Two question -

Q1. In puratan times Guru Jees Swaroop used to be Handwritten and prepared by Likharis. Now we use printing press to prepare Guru Jees Swaroops (let say both Ladivaar and Pad-Ched). Is this correct ? Is this OK ?
These days almost every gurudwara has printed version of Guru Jees Swaroop and not Handwritten one.

Q2. If it is OK to use printing press then can't I use my Computer Printer. Because now we have phographically digitized the Ladivaar purtan swaroops (by PDL), so can't we use any form of printing and then binding to prepare Ladivaar Swaroops ?

As per my understanding Sangat desperately wants Prakash of Ladivaar Swroop but there may be shortage of Ladivaar Swaroops. So solution can be following :

If Jatha does Sankalp and 10 Gursikhs does seva of writing 5 Pages Per Day, as Likharis, then Guru Jees Ladivaar Swaroop can be prepared in less than 30 days.
10 (Gursikh) X 5 (pages per day) X 30 (days) = 1500 Pages.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
September 16, 2012 04:04AM
Bhai Jaskirat Singh jee - for Q1 and Q2 - this has discussed before under these post headings;

A lost Gurmat Tradition that needs to be revived.

Printed or hand written larrivaar saroops?

The idea of hand writing Guru Granth Sahib jee larrivaar saroop seems like a pretty good idea smiling smiley

Wahegurrooo
September 16, 2012 06:21AM
Gurman Singh
This may hold true for those groups, who innocently know nothing about Lardeedar and Pad-ched, but this is completely unacceptable when it comes to Jatha programs. In the video, i was saddened when he mentioned that AKJ is among the only groups that still do Parkash of laridar, because this is not true anymore. We have to realize that Bhai Sahib started a movement to fix Sikhi from its core, not just to create a tradition of Akkhand Keertan. Right now, Jatha is the only little chance the Panth has left, to bring back the True Guru, and if Jatha has stopped doing Parkash of Guru Sahib, than that leaves no chance for the Panth. If all of Jatha came together and took a stance that only Laridhar Saroop should be Parkash, this would make a huge impact. How hard would this be? Day by day, it would become more accepted, and since many Guruduwara's thrive on the Sangat that AKJ programs bring in, they would eventually just start letting them do whatever they want. Instead, its going in the opposite direction. The less and less we fight, the more uncommon having Parkash of Laridhar will become, and this means when we do fight, it will be all that much harder.

The video was made by a singh from Delhi. I am pretty sure all major smagam in Delhi and Punjab have lareevaar saroops only. Even weekly smagams in Delhi, Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Amritsar-- (that I have seen myself) are held with lareevaar only saroops.

Though your statement may apply on abroad akj units.(parbandaks are mainly to blame here- then you have to so called moderates who claim padched or lareevaar its s "non-issue",). Their mentality is purely to be blamed here.Then there are excuses majority can't read from it anyway.

Lareevaar saroops are rare to get by in foreign countries. This is a known fact. If even 1 or 2 are available...logistics becomes an issue. This doesn't mean Gurbani Keertan needs to be terminated. Otherwise how will parchar of Naam happen when Gurbani is not sung?

Chota veer
September 16, 2012 10:03AM
Manmander Singh Wrote:
> Bhai Jaskirat Singh jee - for Q1 and Q2 - this has
> discussed before under these post headings;
>
> A lost Gurmat Tradition that needs to be revived.
>
> Printed or hand written larrivaar saroops?
>
>
> The idea of hand writing Guru Granth Sahib jee
> larrivaar saroop seems like a pretty good idea smiling smiley
>
>
> Wahegurrooo

Waheguru ! Many thanks Baba Manmander Singh Jee. Very interesting and inspirational post. The post with Pictures works like magic.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
October 05, 2012 03:49AM
[www.youtube.com]
A lot of videos have come up telling how much pakhand is in Akhand kirtan. This video (link here) looks like a response.

The other video, up on sikhnet- Delhi sangat has requested to create a punjabi version. The team here is also wondering if someone with better choreography skills could do it this time. Better equipment etc would also help. A much refined video would help in retaining the interest of viewers.

Besides this, there is a clear hesitation this time as the general perception is that many people were hurt. And then, as an afterthough- can arguments win over this rage of doing oral 'vichar' of agaadh bodh dhur ki bani? The missionary mentality is pervasive.

What is your take bhai sahibs? The original intent was to spread awareness among ignorant audience. The team is now intending to abandon such attempts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login