ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help!!!!!sad smiley

Posted by Mahtab Singh 
Help!!!!!sad smiley
September 30, 2012 05:11PM
Vjkk Vjkf! I have started to do keshi ishnan in the morning since the past week or so and it has been really helping. But problem is that my parents don't really want me to do keshi isnan in the morning because they think that is being to strict. They want me to just jap naam and keep to my nitnem only and not to indulge in other important things such as this. I have already taken ishnaan secretly once or twice but they alays end up finding out somehow lol. I have also done ardaas to guroo ji and my parents seemed to have forgotten after that but they have found out once more. Can someone please help me out with this??????????

Thankyou in advanced, Vjkk Vjkf!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Help!!!!!sad smiley
October 04, 2012 07:21PM
anyone?
October 04, 2012 07:49PM
Mahtab Singh
I have also done ardaas to guroo ji and my parents seemed to have forgotten after that but they have found out once more.

Veer Jeeo, you yourself answered your question that after doing Ardaas your parents seemed to forgot. If now they are remembering then this mean you forgot to do Ardaas on regular basis winking smiley

Arrange a meeting between your parents and Elder Gursikhs. Maybe this will help changing your parents view.

I must say this is very interesting. On one hand we have parents who are sad about their children not eating home food, not doing nitnem, not taking interest in doing sangat at Gurudwaras etc... And on other hand we have parents stopping their Bhagat children’s who are yearning to do Bhagti.

Waheguru de khel niraale.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
October 04, 2012 08:35PM
jaskirat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I have also done ardaas to guroo ji and my
> parents seemed to have forgotten after that but
> they have found out once more.
>
>
> Veer Jeeo, you yourself answered your question
> that after doing Ardaas your parents seemed to
> forgot. If now they are remembering then this mean
> you forgot to do Ardaas on regular basis winking smiley
>
> Arrange a meeting between your parents and Elder
> Gursikhs. Maybe this will help changing your
> parents view.
>
> I must say this is very interesting. On one hand
> we have parents who are sad about their children
> not eating home food, not doing nitnem, not taking
> interest in doing sangat at Gurudwaras etc... And
> on other hand we have parents stopping their
> Bhagat children’s who are yearning to do
> Bhagti.
>
> Waheguru de khel niraale.
Vjkk Vjkf Jaskirat Singh jee, I can try to make them talk to some gursikhs in the area. i think they want me to be a gursikh, its just that they dont want to be to strict in my jeevan. They just want me to keep "basic" rehit and not go beyond on that.
October 05, 2012 12:28PM
Mahtab Singh jee

We have no choice but to stick with Guru Sahib's rehit and try to make our parents understand. You can't not do keshi ishnaan everyday, so you are just going to have to go against your parents wishes and continue with Guru Sahib's hukam. I am certain that they will come to accept your rehit eventually. It's not like they are going to kill you for washing your hair everyday, and they can't forcibly stop you from doing so either. Just remain patient with them and try to make them understand in as nice a way as possible. But it is not an option to do dhil, trust in Guru Sahib.

If we are following Guru Sahib's hukam, many times tests will come our way, but as long as we remain firm in Guru Sahib's hukam then eventually all obstacles disappear. You are not obliged to follow manmat orders from your parents, only those that fall in-line with Gurmat.

Preetam Singh
October 05, 2012 02:36PM
Mahtab Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Vjkk Vjkf Jaskirat Singh jee, I can try to make
> them talk to some gursikhs in the area. i think
> they want me to be a gursikh, its just that they
> dont want to be to strict in my jeevan. They just
> want me to keep "basic" rehit and not go beyond on
> that.

Apparently, the cause I can understand from what you said is, Your parents are afraid of you to indulging into unwanted strictness that hurts other people or cause rehit ego. But, as soon as you can make them realize that the minimum rehit has to follow and there is no compromise with minimum.
1. Sukesh Ishnaan(full body ishnaan including hair)
2. 7 Bani nitname
3. 5 ks(.i.e.keski)
4. stay away from 4 Bajjar kurehits
5 Bibek diet

As soon as they realize minimum requirements, your good to go and I am sure that they don't stop you doing minimum.
Senior Gursikhs or local Sangat is best solution for that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login