ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printed or hand written larrivaar saroops?

Posted by Manmander Singh 
Wahegurrooojeekaakhalsa Wahegurrooojeekeefateh

In the post; "Printing Padchhed Bir is Maha-Manmatt: Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee", it brought a question to my mind on whether it matters if Guru Granth Sahib Ji is printed in larrivaar or hand written in larrivaar?

What is the Sangats view?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Saroops should be handwritten

The same satkaar cannot be given while printing regardless of the circumstances and who does seva

and the same pyaar, passion, utsaah, chaah, prem de teer, cannot be felt from printed saroops, that one gets from handwritten saroops.

This holds true for letter and small things as well, Guroo Sahib De Saroop te door dee gal aa.

But in this day and age, parchaar for lareevaar seems more important, due to the lack of education amongst singhs.

It's a step by step process. Once lareevaar makes a comeback. The focus can slowly be shifted to Gurbani Writing.

But I'm sure everyone agrees, handmade items and handwritten things have their own beauty and value.

When it comes to a guroo sahib saroop, a handwritten shree lareevaar saroop is a nirmolak heera, amongst nirmolak heeraas.

Vaheguroo jee
Bhaji, please see link below for a previous thread discussion.

A lost Gurmat Tradition that needs to be revived

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh !!
ਸੁਤੇ ਨਿਕਲੀਆਂ ਮੇਰੀਆਂ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਲੋਰਾਂ, ਦੇਖਿ ਸਿਥਲ ਬਲ ਸ੍ਰੀਰ ਸ਼ਕਤੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਨਿਜ ਵਜੂਦ ਦੀ ਸੁੱਧ ਨ ਸੂਝ ਰਹੀ, ਨ ਉਸਾਣ ਨਿਜ ਜਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਭੁਭਾਂ ਮਾਰ ਡਿਡਿਆਇ ਕੇ ਬਿਨੇ ਕੀਤੀ, ਪਾਇਆ ਵਾਸਤਾ ਗੁਰ ਗੰਭੀਰੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।171।

ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਦਾਸ ਤੇ ਮਿਹਰ ਹੋਵੇ, ਦੋਖ ਹਤੀਏ ਮਤਿ ਹੀਣੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਵਾਸਤ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਉਠ ਬੈਠੇ, ਡਿਠਾ ਕਮਲ ਮੁਖ ਜਲ ਨੇਤ੍ਰੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਖੁਰੜੇ ਭਿਜ ਮੇਰੇ ਤਰਾਰੇਜ਼ ਹੋ ਗਏ, ਕਰਿ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਵੈਰਾਗ ਉਦਕੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਮੇਰੇ ਵਿਚ ਕਲੇਜੜੇ ਸਾਂਗ ਫਿਰਿ ਗਈ, ਚੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਮਗ਼ਜ਼ ਝਰਨਾਟ ਗ਼ੈਬਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।172॥

ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਹੋਇ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੇ ਤੋਂ, ਕਾਰਨ ਮੂਲ ਇਸ ਪਦ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਤਿਨਾਂ ਦਸਿਆ ਨਿਮਰੀਭੂਤ ਹੋ ਕੇ, ਸਭ ਪਰਤਾਪੁ ਗੁਰ ਵਰ ਲਿੱਖਣੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੀ ਦਾਤ ਵੱਡੀ ਕਰਾਮਾਤ ਵਾਲੀ, ਵਰ ਵਡਾਣ ਏਹ ਕਲਮ ਸ਼ਕਤੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਲਿਖਣ-ਕਲਾ ਦੀ ਕਥਾ ਵਿਸਥਾਰ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ, ਧੁਰਵਾ ਹੋਰ ਬੱਝਾ ਮੂੰ ਸਿਦਕੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।173।

--------

ਰਚਨਾ ਛਡਿ ਦਿਤੀ ਲਿਖਤ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਦੀ, ਨਵਾਂ ਰਾਹੁ ਫੜਿਆ ਫੈਸ਼ਨੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਛਾਪੇ-ਖ਼ਾਨਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਭੈੜੀ ਰੀਤ ਚੱਲੀ, ਭੈੜਾ ਚਾਲੜਾ ਦੰਮ ਖਟੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਹਾਇ ਲਿਖਤ ਮਹੱਤਤਾ ਰੋੜ੍ਹ ਦਿਤੀ, ਸਿਦਕ ਤੋੜ ਕੇ ਤੱਤ ਵਣਜੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।
ਤੱਤ ਸੱਤ ਸਉਦਾ ਕੋਈ ਵਣਜਦਾ ਨਾ, ਹੋਇਆ ਵਣਜੁ ਪਰਧਾਨੁ ਦਮੜੋਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ।

Above lines are from JOT VIGAS of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji. He has clearly shown his preference for Hand Written Gurbani in the above para. But as Upkar Singh Veer Ji puts it, we need proceed step by step.

The link shown by kaur92 Bhein Ji, has translations of above poetry and detailed article on the subject by Veer Kulbir Singh Ji.
Bhai Sahib's poetry is extremely strong and the flow is just amazing. Thanks Bhai MB Singh jeeo for enabling us to read these lines again.

Kulbir Singh
As somebody said in another post a Taksaal for Writing GurbaNee is needed to preserve the tradition of Hakth Likath Saroops, Gutka Sahibs, Senchiaa etc.

Maybe a appeal should be made to SGPC & The Taksaal schools in India.

If Bhai Jasjit Singh could write a appeal and request to SGPC or Akaal Takht Sahib.
We as collectively as forum users should check it and then send it. There no harm in trying and doing bentee, I'm interested in the reply.

What do the rest of the Sangat think?
There is already a Taka Shaal open in Toronto taking care of it =)
Vista jee, I totally agree that there is a need of an institute that preserves this tradition. Though it would also be an idea to continuously promote this idea of writing larrivaar Gurbani to wider sangataa. Unfortunately this tradition seems to be only known to a few (daas only ever thought about writing Gurbani once started looking at this forum – first thing came to mind was ‘What!?!?! I am allowed to write Gurbani!!). The paap incurred by printing and in pad ched is also not known to many as im sure we know many who have printed in pad ched certain shabads to put on walls in their house.

Parchaar of this tradition needs to be put on other forums and talked about and carried out at camps albeit it was talked about at last year’s Khalsa Camp (UK). Daas feels that sometimes that on this forum certain articles are written in a certain tone which seems to be insulting those who do not do certain things for example sarbloh, larrivaar...etc. I understand why it is done as even i do not like it when our own Singhs start insulting sarbloh and importance of larrivaar. Let them criticise and make a hole for themselves, let us not get in the petty tit for tat arguments. They are mocking it to hide their own deficiencies.

The difference with western books and Sikh books, from what i have seen, is that English books explain things from scratch and let the reader decide/ make their own mind up. Majority of Sikh books (NOT ALL - Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh’s books are clearly a higher level of writing!!]) seem to be proving their point over someone elses – Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara Jees; Why kill a chicken or clearly keep talking about own hardships - Prof Uday Singh; Keski is a Kakkar not Kes and countless other books which i know turns people off the real message trying to be portrayed. If writings are more fact based rather than emotional i think it may appeal to wider sangat. (Books by Bhai Madan Singh – UK are a good example of fact based writing.)

Hand written Larrivaar Saroops will DEFINITELY be on the throne of Guruship everywhere once we all understand the importance of it in fact based writing

My 2p (im from UK not the states! LOL)

"Let them criticise and make a hole for themselves, let us not get in the petty tit for tat arguments. They are mocking it to hide their own deficiencies"

How true Veer Manmander singh. People decide to mock due to ignorance as well, where gursikhs see purtaan rehit these 'gursikhs' see dikhava. sad smiley
when writing in larivaar, do you keep writing until you hit the edge or go to the next line if the word wont fit?

when writing in larivaar, do you keep writing until you hit the edge or go to the next line if the word wont fit?

We shouldn't try our intelligence to determine if the word is complete or not. For the most part we should continue to write till the end but the Bihaari (and other Maatra) of the alphabet must stay with the alphabet. If it does not, then that alphabet should be written in the next line.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login