ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bachans of Gurmukhs

Posted by piyasi chatrik 
Bachans of Gurmukhs
March 09, 2011 09:59AM
It's a humble request to all posters to share bachans they have heard from doing sangat of Gurmukhs.

If you feel keeping the name of the gurmukh(alive) as gupt is important, then feel free to do so. But please do share so that everyone who reads can benefit and learn.smiling smiley
Bhai Kulbir Singh ji, Bhai Jasjit Singh, Singh and ALL others...share something which may benefit people like me. , ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾ ਦੇ ਬਚਨ ਭੀ ਵੰਡ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਕੋ !smiling bouncing smiley
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometime ago dass wrote about 5 bachans done to dass by a gurmukh from Bhai Sahib's time. Dass only did his sangat for 3-4 hours but it left a lot of impact on me to the extent the things he said to dass are still fresh in my mind.To be honest dass isn't worthy of writing but since its the a 2nd gursikh veer requested me to share what they were. Hence, obeying their hukam dass is writing.

1.ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂ ਬੁਰਾ ਨਾ ਕਹੋ,
ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਬੁਰਾ ਨਾ ਸੋਚੋ ,
ਗੁਪਤ ਰਹੋ,
ਨਿਮਾਣੇ ਰਹੋ,
ਨਾਮ ਤੇ ਬਾਨੀ ਦਾ ਅਭੀਯਾਸ ਕਰੋ .
Being young and unable to understand bani when dass started. Whenever chatrik lost track when he started, referring back to the bachans it helped me getting back on track again.

he also did say...
2.ਸਿਖ ਨੂ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਸਰੂਪ ਤੋ ਪਾਠ ਕਰਨਾ ਬੋਹੁਤ ਜ਼ਰੋਰੀ . ਹੋ ਸਕੇ ਤਾ ਰੋਜ਼ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹਿਦਾ ਹੈ .
-------------------------------------------------

Chota veer
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bachans of Gurmukhs
March 09, 2011 10:12AM
The following Bachan by Bhai Jagtar Singh jee never faded from my memory:

ਵੈਸੇ ਤਾਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਉਠਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਢਾਈ ਤੋਂ ਲੇਟ ਕਦੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ। - ਭਾਈ ਜਗਤਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ।
(Normally one should get up earlier but never later than 2:30am - Bhai Jagtar Singh jee Toronto)

Kulbir Singh
March 09, 2011 11:22AM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Found written in Daas's father's diary:

1) “ਕਿ ਸਾਡਾ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਦਾ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਹੈ, ਜਿਵੇਂ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਕਹਿ ਦਈਦਾ ਹੈ। ਇਹ ਗਲ ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਕਰਨੀਂ ਕੋਈ ਲਾਭਦਾਇਕ ਨਹੀਂ। ਅਜਿਹਾ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਾਂ ਉਨਾਂ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਵਡੇ ਜਾਂ ਬਿਖਮ ਰਸਤੇ ਤੇ ਚਲਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਵਾਲੇ ਲਗਣ ਲਗ ਪੈਂਦੇ ਹਾਂ, ਜਾਂ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਥੋੜਾ ਸਮਝਣ ਲਗ ਪੈਂਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਆਪਾ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਾਰੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਤੋਂ ਨੀਚ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਕਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਰਹੀਏ, ਉਨਾਂ ਉਚ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੋੜੇ ਬਰਦਾਰ ਕਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਰਹੀਏ । (ਸਭਨ ਕੀ ਰੇਣਕਾ) ਬਣ ਕੇ ਕਿਹੜੇ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਰਹੀਏ ਤਾਂ ਕੀ ਸਾਡੀ ਝੋਲੀ ਵੀ ਕੁਝ ਪੈ ਜਾਵੇ।“
- (ਇਕ ਉਚ ਆਤਮਾ)

2) “ਆਪਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਜਿਆਦਾ ਬਿਬੇਕੀ ਹਾਂ, ਕਿਧਰਲੇ ਬਿਬੇਕੀ ਹਾਂ। ਇਹ ਤਾਂ ਪਉੜੀ ਹੀ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਛੋਟੀ ਹੈ, ਚੜਨਾ ਤੇ ਸਿਖਰ ਹੈ, ਅਜੇ ਤਾਂ ਬਹੁਤ ਦੂਰ ਜਾਣਾ ਹੈ, ਅਜੇ ਪੈਰ ਹੀ ਰਖਿਆ ਹੈ। ਪਰ ਆਪਾਂ ਇੰਝ ਗਿੱਧ ਰਹੇ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਿਖਰ ਹੀ ਚੜ ਗਏ ਹਾਂ, ਆਪਾਂ ਬਾਕੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਅਉਗਣ ਨਾ ਦੇਖੀਏ ਕਿਤੇ ਪੌੜੀ ਉਤੇ ਚੜਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਪੈਰ ਹੀ ਨਾ ਫਿਸਲ ਜਾਵੇ, ਧੜੰਮ ਕਰਕੇ ਹੇਠਾਂ ਨਾ ਆ ਡਿਗੀਏ। ਖਿਆਲ ਰਖਣਾਂ ਹੈ, ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਹਿਣਾਂ ਕਿ ਉਸਦਾ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਨਹੀਂ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਨਹੀਂ, ਉਹ ਐ ਤੇ ਇੰਝ ਹੈ। ਜਿਥੇ ਆਪਾਂ ਬੈਠੇ ਹਾਂ, ਸਾਡੇ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਸਾਰੇ ਚੰਗੇ ਹਨ, ਆਪਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਪਾਪੀ ਹਾਂ, ਜਿਹੜੇ ਦੂਜਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਝਾਤੀਆ ਮਾਰ ਰਹੇ ਹਾਂ, ਆਪਣੇ ਵਲ ਦੇਖਦੇ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ। ਬਸ ਗਲ ਕੀ ਆਪਾਂ ਸੰਗਤ ਦੀ ਧੂੜ ਹੋਣਾਂ ਹੈ, ਉਥੇ ਹੀ ਸਭ ਕੁਝ ਹੈ।“
- (ਇਕ ਪਵਿਤਰ ਆਤਮਾ )

With Regards,
Daas
March 09, 2011 11:47AM
Anmol Bachan Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo.

Kulbir Singh
March 09, 2011 12:23PM
ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਵਡੀ ਸਿਵਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਾਪ!

Bhai Bharppor Singh Ji ( Canada)

The greatest seva is to do Naam Abhyiaas.

The following was told to me when I tried to wash Bhai Bharpoor Singh Jis feet before he was going
to the darbar sahib. I noticed everytime Bhai Sahib would go to the Darbar Sahib he would wash his feet
carefully putting his feet in the sink and then wiping them with his hand. Because he is a bajurag singh I thought
it would be appropriate for me to wash his feet. As I started to wash his feet without his permission he pushed me away and told me not to do that. I told him I just want to do seva and he said.

ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਵਡੀ ਸਿਵਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਾਪ!

Bhai Bharppor Singh Ji ( Canada)

I must say say BHai Sahibs push was very strong. I almost fell to the floor. Bhai Sahib is very special and
humble Singh he does not like any special treatment and expects to be treated the same as everyone.
March 09, 2011 12:43PM
Sukhdeep Singh
I must say say BHai Sahibs push was very strong. I almost fell to the floor.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ!
ਸ਼ੇਰਾਂ-ਯੋਧਿਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਜਦੋਂ ਟੱਕਰ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਆ, ਉਦੋਂ ਜ਼ਰਾ 'ਕ ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸੁੱਖਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀੳ!
March 09, 2011 01:27PM
Sukhdeep Singh Ji,

It's interesting you state that Bhai Bharpoor Singh's push had much power.

Once I dropped of Bhai Rama Singh Ji after a simran programme and the car I drove at the time had very heavy doors. When I stopped outside their residence, I parked the car on a slope and said that I'll open the door for this reason. They said no it's ok, and managed to push the door open with amazing ease. I was surprised and they smiled back when they saw the expression on my face.

The bachan that Bhai Sahib gave me and my friends another time was to always give daswandh as this was a hukam from Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They spoke very little, but when they did I had difficulty understanding them as I think they spoke Hindi :-(.
March 09, 2011 02:57PM
Thanks for sharing the wonderful story Bhai Sahib. When Bhai Bharpoor Singh Ji pushed me away he had the nicest and sweetest smile.
Bhai Jodh Singh Ji Delhi said on phone:

Jinnaa gupt rahogey unnaa changaa hai. JInna Neewaa rahogey unnaa changaa. Kionki Naam Ajjarr Wastoo hai, aam Aadmee nahi jarr sakdaa hai.
March 09, 2011 07:07PM
my dad: how are you
gursikh: just ready now - whenever akal purakh wills im ready to go

my dad: so no fear?
gursikh: life is like preparing for an exam, if one has prepared then it doesn't matter if the teacher gives a pop quiz, however if one has not prepared there are always excuses (due to the fear)
March 09, 2011 10:29PM
What an awesome post by Bhai Tarun Singh remind me that

ਜਿਸਹਿ ਸਹਾਈ ਗੋਬਿਦੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
ਤਿਸੁ ਕਉ ਜਮੁ ਨਹੀ ਆਵੈ ਨੇਰਾ ॥1॥
March 09, 2011 10:48PM
Upon the completion of the katha In 1967 at Ganganagar(Rajasthan) as apart of the parchaar (ਪਰਚਾਰ )mission. The entire jatha, went to Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee with a request (ਬੇਨਤੀ) to compose Guru Granth Sahib Jee’s full translation(ਸਟੀਕ). It was decided there that this project will be undertaken by the Jatha. Five Singhs Sant Kartar Singh Jee, Sant Parmjit Singh (ਮਾਹਲਪੁਰ), Sri Mahant Vaidh Niranjan Singh Jee (ਬੋਪਾਰਾਏ), and Bhagat Jaswant Singh (ਭਗਤ ਜੀ )along with Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee did an Ardaas(ਅਰਦਾਸ) for the composing of the steek. Sant Ji said that from the four of you not everyone will see this through in physical form. But whoever is still alive should shoulder this project.

from gursevak.com

Another gupt bachan (well not anymore since im telling everyone) of vadey mahapurkh to the 5 singhs was that when this seva is finsihed everyone in khalsa raaj will read the steek.
March 09, 2011 10:51PM
before sant baba santokh singh jee left thier sareer this past month...they told the singhs with him that a payank sama (frightning/terrible) time in the near future is coming and the singhs should jaap naam/bani as much as possible.
March 10, 2011 06:28AM
Great contribution Sangat jeo.....please those who haven't please do share!smiling smiley
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾ ਦੇ ਬਚਨ ਭੀ ਵੰਡ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਕੋ !grinning smiley

Chota veer
March 10, 2011 07:17AM
Piyasi Chatrik jio, according to Daas, I think the biggest Bachan is:

We see this Bachan everytime we visit www.GurmatBibek.com cool smiley grinning smiley
March 10, 2011 07:46AM
Jaspreet Singh
Piyasi Chatrik jio, according to Daas, I think the biggest Bachan is:

We see this Bachan everytime we visit www.GurmatBibek.com

Han jee, its true. But, my understanding is very shallow.Understanding gurbani is not easy , neither the translations can "do" the job for me, neither "grasping the understanding" is within our control. Hope am not confusing you.

Those who have experience walking the path tend to share information/advice which is highly beneficial due to their inner atamic gyan & again experience. Gurbani too says repeatedly seek their sangat and do veechar. Advice given by gurmukhs is always an extremely good aid for ones Gursikhi.

Chota veer
March 10, 2011 08:27AM
"bhai", please share bachans related to jivan, sikhi or rehat and not stories or sakhis, under this thread.
March 10, 2011 09:17AM
Bhai Jagtar Singh jee once said something along the lines that before punishing, Vaheguru takes away the gunns from the individual. So if you see yourself becoming weak in Rehit, Amritvela and Nitnem, become alert. Weakness in these areas is a sign of bad times coming.

Kulbir Singh
March 10, 2011 09:21AM
Before punishing, Vaheguru takes away the gunns from the individual. So if you see yourself becoming weak in Rehit, Amritvela and Nitnem, become alert. Weakness in these areas is a sign of bad times coming.

That is very impressive quote.
March 10, 2011 09:29AM
Bhai Sahib Kulwant Singh Ji Kaki Pind Vale gave Daas the following hukams over and over again:

1) Never miss AmritVela.
2) Daily do Siri Asa Ki Vaar and Siri Sukhmani Sahib.

Bhai Sahib jee himself is quite a Abhiyaasi GurSikh, and we can see it from Bhai Sahib's Chehraa.

VaheGuroo Ji Ka Khalsa VaheGuroo Ji Ki Fatheh!!!
March 10, 2011 09:32AM
Bhagauti
"bhai", please share bachans related to jivan, sikhi or rehat and not stories or sakhis, under this thread.

Bhagauti jio! What bhai jio ji wrote is totally in line with Gurmat. Bad times are coming for the Sikh Panth, and we should become alert. We all need to engage ourselves in tremendous amount of Naam and Baani Kamaai, as well as keeping a strong pehraa of Rehit.
Just my two cents.

VaheGuroo JI Ka KHalsa VaheGuroo Ji Ki Fatheh!!!
March 10, 2011 06:33PM
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨੁ ਝੂਠੇ ਸਗਲ ਪਾਸਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
without naam the whole world continues falsehood
Gurmukh- Bhagat Ravidas Ji

Waaheguru, how heart hitting are the verses of Bhagat Ravidas Ji in Aarti Shabad?
I cannot imagine the flow of this aarti shabad without the contribution of great Gurmukhs
like Bhagat Ravidas Ji.
Even though this shabad was sung from the beginning of Pehli Paatshahs time
Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji! For making this shabad mandatory .
Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji for giving darshan to Bhagat Ravidas Ji, without his darshan
the following pangti would not exist.
March 10, 2011 08:01PM
"Your life after getting Amrit is a treasure and what keeps the treasure safe is doing Amrit vela"
March 10, 2011 09:31PM
Bachans by Pooran Ji taken from another thread posted by Bhai Jasjit Singh Ji

੧. ਕਲਯੁੱਗ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਜਾਏ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਉਧਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ, ਇਸ ਲਈ ਹਰ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਣਾ ਬਹੁਤ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ।

੨. ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਕੋਲੋਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਜੀਅ ਦਾਨ (ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ) ਦਿਵਾਉਣਾ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਵੱਡਾ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਹੈ। ਹਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਦਾ ਫਰਜ਼ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਗਤ ਰੂਪੀ ਫੁਲਵਾੜੀ ਵਿਚ ਹੋਰ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਧਾਰੀ ਬਣਾ ਕੇ ਵਾਧਾ ਕਰੇ।

੩. ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਤੇ ਜ਼ੋਰ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਆਖਦੇ ਸਨ ਹਰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਧਾਰੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਆਪਣਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਕਰੇ। ਪਿਛਲ ਰਾਤ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ-ਬਾਣੀ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਬਣਾਈ ਹੈ। ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਸੁਰਤ ਦਾ ਮਿਲਾਪ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਦਿਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਨਾਮ ਕਮਾਈ ਵਿਚ ਵਾਧਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

“ਵਖਤੈ ਉਪਰਿ ਲੜਿ ਮਰੈ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਅਲਾਪੈ॥” (ਵਾਰ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ)

੪. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਸਨ ਕਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਕਮਾਈ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਚ ਕਦੇ ਕੋਈ ਤੋਟ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਂਦੀ।

“ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੈ ਵਤੈ ਕਾ ਬੀਜਿਆ ਭਗਤ ਖਾਇ ਖਰਚਿ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਖੁਟੈ ਨਾਹੀ॥”(ਪੰਨਾ ੭੩੪)

੫. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਆਖਦੇ ਸਨ ਕਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਨਾਮ ਇੱਕ ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ, ਇੱਕ ਦੂਜੇ ਦੀ ਚਰਨ ਰੇਣ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਜਪਣਾ ਹੈ, ਇੱਕ ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ-ਬਾਣੀ ਜਪਣ ਨਾਲ ਉੱਥੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਰੂਹਾਂ ਆਉਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਮੰਡਲ ਤੋਂ ਅਗਲੇ ਮੰਡਲ ਜਾ ਸਕੀਦਾ ਹੈ।

੬. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਆਖਦੇ ਸਨ ਕਿ ਨਿਤਨੇਮ ਦਾ ਅੱਖਰ ਅੱਖਰ ਸੁਨਣਾ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ। ਹਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਰੋਜ਼ ਨਿਤਨੇਮ ਕਰਨਾ ਤਾਂ ਬਹੁਤ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ।

੭. ਆਪਣੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣੀ ਨਾ ਪਾਲੋ। ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਕਿਸੇ ਕਾਰਨ ਵੱਸ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਨਾਲ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣੀ ਪਾਲਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸਦੇ ਭਲੇ ਲਈ ਰੋਜ਼ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰੋ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣੀ ਮੰਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਾ ਹੰਢਾਉ ਇਸ ਨਾਲ ਨਾਮ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਟਿਕਦਾ।

੮. ਸਿੱਖ ਪਰ ਧਨ ਅਤੇ ਪਰ ਤਨ ਤੋਂ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਦੂਰ ਰਹੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਸੱਚੀ-ਸੁੱਚੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਕਰ ਉਸ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਦਸਵੰਧ ਕੱਢ ਲੇਖੇ ਲਾਵੇ। ਸਿੱਖ ਦਾ ਕਿਰਤੀ ਹੋਣਾ ਬਹੁਤ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ। ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਹਿੱਤ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਆਪ ਵੀ ਇਕ ਚੰਗੀ ਸਰਕਾਰੀ ਨੋਕਰੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਕਿਰਤ ਕਰਦੇ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ।

੯. ਇੱਕ ਛੋਟੀ ਜਿਹੀ ਕਾਮਨਾ ਵੀ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਦੇ ਗੇੜ ਵਿਚ ਪਾ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਕਾਮਨਾਵਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਨਾਲ ਮਾਰਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।

੧੦. ਜਿਹਨਾਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਪੰਥਕ ਲੀਡਰ ਬਣਨ ਦੀ ਲਾਲਸਾ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਆਸ਼ੇ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨ ਹਿੱਤ ਲੂੰਬੜ ਚਾਲਾਂ ਚਲ ਕੇ ਸੰਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਮਰਾਹ ਕਰ, ਸੰਗਤ ਦੀ ਸੁਰਤੀ ਬਿਰਤੀ ਬਿਖੇਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਕਦਾ ਚਿੱਤ ਵੀ ਪੰਥਕ ਲੀਡਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸਗੋਂ ਉਹ ਨਾ-ਬਖਸ਼ਣਯੋਗ ਪਾਪਾਂ ਦੇ ਭਾਗੀ ਹੀ ਬਣਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਲਾਲਸਾ ਅਤੇ ਹਉਮੇ ਦੇ ਹਨੇਰੇ ਵਿਚ ਗ਼ਰਕ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਜਿਸ ਪੰਥ ਦੀ ਅਗਵਾਈ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਸ ਵਿਚ ਬੜੇ-ਬੜੇ ਮਹਾਂਪੁਰਖ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਗਿਆਨੀ ਵੀ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਜੋ ਦੈਵੀ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਭਰਪੂਰ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਪੰਥ ਦੋਖੀ ਅਖੌਤੀਂ ਲੀਡਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨੇਸਤੋ ਨਬੂਦ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਸਮਰੱਥਾ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹਨ। ਸੋ ਖਬਰਦਾਰ ਰਹੋ।

੧੧. ਪੰਥਕ ਸੇਵਾਵਾਂ ਲਈ ਜਦੋਂ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਸੇ ਅਹੁਦੇ ਦੀ ਪੇਸ਼ਕਸ਼ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਝਾਤੀ ਮਾਰੋ ਕਿ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਇਸ ਦੇ ਕਾਬਿਲ ਹੋ? ਅਗਰ ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਨਾਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਸੰਭਾਲੋ। ਸੇਵਾ ਸੰਭਾਲਣ ਤੋਂ ਉਪਰੰਤ ਆਪਣੇ ਰੋਜ਼ ਦੇ ਨੇਮ ਵਿਚ ਨਾਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਵਿਚ ਵਾਧਾ ਕਰੋ।

੧੨. ਹਰ ਫੈਸਲਾਂ ਲੈਣ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਅੱਗੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰ, ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਅਗਵਾਈ ਲਵੋ। ਫੈਸਲੇ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਰੋਸ਼ਨੀ ਵਿਚ ਲਵੋ। ਹਉਮੈ ਵਸ ਹੋ, ਧੜੇਬੰਦੀ ਪਾਲ ਕੇ ਅਤੇ ਪੱਖਪਾਤ ਕਰਕੇ ਲਏ ਫੈਸਲੇ ਕੌਮ ਅਤੇ ਮਨੁੱਖਤਾ ਲਈ ਹਾਨੀਕਾਰਕ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਅੰਤ ਆਪਣੇ ਲਈ ਵੀ ਘਾਤਕ ਸਿੱਧ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਆਤਮਿਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਨੂੰ ਤਹਿਸ ਨਹਿਸ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ।

੧੩. ਹਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਸਮੇਂ ਸਹਿਜ ਪਾਠ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ। ਇੱਕ ਦੀ ਸਮਾਪਤੀ ਉਪਰੰਤ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਦੂਸਰਾ ਰੱਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਖ਼ਾਲੀ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਕਰਨੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਬਾਣੀ ਪੜਨੀ ਹੀ ਪੂਰਨ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਹੈ।

੧੪. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਕੀਰਤਨੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਬਹੁਤ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਕੋਲ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀਆਂ ਹੁੰਦੀਆ ਹਨ, ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ।

੧੫. ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਪਿਆਰ ਨਾਲ ਏਕਤਾ ਵਿਚ ਰਹੋ! ਪੁਰਾਤਨ ਸਮੇਂ ਦੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਕਦੇ ਆਪਸ ਵਿਚ ਝਗੜਦੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਨ, ਸਗੋਂ ਇੱਕ ਦੀ ਗਲਤੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਿਰ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਇੱਕ ਦੂਜੇ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਡੰਡਉਤ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਫਿਰ ਗਲਵਕੜੀ ਪਾ ਕੇ ਅਭਿਆਸ (ਸਿਮਰਨ) ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਜਿਸ ਸਦਕਾ ਸਾਰੇ ਮਤ-ਭੇਦ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ।

੧੬. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਔਗੁਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਦੇਖਦੇ, ਛੋਟੇ-ਵੱਡੇ ਸਾਰਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ ਅਤੇ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਸਾਰਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਕੇਵਲ ਗੁਣ ਦੇਖਣ ਲਈ ਪ੍ਰੇਰਨਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ।

ਗੁਣਾ ਕਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਵਾਸੁਲਾ ਕਢਿ ਵਾਸੁ ਲਈਜੈ ॥
ਜੇ ਗੁਣ ਹੋਵਨ੍‍ ਸਾਜਨਾ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਝ ਕਰੀਜੈ ॥
ਸਾਝ ਕਰੀਜੈ ਗੁਣਹ ਕੇਰੀ ਛੋਡਿ ਅਵਗਣ ਚਲੀਐ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੭੬੫)

੧੭. ਹਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਕਟ ਵੇਲੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਹੀ ਓਟ ਆਸਰਾ ਤੱਕਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਪੂਰਨ ਮਰਿਯਾਦਾ, ਭੈ-ਭਾਵਨੀ ਨਾਲ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਬਖਸ਼ਿਸ਼ਾਂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦੀਆ ਹਨ।

੧੮. ਆਪਣੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰਦੇ ਫਿਰਦੇ ਇੱਕ ਪੈਰ ਚੁੱਕਣ ਤੇ “ਵਾਹ” ਤੇ ਦੂਜਾ ਪੈਰ ਚੁੱਕਣ ਤੇ “ਗੁਰੂ” ਆਖੋ।

੧੯. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਆਖਦੇ ਸਨ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਆਪਣੇ ਲਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਦੂਜਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਲਈ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ।

I think the advice in bold is most appropriate to practice when posting on this forum. Hopefully I can follow this advice.
March 11, 2011 11:52AM
"A true Sikh is dependent on the Almighty God and not on any other human being. He follows His conscience and weighs what he is about to do in life against the touchstones of Gurbani and Khalsa rehet."
- Gupt Bibi Ji from California
That's an inspirational quote, Sukhdeep Singh.
March 20, 2011 06:39AM
The following bachan is from Bhai Jarnail Singh (UK)

- Before changing anyone else, change your self - so when people look at you they want to be like you; that's the real parchar

- Saas naa birtaah jaye
March 22, 2011 11:24PM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji kee fateh !!

Bhai sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh ji khalsa ji(khanne wale) once said in his katha "jado hindustan ,pakistan baniya c...bahut sare log idhar udhar ho gaye te navi jagah te gaye...unha de ghar/makaan/dukaana te naal nahi gayi-aan par jehda doctor c....us di kabiliyat(skills) nu koi nahi khoh sakiya ..jo doctor c,auh doctor hi raheya...jo sahukaar c,auh sahukaar hi raheya.... isi tarah,jado asi etho jaana hai(same way,when we will depart from this world)-... sadiyaan dukaana(shops) naal nahi jania...sade makaan naal nahi jaane, sade shareer naal nahi jaane... PAR
JEY APNI AATMA BACHA KE LEY GAYE, TE; IS AATMA TE CHAREYA HOYA NAAM DA RANG JAROOR NAAL JAYEGA.....

Daas must apologies for not remembering the exact words/spelling by Bhai Sahib but hope that sangat will understand and grab the pearls..

Daas
April 10, 2011 05:18PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh this post has helped in increasing my nitnem thank you soo soo much may guru ji always shower his kirpa on you guys i want to share a bachan by giani sant singh ji maskin
gurmukh rooh once said sangat to do mool mantar for 15 mins thn naam abhiyaas this will give you more ras and you will be able to understand gurbani easily and i have experienced that
April 13, 2011 08:23AM
"Freedom from slavery is achieved only when a person starts to feel and understand that he would prefer death to life as a slave."

"...For the Sikh faith I am ready to sacrifice everything I have... For the safeguard and protection of the Sikh religion we must all be united... I can die but I cannot see the desecration of my religion."

" We wish every religion to grow and flourish but we will not tolerate attacks on Sikhi designed to terminate it "

"We have no enmity with Hindus or with a person of any other faith"

" We are in favour of unity if it does not result in Sikhs being treated as second-class Citizens " "We are true Sikhs and Sikhs do not believe in killing"

"Even if it results in my body being cut to small pieces I shall still fight against injustice "

"Please come under the fold of Satguru (the one and only True God), take Amrit read the Bani (Scriptures) and talk among yourselves of the Panth and of the Kesari Nishan Sahib (the Sikh flag) and of your true leader the Guru Granth Sahib Ji .....and when the time comes for confrontation don't kill the poor, don't molest the women and don't trouble the old, but don 't spare anyone who insults Guru Ji!"

........Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa, Bhindrawale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login