ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bachans of Gurmukhs

Posted by piyasi chatrik 
Re: Bachans of Gurmukhs
April 13, 2011 09:19AM
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਤੇ ਅਰਥ ਸਮਝਣੇ ਤਾਂ ਦਰਕਿਨਾਰ, ਬੁਜ਼ਦਿਲ ਆਦਮੀ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸੁਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ. ਇਹ ਕਾਇਰਾਂ ਦਾ' ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ
Sant Jarnail Singh Ji

Listening to meanings of Sri Dasam Granth some get scared; the weak hearted ( sheep) cannot listen to this bani.
This Granth is not for the weak-hearted.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
April 13, 2011 07:04PM
Here is the full quote.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਤੇ ਅਰਥ ਸਮਝਣੇ ਤਾਂ ਦਰਕਿਨਾਰ, ਬੁਜ਼ਦਿਲ ਆਦਮੀ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸੁਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ. ਇਹ ਕਾਇਰਾਂ ਦਾ' ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ. ਇਸ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੇ ਇਕ ਇਕ ਅੰਗ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹਾਥੀਆਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਚਿੰਗਾਰਾਂ, ਕਿਰਪਾਨਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਟੁਣਕਾਰਾਂ, ਤੇ ਘੋੜਿਆਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਰਕਾਬਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਅਵਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਸੁਣਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ।"
-ਸੰਤ ਜਰਨੈਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਭਿੰਡਰਾਂਵਾਲੇ
Vaheguroo Jee I'm new to this forum, but love all the inspirational posts here and wanted to bump this topic back up so there can be more Bachans from Gurmukhs being shared. One of the bachans that always stays with me is from the Panj Pyare who granted me Amrit. They said,

"Whenever you go in the hazoori of Guroo Saahib and do matha tek to them, always think of Guroo Saahib Jee being partakh, and that their feets are touching your masathak then you will feel the pyaar and real anand of taking matha to Guroo Saahib." smiling smiley

This bachan always stays with me, since before being given Amrit I was one of the people who went and just took matha to Guroo Saahib and never realized the importance..Vaheguroo _/\_
Thanks for sharing Bhenji. This is real good advice.
May 09, 2011 07:36AM
piyasi chatrik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Piyasi Chatrik jio, according to Daas, I think
> the biggest Bachan is:
>
> ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਊ> ?ਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
>
> We see this Bachan everytime we visit
> www.GurmatBibek.com
>
>
> Han jee, its true. But, my understanding is very
> shallow.Understanding gurbani is not easy ,
> neither the translations can "do" the job for me,
> neither "grasping the understanding" is within our
> control. Hope am not confusing you.
>
> Those who have experience walking the path tend to
> share information/advice which is highly
> beneficial due to their inner atamic gyan & again
> experience. Gurbani too says repeatedly seek their
> sangat and do veechar. Advice given by gurmukhs is
> always an extremely good aid for ones Gursikhi.

In Bhai Sahib's book Amrit Ki Hai, Bhai Kartar Singh's talks about Bhai Sahib's take on understanding gurbani:

"Although the Scriptures, which are mostly in the Punjabi language, were generally understood by most people, he (Bhai Sahib) avoided getting into linguistic discussion. To those who asked for the meaning of some hymns he would say, "Brother, I do not know the meaning of those hymns; but if you have understood them please explain them to me". I am not a certified preacher (Gyani). I have not studied the sacred scriptures in school and college. How comes it, that you are so worried about interpretations? Are you taking up a preacher's profession? Recite the scriptures and contemplate the divine Name and the inner meaning will unfold itself."
My Nani Ji once told me that Baba ISher Singh Ji ( Rara Sahib) use
to tell sangat to never go in Darbar Sahib empty handed.
Which is in accordance to the following Maryada

ਸੰਗਤ ਮੈਂ ਖਾਲੀ ਜਾਵੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਸੁਨੇ ਸੁਨਾਵੈ

- BHai Daya Singh Ji

I think going empty is not only referring to physical gifts, or performing seva but most all
going to the Darabar Sahib with the mentality its time to perform some hard spiritual work
which is is the true seva ( Naam Abhyiaas).

We should always go to Darbar Sashib with the mentality that we
are offering some seva to the sangat. Whether it is Kirtan Seva, Chaur Seva, dEg seva, and most of
all Naam Seva. Anand comes to sangat when each member does its duty of Naam Abhyiaas. Sadh Sangat is the saroop
of SatGuru Nanak Dev Ji and those who do seva ( gupt naam abhyiaas) with loving devotion in his presence are bound to receive everlasting peace.

ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਸਦ ਹੋਈ ॥
May 09, 2011 05:51PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!

Beautiful posts indeed -- if i could just add one.

When Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee was around my house in the late 1980's after naam abyihaas- nitnem Bhai Sahib asked me to drop him at the local Gurdwara --..As I was about to drop I was thinking about all the other Gursikhs who had gone for kat nap or elswhere after nitnem and none had come to the Gurdwara with us, Bhai Sahib Jee utterred to me you may as well do Matha tek before you go too? -- It was as if Bhai Sahib knew what was in my heart. - I feel this is relevant even today as it was then but alas !!!! still not many Gursikhs go to their local Gurdwara after nitnem especially in my town- I see more mona's at 6:00 am then Gursikhs at the Gurdwara and this is not a lie...
ns Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!
>
> Beautiful posts indeed -- if i could just add
> one.
- I feel this is relevant even
> today as it was then but alas !!!! still not many
> Gursikhs go to their local Gurdwara after nitnem
> especially in my town- I see more mona's at 6:00
> am then Gursikhs at the Gurdwara and this is not a
> lie...

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਮੋਹਿ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਰਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕਾ ਚੇਰਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਪ੍ਰਾਤਹਕਾਲ ਲਾਗਉ ਜਨ ਚਰਨੀ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਦਰਸੁ ਪਾਵਉ ॥

O treasure of kindness, O Merciful Lord, please make me the slave of your Saints. ||Pause||
In the early hours of the morning, I fall at the feet of Your humble servants; night and day, I obtain the Blessed Vision of their Darshan.

Those Gusikhs who live close to a Gurdwara Sahib are lucky indeed. Going to Gurdwara Sahib
during Amrit Vela or in early morning is a booster in keeping mind detached from Maya.

ਜੋ ਭੂਲੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰ ਥਾਓਂ ਨਾ ਪਾਇਆ,ਮਾਯਾ ਮੋਹ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਮੂੜ੍ ਲਪਟਾਇਆ

If one forgets to go to the Gurdwara Sahib then these fools stay engrossed in Maya.

ਪ੍ਰਾਤਹ ਕਾਲ ਸਤਿਸੰਗ ਨ ਜਾਵਹਿ । ਤਨਖਾਹਦਾਰ ਵਹ ਵਡਾ ਕਹਾਵਹਿ
Bhai Nand Lal Rehatnama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login