ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bujjer kurehti's

Posted by Mann Chaao 
bujjer kurehti's
November 27, 2010 09:11AM
If somebody has committed a bujjer kureht and is sincerely trying to get back on track and is deeply sorry for what he/she has done. In the way of their preparation for peshi, is it better to just concentrate on reading as much Gurbani as possible putting naamsimran aside for the meanwhile, or carry on with both Gurbani recitation aswell as naamsimran. The reason for this query is that I have been told by some that the hand of Guru sahib is lifted off your head and any naam jap is not valid unless you are full amritdhari.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: bujjer kurehti's
November 27, 2010 02:42PM
let's see......was ganika amritdari? yet when she recited raam raam with the help of a parrot that was given to her by a saint, she was saved......waheguru's name recited wherever whenever however will always save the soul....i feel strongly about this and i don't think any other validation from anyone else counts.
November 27, 2010 03:03PM
because if it weren't true then one wouldn't feel cleansed after hearing/reciting the Lords name, even after having committed bujjer kurehats, God's name is so powerful and so it is automatic that it's going to be effective no matter when... To what amount you might/might not feel love for Gods name depends on your deeds, ie. if your deeds were so bad and that in turn caused your soul/mind/heart to harden much, possibly you might not enjoy/concentrate on God as much..but look back into history, people did paaps and yet when they finally came to God, they were saved.

if you want God to save you through your life and after....engage in good deeds, selfless service and feel humble not arrogant after having done them. Do them out of the fear of the Lord, He will see that and bless you. Remember, that God is forgiveness, so be sincere in your worship to Him and leave the rest up to Him.
November 27, 2010 04:35PM
Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

My friend, Guruji is very kind and forgiving. Remember our stay here is to learn from our mistakes. I am sure by now that whatever mistake you have committed you are sorry for and probaly will not do again. This is what our Father wants from us is to learn from our mistakes and move on. First do ardass to Guruji and sincerly ask for forgiveness. Then try to get back to your normal routine (doing paath, seva etc). If you have committed a kurehit then definetly go for pesh. But there is one thing you can do in the meantime and it is to do extra paaths to ask for forgiveness. It could mean doing 1 Sehaj paath, or 125 Japji Sahib Paaths, or cleaning Sangat shoes for 25 days, whatever you feel you have to do to ask for forgiveness. BUT, you still have to go for pesh, this method will not substitute for pesh, depending on the severity of the mistake. But this method will show Guruji that you are truly sorry and want to correct things on your end and you are making some effort.

We are human and we will make mistakes. But there are a few things we can do to prevent the mistakes from happening again and again:

(1). Don't stop your routine of Nitnem

(2). Read/listen as much Sri Sukhmani Paath as you can - the power of this bani is amazing it really does protect us from falling into Maya's trap.
If you can do at least 2 per day - this will help

(3). Visit the Gurdwara every day (preferably in the morning before you start your work/school day) and sit in Sadh Sangat as much as you can hearing paath, kirtan, katha etc.

(4). Stay in contact with a Chardikala Gursikh - they will guide you and help you in these situations. Also their ardaas works wonders!

(5). Do Sewa, hear Katha, do more paath - don't waste your time thinking about negative thoughts.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.
November 27, 2010 07:28PM
a small request and suggestion from this kookar

jeeo, once a bajjar kurehit is done
a lot of people, your friends, your gursikh sangat might think lowly about you
gursikhs might even stop talking to you and tell other gursikhs to do the same

this can really leave an individual feeling low and outcasted

keep one thing in mind, your objective right now is to get into guroo sahib's good books again
not other humans
so focus on that, there are many, including myself that try to impress people

IMPRESS GUROO SAHIB
show HIM that you're sorry
make him forgive you
this means doing what is suggested above in the posts and of course going for pesh
there is no other choice in this case

when guroo sahib jee feels ur ready, he will automatically get people to understand ur "Sudhaar" (change)
and the gursikhs will call u with love again and will ask u to be in their sangat

i'm sure you're already aware of this
but i thought i'd suggest it, because it is difficult to impress guroo sahib and its easier to impress people and make them like u. Your mind will tempt you to impress others.

i'm sure you'd agree with the above statement

bhul chuk de muaafee jee

vaheguroojeekaakhalsaa vaheguroojeekeefatheh
daas
November 27, 2010 07:29PM
There is no restriction on doing Naam Abhyaas for a Bajjar Kurehiti person. A person who realizes his or her mistake of Bajjar Kurehit and wants to get Pesh, is a fortunate person because recognition of problem or mistake is the first step towards fixing it. Such person should get pesh at first opportunity and in the meantime indulge in as much Gurbani Paath and Naam Abhyaas as possible.

Yes, a person who has never become Amritdhari but is getting interested, should indulge in Gurbani Paath. How can such person who has not received Naam from Guru Sahib, chant Naam? The whole purpose of becoming Amritdhari is to receive Naam from Guru Sahib. If a person already feels he or she can chant Naam, then what's the point in getting pesh at the Darbar of Punj Pyare to receive Naam and Amrit?

Kulbir Singh
November 28, 2010 09:59AM
Thank you for all your comments of encouragement, all of you piaaray seem to be so wise and dedicated to Gursikhi jeevan and the love that you sajjans have for Guru sSahib is so inspiring. I only hope that I too can improve my jeevan and live a pious and solid jeevan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login