ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jooth

Posted by piyasi chatrik 
Jooth
September 26, 2010 10:11AM
vahiguroo ji,
Is it allowed for gursikhs to take each others Jooth? e.g. eating from same bata or when a gursikh has taken a drink from a cup, then it is passed to dass to partake water.

Also, it is an accepted fact that a Singh & Singhni(couple) can take each others jooth. But,does it extend to their children?

Yes, course it's not allowed to take jooth of a non-Guru Ka Sikh. Would be great if gursikhs can clarifysmiling smiley

Chota veer
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Jooth
September 26, 2010 11:44AM
Bhai Sahib has written that Gurmukhs of Sam-Rehit (equal Rehit) can eat together. Giani Dalip Singh, who was a Rangla Sajjan of Bhai Sahib's time has said that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee and Bhai Arur Singh jee many times used to eat in the same Baata. There is no concept of jooth between Gurmukhs of same Rehit. This is also evident from the fact that after Amrit Sinchaar, Degh is not distributed to individuals on their palms but all new Amritdharis eat from the same Baata. Also at the end of Amrit Sinchaar, Amrit is administered to each Abhilaakhi in the same Baata.

The same concept extends to Gurmukh couples who are always of Sam-rehit (same Rehit) and as thus there is no jooth between them. The children too are Gurmukhs, provided they too are of same Rehit i.e. keep Rehit. Since small kids can't keep full Rehit, therefore, it is not advisable to become Abhed with them. Once they grow a little older i.e. when they can keep Rehit on their own, then they get pesh to become Saavdhaan and thereon, they can become Abhed with the whole Gurmukh family.

Daas
Kulbir Singh
September 26, 2010 02:34PM
"Degh is not distributed to individuals on their palms but all new Amritdharis eat from the same Baata. "

Can you clarify what you mean Bhai Sahib jee?

Isn't Degh distributed into people's hand during Amrit Sanchaar? How else would they receive it?

Thanks
September 26, 2010 02:51PM

"Degh is not distributed to individuals on their palms but all new Amritdharis eat from the same Baata. "
Can you clarify what you mean Bhai Sahib jee?
Isn't Degh distributed into people's hand during Amrit Sanchaar? How else would they receive it?

As this Daas has seen, Degh is placed in Baatay and given to groups of 4-5 Gurmukhs who take their Gaffa from the Baatay themselves.

Kulbir Singh
September 26, 2010 03:46PM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATH

"Bhai Sahib has written that Gurmukhs of Sam-Rehit (equal Rehit) can eat together. " - So Sikhs from two different Jathebandis are not allowed to share from the same bowl due to the minor differences in Rehat?

confused smiley
September 26, 2010 08:03PM
ms514, it's not really "differences" in rehit... Guru Sahib's rehit is only one, doesn't matter what jathebandhi you belong to. It's how much is missing in one's rehit that is the issue here. If I'm dhilliee how can I expect someone with strict rehit to eat my jooth... and bring them down a level too?

At least that's mmyy understanding....
September 27, 2010 08:24AM

Guru Sahib's rehit is only one, doesn't matter what jathebandhi you belong to. It's how much is missing in one's rehit that is the issue here. If I'm dhilliee how can I expect someone with strict rehit to eat my jooth... and bring them down a level too?

At least that's mmyy understanding....

different jathebandian have so-called different "rehits" according to the understanding of their founders and their avastha.
But we know for sure what Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Ji has written is pure Gurmat. And if he allowed something that we may see gross, then we shudnt ahve a problem with it.

wjkk wjkf
September 27, 2010 09:48AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

"different jathebandian have so-called different "rehits" according to the understanding of their founders and their avastha.
But we know for sure what Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Ji has written is pure Gurmat."

This statement implies that other Gursikhs and the Rehat they followed who were of different Jathebandis are of some sort of lower avastha. Be wary that such a comment implies that Sikhs such as Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Ji, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji, Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji Mastuana, Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Kalerann, Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib, Sant Baba Jwala Singh Ji Harkhowal and many others are of a lower avastha.

"This is also evident from the fact that after Amrit Sinchaar, Degh is not distributed to individuals on their palms but all new Amritdharis eat from the same Baata. Also at the end of Amrit Sinchaar, Amrit is administered to each Abhilaakhi in the same Baata."

daas has seen Degh being distributed to the new Khalsa AND at the end, left in a bowl for the new Khalsa to partake of from the same bowl. Perhaps daas was hallucinating...or perhaps the Punj Pyare Guru Saroop play out their play with various variations to the tune of whatever Akaal Purakh wills.

"If I'm dhilliee how can I expect someone with strict rehit to eat my jooth... and bring them down a level too?" - While I understand the point, this is being brought up in the name of the KHALSA PANTH. Guru Sahib created only the Khalsa Panth, not Jathebandis and divisions. Such divisions have occured, and the point was made to illustrate that if Gursikhs from two different Jathebandis have a difference in Rehat (Kes vs. Keski, Ragmaala, whatever) but remain ardent in the Rehat's practice, they would not be able to eat from the same food serving dish. If this is not correct, please provide a revision of the statement to clarify it, as in its current state, it is discriminating between Sikhs - something that is the anti-thesis of what every Gursikh is told at an Amrit Sanchar - that we are to abandon our previous divisions and be the ONE KHALSA PANTH.

Sorry, this moorakh sees only the Khalsa Panth and its member Gursikhs. I doubt there is an "AKJ" spot, a "Taksali" spot, a "Nihung" spot and ________ spot (fill in with whatever Jathebandi) in Sachkhand. Then there are statements that are made that imply that other Jathebandis or Mahapurakhs were somehow of a lower avastha to Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh, which reek of insult and non-truth - otherwise, why would Bhai Sahib himself do Sangat of such Gursikhs?

This idiot does hope that one day, there is ONE PANTH, ONE KHALSA and EQUAL PYAAR for everyone. Because right now, some of the statements made by many Gursikhs, though they may be well intentioned, stab like a knife in any effort to achieve any unity. Imagine a Sikh from another Jathebandi reading this post or any other like it. Imagine that someone starts to say that So and So Mahapurakh spoke only of pure Gurmat and the others (which would imply Bhai Sahib) just made Rehats per their avastha and understanding. That very statement implies that Sikhs with the Rehat preached in another Jathebandi are somehow LESS of a Sikh than the one being claimed to be following true Gurmat.

May Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Mata Sahib Kaur PLEASE PLEASE bring their children together and teach them to love and accept each other. Lest be become as the Christians have with an infinite number of denominations.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.