ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rash from Sarbloh Kara

Posted by DarbarDaKookar 
Rash from Sarbloh Kara
April 06, 2016 11:44AM
Sangat Jio, I wear a Sarbloh Kara and it gives me a rash on my arm. Does anyone know why this is and what can be done to prevent it?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Maybe the Kara needs to be thoroughly cleaned and dried.

Preetam Singh
What would be the best way to clean the Kara?
You can use normal dish washing soap and use a steel gauge and maybe some citric acid or lemon juice.

After washing the Kara make sure you dry it with a towel and then wear it. That might help with your problem.

Preetam Singh
Thank you Ji
Re: Rash from Sarbloh Kara
April 06, 2016 12:56PM
Is it new one or old one. Where did you bought it from. Post the picture if possible. Maybe the inner rim is not Lathe properly.
I have always had a problem with Sarbloh Karay, whether old or new. I can't post a picture right now but I will if I get a chance. Something has to be done to the inner rim?

Here is a picture of a Kara I have.
April 07, 2016 12:05PM
Waheguru Jio,
My daughter had same issue with non sarbloh kara. Rash started on where kara was and spread to almost entire side of body where kara is worn.
Doctors diagnosed as incurable rash, asthma,etc, but a Singhni in Toronto advised to just apply lots of petroleum jelly on clean skin, and her rash is all healed.
Stress causes rash too.

bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Jio
Veerji I looked that the picture that you posted and the Kara looks very dark. I am not sure why this is. Maybe it is not purely Iron and has some other metals mixed in which would explain your rash.

You should try to get a Kara made of high quality Sarbloh.

Preetam Singh
Where can I get a Kara of high quality Sarbloh in Toronto? I got this one from Sacha Sauda.
April 07, 2016 03:47PM
I don't know why but I can't see the picture. But there is Sikh Virasat too where you can try. Also try to putting oil on the arm, that might help a bit.
Bhenji if you right click on the icon and open it in a new window the picture will show up. What kind of oil would be good?
April 08, 2016 07:39AM
Not sure if the picture was taken in Dim light. But the Sarbloh luster does not seems to appear on Kara. The inner rim also appears to be little uneven.

Maybe you can borrow a Sarbloh Kara from someone in your locality if anyone has a spare one. Wear it for a week and see how it goes then you can buy similar one.

You may clean Kara with any dish liquid wash with an iron wool scrubber. Dry and then apply 3-4 drops of Mustard Oil on the Kara and rub all over it.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
The picture was taken in a room with dim light so that may be why it appears dark. I'll try cleaning it and see what happens. Thank you all so much.
April 09, 2016 10:20AM
When u wash ur hands and the kara gets wet and stays wet close to ur skin, then usually one gets a rash. So always dry ur kara after it gets wet, like after washing hands when drying hands also dry kara. Mostly rash develops when we sleep and kara gets stuck on arm, so make sure its dry when u go to sleep. You can put baby oil on kara after drying it at night too.
Preetam Singh
You can use normal dish washing soap and use a steel gauge and maybe some citric acid or lemon juice.

After washing the Kara make sure you dry it with a towel and then wear it. That might help with your problem.

Preetam Singh

I tried this and I noticed that the rash and irritation stopped once the Kara was cleaned. I'm also noticing that as the Kara starts to rust then the irritation starts again so it is important to keep the Kara clean always. I would recommend this method to anyone else who may have problems with Sarbloh Karay.
It's great to hear that your problem has been solved.

We should never doubt Guru Sahib's Rehit. Sarbloh Karay can never be a cause of any ailment. Rehit can never be harmful to us.

Preetam Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login