ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio

Posted by ks 
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio
June 11, 2015 10:21AM
Sat Sri Akal very beloved Gurmukh Jio_/\_
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio has not posted, or responded in this forum, like he used to, especially during school vacation in USA.
Is he doing alright ji?
Also, what do any of you know of Brahma Kumari meditation, and videos ji?
A beautiful Singhni with a beautiful voice, who taught my daughter keertan, at Buffalo, Main St Gurdwara, informed me about the Brahma Kumari meditation she attended to release herself of negative energy, as I am also in dire need of, as my burey karam has greatly affected my bethi to totally drown in 5 vices, from the pure Amrit she was...
bhul chuk muaf_/\_
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio
June 11, 2015 01:04PM
The Singhni mentioned in my original post attended the New York City class, and for now, I am trying to purge my negativity through Brahma Kumari many videos, available on YouTube ji_/\_

[m.youtube.com]
June 12, 2015 12:33PM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

He is alive and well.

If you don't mind me asking (and I have no issue with any other paths of religion or meditation), but is meditation on Gurmat Naam (Gurmantar), Mool Mantar and/or recitation with contemplation of Gurbani not able to get rid of negative energy?
June 12, 2015 06:39PM
Beloved Guru Pyareo ms514 jio,
Thank-you for update on Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio. Unusual that he has not posted anything despite being alive, and well ji_/\_.
With regards to relying only on Gurbani, I agree, and apologize jio_/\_
I have seen some presentation of Brahm kumaris. What i got is summarized. They do not believe in akal purakh whose attributes are given in mool mantra. They have theoretical knowledge for lecturing on meditation.
June 12, 2015 11:16PM
Yes of course naam/bani is the most powerful tool to get rid of all negativity.
However there is one problem, naam abhiaas must be done with concentration. Then what is the gurmat way of concentrating on naam/gurbani?
Answer: Chant with your mouth and at the same time listen carefully to the sound of your own voice.

The above is easier said then done.

Bhenji try to do the above, however difficult it may be, and you will gain much more then just destroying negativity,
Other meditations are easier that's why they bring about a minor level of peace of mind. However time is wasted in pursuing other meditations. Once we learn to listen to Naam then we will get a much high level peace of mind and many more joys beyond our imagination.

Remember concentrating on Naam is meant to be difficult in the beggning, it is like licking a tasteless stone. It can get very boring. However the gursikh never gives up. He has the hope that one day Guru Sahib will take pity and give the concentration.

To emphasize further the only real concentration comes from listening very carefully to our own voice while chanting Naam. Must NOT imagine photos or letters in the mind or any other visualisations.

Listen listen listen!
There are various levels at which on has to work. If one is too distracted/confused/agitated/depressed then one cannot concentrate on naam and baani. Some gentle and soothing physical exercise helps a lot in this situation. I find simple movement to individually warm up all the body parts as most helpful to release negative agitation on the mind and calm it.

- Start by gently rotating the wrists (about 10-15 on each side)
- open and clench the fists for working the forearms.
- curls for working the biceps.
- Triceps- lift your elbow up alongside the ears and then lift the forearms up and down
- Shoulders- Arm Rotations forward and backwards
- Pectorals - Swinging of arms horizontally in front across the chest and opening up wide towards the back.
- Neck -gentle rotations both sides
- up and lower spine- Gentle side bending (be careful not to over stretch!), gentle rotations at the waist, twisting sideways both sides.
- Hamstrings and back thighs - Gentle forward bending
-Inner thighs -Gentle stretching forward by placing each leg on a stool about a 2 feet high at a sideways angle. You should feel the stretch in the inner thigh.
-Front thighs - Holding the heel and touching the back of the thighs.
-calves - rasing on heels. Also sitting in vajrasana for al long as you can, stopping the blood flow and then letting it rush back after a few minutes. This works like a sponge cleaning action.
- ankles- Gentle rotation both ways.

Once you have completed the cycle do it at least once again to warm up properly. This should be enough to feel relaxed. If not then now is a good time to perform some more gentle exercise which you are familiar with. If you are above 30 and have not indulged in sports for long you should avoid exercise like running. It shall damage your joints.
June 13, 2015 11:14AM
Beloved Gurmukh Pyareo,
Thank-you so very much for the much needed correct breathing, and concentration with barosa on Vahiguroo Naam, Vivek Jio_/\_
Thank-you so very much for the information on Brahma Kumari meditation ideology Inder Singh Jio_/\_
Thank-you so very much for the relaxing exercise tips Eyesacademc Jio_/\_
Vahiguroo
Naam is Daroo i.e. Medicine. It doesn't matter what you think or where your mind was when medicine is taken, it shows it's effect regardless. However, important thing is to take strict 'precautions and regularity' to have the full effect of medicine.

If your negativity (chintaa rog) is not going away then it tells two things:

A - Not taking medicine, that is not doing Naam Abyiaas especially at Amritvela.

B - If you are taking medicine properly but not taking any precautions then still there would be no good results. That is if you are not keeping Rehats strictly then you loose kamaiyee. If you loose Kamaiyee five Mahabalees rises again.

One should check his/her mind, there will be A or B or both A & B reasons that you carry negativity despite the fact that you are an Amritdhari and received Gurmat Naam.
June 14, 2015 01:46PM
Beloved Gurmukh Jio Bhai Jasjit Singh,
thank-you for the feedback, and I failed to adhere to advise by Punj Pyare to live amongst Gursikhs, and blessed day Gursikhs to attend night smagam.
instead, I returned to where no Gursikhs, no Gurdwara, just so could be as close to daughter ji_/\_, and thus, unable to maintain rehit, and Amritvela DAILY ji_/\_
June 14, 2015 04:12PM
Sat Sri Akal Pyareo Paviter Gurmukh Jio,
Vaho Vaho Granth Sahib Jio atey Punj Pyare has very valid reasons for advise to be amongst Gursikh, daily darshan of Guru Granth Sahib Jio, because Gurbani atey Naam Drir Jorr in Brampton, even as I slept in non Gursikh sister friend home a month before taking Amrit ji_/\_
June 15, 2015 04:31AM
Negative is label sister gave me Gurmukh Pyareo,
a African American man told me I say it like it is...

ਹਰਿ ਪੜੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਬੁਝੀਐ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਨਾਮਿ ਉਧਾਰਾ ॥

हरि पड़ीऐ हरि बुझीऐ गुरमती नामि उधारा ॥

Har paṛī▫ai har bujẖī▫ai gurmaṯī nām uḏẖārā.

Study the Lord's Name, and understand the Lord's Name; follow the Guru's Teachings, and through the Naam, you shall be saved.

ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਪੂਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਹੈ ਪੂਰੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਬੀਚਾਰਾ ॥

गुरि पूरै पूरी मति है पूरै सबदि बीचारा ॥

Gur pūrai pūrī maṯ hai pūrai sabaḏ bīcẖārā.

Perfect are the Teachings of the Perfect Guru; contemplate the Perfect Word of the Shabad.

ਅਠਸਠਿ ਤੀਰਥ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਕਾਟਣਹਾਰਾ ॥੨॥

अठसठि तीरथ हरि नामु है किलविख काटणहारा ॥२॥

Aṯẖsaṯẖ ṯirath har nām hai kilvikẖ kātaṇhārā. ||2||

The Lord's Name is the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, and the Eradicator of sins. ||2||

ਜਲੁ ਬਿਲੋਵੈ ਜਲੁ ਮਥੈ ਤਤੁ ਲੋੜੈ ਅੰਧੁ ਅਗਿਆਨਾ ॥

जलु बिलोवै जलु मथै ततु लोड़ै अंधु अगिआना ॥

Jal bilovai jal mathai ṯaṯ loṛai anḏẖ agi▫ānā.

The blind ignorant mortal stirs the water and churns the water, wishing to obtain butter.

ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਦਧਿ ਮਥੀਐ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨਾ ॥

गुरमती दधि मथीऐ अम्रितु पाईऐ नामु निधाना ॥

Gurmaṯī ḏaḏẖ mathī▫ai amriṯ pā▫ī▫ai nām niḏẖānā.

Following the Guru's Teachings, one churns the cream, and the treasure of the Ambrosial Naam is obtained.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਤਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਪਸੂ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਨਾ ॥੩॥

मनमुख ततु न जाणनी पसू माहि समाना ॥३॥

Manmukẖ ṯaṯ na jāṇnī pasū māhi samānā. ||3||

The self-willed manmukh is a beast; he does not know the essence of reality that is contained within himself. ||3||

ਹਉਮੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਰੀ ਮਰੁ ਮਰਿ ਜੰਮੈ ਵਾਰੋ ਵਾਰ ॥

हउमै मेरा मरी मरु मरि जमै वारो वार ॥

Ha▫umai merā marī mar mar jammai vāro vār.

Dying in egotism and self-conceit, one dies, and dies again, only to be reincarnated over and over again.

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦੇ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ਫਿਰਿ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਦੂਜੀ ਵਾਰ ॥

गुर कै सबदे जे मरै फिरि मरै न दूजी वार ॥

Gur kai sabḏe je marai fir marai na ḏūjī vār.

But when he dies in the Word of the Guru's Shabad, then he does not die, ever again.

ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਸਭਿ ਕੁਲ ਉਧਾਰਣਹਾਰ ॥੪॥

गुरमती जगजीवनु मनि वसै सभि कुल उधारणहार ॥४॥

Gurmaṯī jagjīvan man vasai sabẖ kul uḏẖāraṇhār. ||4||

When he follows the Guru's Teachings, and enshrines the Lord, the Life of the World, within his mind, he redeems all his generations. ||4||

ਸਚਾ ਵਖਰੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਸਚਾ ਵਾਪਾਰਾ ॥

सचा वखरु नामु है सचा वापारा ॥

Sacẖā vakẖar nām hai sacẖā vāpārā.

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the true object, the true commodity.

ਲਾਹਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ॥

लाहा नामु संसारि है गुरमती वीचारा ॥

Lāhā nām sansār hai gurmaṯī vīcẖārā.

The Naam is the only true profit in this world. Follow the Guru's Teachings, and contemplate it.

ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵਣੀ ਨਿਤ ਤੋਟਾ ਸੈਸਾਰਾ ॥੫॥

दूजै भाइ कार कमावणी नित तोटा सैसारा ॥५॥

Ḏūjai bẖā▫e kār kamāvṇī niṯ ṯotā saisārā. ||5||

To work in the love of duality, brings constant loss in this world. ||5||

ਸਾਚੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਥਾਨੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਚੇ ਘਰ ਬਾਰਾ ॥

साची संगति थानु सचु सचे घर बारा ॥

Sācẖī sangaṯ thān sacẖ sacẖe gẖar bārā.

True is one's association, true is one's place, and true is one's hearth and home,

ਸਚਾ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਭਾਉ ਸਚੁ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰਾ ॥

सचा भोजनु भाउ सचु सचु नामु अधारा ॥

Sacẖā bẖojan bẖā▫o sacẖ sacẖ nām aḏẖārā.

and true is the food, when one has the support of the Naam.

ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸੰਤੋਖਿਆ ਸਚਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ॥੬॥

सची बाणी संतोखिआ सचा सबदु वीचारा ॥६॥

Sacẖī baṇī sanṯokẖi▫ā sacẖā sabaḏ vīcẖārā. ||6||

Contemplating the True Word of the Guru's Bani, and the True Word of the Shabad, one becomes content. ||6||

ਰਸ ਭੋਗਣ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀਆ ਦੁਖ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਘਾਰਾ ॥

रस भोगण पातिसाहीआ दुख सुख संघारा ॥

Ras bẖogaṇ pāṯisāhī▫ā ḏukẖ sukẖ sangẖārā.

Enjoying princely pleasures, one shall be destroyed in pain and pleasure.

ਮੋਟਾ ਨਾਉ ਧਰਾਈਐ ਗਲਿ ਅਉਗਣ ਭਾਰਾ ॥

मोटा नाउ धराईऐ गलि अउगण भारा ॥

Motā nā▫o ḏẖarā▫ī▫ai gal a▫ugaṇ bẖārā.

Adopting a name of greatness, one strings heavy sins around his neck.

ਮਾਣਸ ਦਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਤੂ ਦਾਤਾ ਸਾਰਾ ॥੭॥

माणस दाति न होवई तू दाता सारा ॥७॥

Māṇas ḏāṯ na hova▫ī ṯū ḏāṯā sārā. ||7||

Mankind cannot give gifts; You alone are the Giver of everything. ||7||

ਅਗਮ ਅਗੋਚਰੁ ਤੂ ਧਣੀ ਅਵਿਗਤੁ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥

अगम अगोचरु तू धणी अविगतु अपारा ॥

Agam agocẖar ṯū ḏẖaṇī avigaṯ apārā.

You are inaccessible and unfathomable; O Lord, You are imperishable and infinite.

ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਦਰੁ ਜੋਈਐ ਮੁਕਤੇ ਭੰਡਾਰਾ ॥

गुर सबदी दरु जोईऐ मुकते भंडारा ॥

Gur sabḏī ḏar jo▫ī▫ai mukṯe bẖandārā.

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, seeking at the Lord's Door, one finds the treasure of liberation.

ਨਾਨਕ ਮੇਲੁ ਨ ਚੂਕਈ ਸਾਚੇ ਵਾਪਾਰਾ ॥੮॥੧॥

नानक मेलु न चूकई साचे वापारा ॥८॥१॥

Nānak mel na cẖūk▫ī sācẖe vāpārā. ||8||1||

O Nanak, this union is not broken, if one deals in the merchandise of Truth. ||8||1||
June 15, 2015 09:01AM
Mool mantar is very powerful, beyond our understanding.

Chant with your mind and at the same time follow you breath. But one has to see what works for them( for concentration) .

As said in Guru granth sahib jee (mool mantar & naam simran one can meet Vaheguru).
June 22, 2015 03:57PM
Dhan Vahiguroo Prio Parwasa Sevak Jio,
Ang 1013 of www.srigranth.org>

ਚਾਰਿ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਲੈ ਜਗਿ ਜਨਮਿਆ ਸਿਵ ਸਕਤੀ ਘਰਿ ਵਾਸੁ ਧਰੇ ॥

चारि पदारथ लै जगि जनमिआ सिव सकती घरि वासु धरे ॥

Cẖār paḏārath lai jag janmi▫ā siv sakṯī gẖar vās ḏẖare.

One is born to achieve the four great objectives of life. The spirit has taken up its home in the material world.

what is the 4 objectives Jio_/\_?

Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo sab ko aas hai Teri...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login