ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can women be Panj Pyare?

Posted by Sinner 
Can women be Panj Pyare?
October 12, 2014 05:40AM
As the title of this thread suggests, can women be Panj Pyare? Could the Singhs and Singhnees who reply to this provide some sort of proof, evidence or anything that will reinforce their viewpoint?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Can women be Panj Pyare?
October 13, 2014 07:15PM
NO the answer is no...
I feel that there are very few women that match the avastha of chardiakala singhs that currently exist in khalsa panth...Women do not match them in jeevan in anything such as pukka amrit vela. The jeevan of uchee avastha singhs can only exist amongst nitnemi singhs...where amrit vela is a regular routine. Jeevan affects the amrit... To make the amrit pavitar..the jeevan has to be pavitar.. where abortion is prevalent amongst women in these times... such food cannot be pavitar... this is where bibek comes in.... In amrit vela , initiation into khalsa panth.. the amrit must be pavitar...

In order to get rid of our vikaars we must keep such bibeks to the max... simran bibek as well comes hand in hand with rehit bibek... People may argue bibek is homai..but it is not... as it helps one all throughout life to stay calm.

In my humble opinion... women cannot have the same avastha as males...

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh....
Anonymous User
October 14, 2014 09:41AM
There is only one male--- Almighty. Everyone has his jyot inside. Amrit can trickle in anyone irrespective of gender, when you reach that avastha. When you take Amrit-you promise to match your outside with inside...saachiayra...only than Gurus will save you...People opt for easy change.....changing inside only happens with Guru kirpa.....no offence....When inside changes...than Har darshan shant sharir....than who you sit them, who you pray with does not matter, and who blesses you......in your stages, you have no say....of course you can pray to see any Gurus & your wish should be granted. But as Kabir jee says....sab pir/guru hamaare.......This life is tough.....

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥
Jo Tho Praem Khaelan Kaa Chaao ||
ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥
Sir Dhhar Thalee Galee Maeree Aao ||

bhul chuk maaf
October 14, 2014 09:53AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think there is a general reluctance to address this topic because it has been done before and there is always controversey surrounding it.

A couple of opposing viewpoints will highlight the issue:

A) Sant Jarnail Singh Ji is recorded as saying that women cannot be in the Punj Pyare. He has his reasons.
cool smiley The Sikh Rehat Maryada states that women can be in the Punj Pyare. It has its reasons.

Is Sant Ji above the Sikh Rehat Maryada or is the Rehat Maryada supreme? Is any Gursikh, who may have had the title of BrahmGyani, above the Panthic collective that created the Sikh Rehat Maryada?

Some will say yes, others will say no. It goes on for pages and pages, feelings get hurt, egos flare. It's rather unpleasant. Singhni Bhenji has provided her perspective and I am sure many would disagree with examples and citations from Gurbani. Some may support her assertions.

After seeing this topic emerge many times already, I don't think there will be a resolution to this matter or a definitive stance that will be to the satisfaction to this forum members, much less the Sikh Panth.

Study Gurbani, read history and draw your own conclusions and respect others' perspectives - it's the best we can do right now. This is another of those "when the Sikh Panth elects the Punj Pyare, listens to them and obeys their edicts" type of questions - when that happens, then this question can be asked and get a definitive answer.
October 15, 2014 12:30PM
singhni Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NO the answer is no...
> I feel that there are very few women that match
> the avastha of chardiakala singhs that currently
> exist in khalsa panth...Women do not match them in
> jeevan in anything such as pukka amrit vela. The
> jeevan of uchee avastha singhs can only exist
> amongst nitnemi singhs...where amrit vela is a
> regular routine. Jeevan affects the amrit... To
> make the amrit pavitar..the jeevan has to be
> pavitar.. where abortion is prevalent amongst
> women in these times... such food cannot be
> pavitar... this is where bibek comes in.... In
> amrit vela , initiation into khalsa panth.. the
> amrit must be pavitar...
>
> In order to get rid of our vikaars we must keep
> such bibeks to the max... simran bibek as well
> comes hand in hand with rehit bibek... People may
> argue bibek is homai..but it is not... as it helps
> one all throughout life to stay calm.
>
> In my humble opinion... women cannot have the same
> avastha as males...
>
>
> Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
> Vaheguru ji ki Fateh....

"women cannot have the same avastha as males"?

Bhenjee for some reason I doubt you have met any Bibi who keeps pakkee rehit and has pakka amritvelaa. Just because you have not encountered any Bibi who keeps a strict jeevan doesn't mean they don't exist! Bibiyan who know about true gurmat know the importance of this janam, they know the importance of sevaa that is attached to the jeev they carry for 9 months and even after the jeev comes to this world..so how can they go and get abortion done? Please refrain from making such senseless statements..
October 15, 2014 12:43PM

I don't think there will be a resolution to this matter or a definitive stance that will be to the satisfaction to this forum members, much less the Sikh Panth.
Veer, you and I post on another forum besides this one. How many centuries do you think we need before ALL Sikhs on the globe agree to every single thing? grinning smiley
October 15, 2014 01:48PM
A related topic was discussed on this forum a couple of years ago:

[gurmatbibek.com]

ਨੜੀਮਾਰs should be stoned to death. There should be absolutely no tolerance towards such paapis.
October 15, 2014 04:51PM

"How many centuries do you think we need before ALL Sikhs on the globe agree to every single thing?"

smiling smiley

Maybe we have to realize that we don't have to. I refer to the Jews - they decided in their quest for an independent homeland that there were going to be differences. But they agreed that what they needed was a unity amongst the community to achieve their goal. There must come a point that every Sikh must identify himself/herself as a Sikh and as a community, decide to pursue a common goal of an independent land for the Sikhs, above their Jathebandi affiliations and partiular practices. Without independence, there is no way any foreign nation would tolerate any platform for the Sikhs to be able to come together and reconcile their (rather small in my views) differences. Why would they? The very faith is designed to uplift the common man, something that any elite ruling class would never want. We are a threat to the ruling regime not as a separate faith, but because it specifically challenges the ruling class Brahmin regime that Sikhism is dead set against. Brahmins have, through Manu Simritis and Indian subcontinent culture, suppressed all as a people internally except the Sikhs. The Sikh continues to be trouble to them and the reason resources are diverted to suppress Sikhs is to they do not lose their ruling monopoly over the Indian people.

Given that the homeland would almost have to be in the current state of Punjab (sentimental and spiritual attachment to the founding land of the faith that the Sikh populace - local and diaspora would be attached to and have a vested interest to declare as their homeland - the history, the very roots are there), it would require that somehow, the needs of the Panth for an independent homeland be paramount above all else for every Sikh. Until all the Jathebandis (especially the leadership, which must squash internal dissension) work with each other, recognize the inherent (minor) differences that the other has and respects them (not agrees with them, respects them) and considers them a fellow Sikh, and focus all of the Sikhs who associate themselves with that Jathebandi to the common goal, nothing will be done.

This is what the Jews did. They did not open Maryada issues and made a policy that stated that if you could prove your Jewish ancestry, you would be granted citizenship to Israel. Many types of Jews flooded Isreal under this policy. Now, many many years after the establishment of Israel, they are working through the Maryada issues - orthodox vs. Hasidic is a thing, where there are movements within the country to move towards a stricter interpretation of Judaism, with resistance from more liberal Jews to leave the status quo. BUT, they are able to do this WITHIN their own borders.

What we fail to realize as a Panth is that we need a home desperately. We squabble and fight and allow ourselves to be distracted and led by self-serving leaders. Taking a page from Chinese history (thanks college electives!), until the very identity of each Chinese citizen was not awakened to the dire need for independence from the British, China was controlled by the proxy Manchurian puppet regime as controlled by the British. It was only when every common citizen realized the need (and individuals took upon the initiative to establish and glorify the unique Chinese identity) and was willing to die for the cause that the nation was able to shake off the British. Same as Punjab, China was flooded with oipium, alcohol and tobacco to suppress them and make them controllable. Sikhs are also being attacked spiritually and their history targeted by the parchar that they are Hindus - this is a suppression tactic so the common Sikh does not realize his/her true identity as a sovereign individual destined to be free.

Alcohol/drugs are used as a means of suppression, sellout Uncle Tom leaders are used as a means of suppression and if all fails, force is used to cull the Sikhs. Until the unified voice of the Sikh Panth does not cry out for independence and dedicates its collective mind, body and soul to Gurbani, Gurmat, understanding its unique identity and its presence in this world as a nation worthy of a homeland where it can actually blossom and progress as a faith, the same status quo will continue.

The alternative is that every Sikh must become a true Sikh, a true reflection of Guru Sahib - the very presence of such Sikhs will do the parchar itself and many would flock to the faith from the local population. Frankly, anything is possible and all will happen with Guru Sahib's Kirpa, but with the current state being as it is - supposed Amritdharis leading the Panth and themselves committing kurehits and selling out the Panth, it would be very hard for a Sikh to be inspired to these levels. The clean shaven Punjabi from Sikh families are still like an explosive powder keg - any inspiration and they will emerge as hardcore Sikhs, and such was seen during the movement. Such youth still exist today, but there is a concerted effort to prevent any good Gursikh from drawing another breath. If such inspiration was to become Panthic wide (and Guru Sahib is the doer of all), there could be an inspirational movement within the Sikh faith that inspires all around them and the Sikhs would be handed whatever they desire - rather than fighting for a homeland, the homeland would be given to them on a silver platter. I think you and I know that Gurprasad is everything, but this is not a scenario with statistics in its favor. For this to occur, Sikhs would have to, as a Panth, be constituted of Bhagat Pooran Singhs, Sant Jarnail Singhs, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singhs, Shaheed Anokh Singh Babbars, Mata Bhag Kaurs. May Guru Sahib bless us with such, but otherwise, as Guru Sahib has said, without Raaj, Dharam does not progress.

So my dear brother, it is not that we have to agree on every single thing. We need to agree on the one thing: We are Sikhs of the Guru and we are in need for a place to call our own. Forget all of the other differences and technical details. Work towards the common goal and when there is an independent homeland for the Sikhs, the Panth can deal with these differences with the one authorized institution by Guru Sahib - Punj Pyare selected from the Sangat to whom these matters can be presented for resolution. Faith in Guru Sahib/Akaal Purakh allowed weighty decisions to be resolved with parchian being placed in Harmandir Sahib's sarovar - last (only) parchi standing was the Almighty's will for the Panth. It is our lack of committment and faith to our own common ground of Sikhi that is preventing progress.

Alas, this is all Guru Sahib's Hukam and maybe the Sikh Panth will learn from this and prosper ever more from the hard lessons of today...
October 16, 2014 01:07AM
Bhenjee for some reason I doubt you have met any Bibi who keeps pakkee rehit and has pakka amritvelaa. Just because you have not encountered any Bibi who keeps a strict jeevan doesn't mean they don't exist! Bibiyan who know about true gurmat know the importance of this janam, they know the importance of sevaa that is attached to the jeev they carry for 9 months and even after the jeev comes to this world..so how can they go and get abortion done? Please refrain from making such senseless statements..

Absolutely right Bhenjee.I also have the same prospective as Anokh Kaur has.If anyone is talking about bibian's kamaee so there is no doubt that they can have lot of kamaee than males because they don't have to go to work and they have plenty of time to do swaas swaas Simran and other Gurbani reading also.Now if for an instance if by some reason some Gursikhs ask Bibi Bhupinder Kaur Jee(Pooran ji's wife) To do seva of Punj Pyare I dont think that there would be any person to have question it as we all know who she is.
But yes as per maryada I think it would be not permissible by any Bibi to do seva of Punj Pyare.I don't want to indulge in any war of word when I saw that when singhni being a Bibi is saying that Bibi's can't have so much kamaee.So I want to give that example.Sorry as this is very serious question we should be very cautious before putting any comment on it as all there are also many Kamaee wale Bibi's in this world as well as on this forum also.

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyare.

Sorry for any mistakes.
October 16, 2014 05:36AM
Singh_91 jee,

I guess you meant ਕੁੜੀਮਾਰ instead of ਨੜੀਮਾਰ.
ਨੜੀਮਾਰ means one who consumes tobacco.

ਨੜੀਮਾਰs should be stoned to death. There should be absolutely no tolerance towards such paapis.

Do you really think that even such a thought is in accordance to Gurmat?
October 16, 2014 07:44AM
ms514 Wrote:
> VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH
>
> "How many centuries do you think we need before
> ALL Sikhs on the globe agree to every single
> thing?"
>
> smiling smiley
>
> Maybe we have to realize that we don't have to. I
> refer to the Jews - they decided in their quest
> for an independent homeland that there were going
> to be differences. But they agreed that what they
> needed was a unity amongst the community to
> achieve their goal. There must come a point that
> every Sikh must identify himself/herself as a Sikh
> and as a community, decide to pursue a common goal
> of an independent land for the Sikhs, above their
> Jathebandi affiliations and partiular practices.
> Without independence, there is no way any foreign
> nation would tolerate any platform for the Sikhs
> to be able to come together and reconcile their
> (rather small in my views) differences. Why would
> they? The very faith is designed to uplift the
> common man, something that any elite ruling class
> would never want. We are a threat to the ruling
> regime not as a separate faith, but because it
> specifically challenges the ruling class Brahmin
> regime that Sikhism is dead set against. Brahmins
> have, through Manu Simritis and Indian
> subcontinent culture, suppressed all as a people
> internally except the Sikhs. The Sikh continues
> to be trouble to them and the reason resources are
> diverted to suppress Sikhs is to they do not lose
> their ruling monopoly over the Indian people.
>
> Given that the homeland would almost have to be in
> the current state of Punjab (sentimental and
> spiritual attachment to the founding land of the
> faith that the Sikh populace - local and diaspora
> would be attached to and have a vested interest to
> declare as their homeland - the history, the very
> roots are there), it would require that somehow,
> the needs of the Panth for an independent homeland
> be paramount above all else for every Sikh. Until
> all the Jathebandis (especially the leadership,
> which must squash internal dissension) work with
> each other, recognize the inherent (minor)
> differences that the other has and respects them
> (not agrees with them, respects them) and
> considers them a fellow Sikh, and focus all of the
> Sikhs who associate themselves with that
> Jathebandi to the common goal, nothing will be
> done.
>
> This is what the Jews did. They did not open
> Maryada issues and made a policy that stated that
> if you could prove your Jewish ancestry, you would
> be granted citizenship to Israel. Many types of
> Jews flooded Isreal under this policy. Now, many
> many years after the establishment of Israel, they
> are working through the Maryada issues - orthodox
> vs. Hasidic is a thing, where there are movements
> within the country to move towards a stricter
> interpretation of Judaism, with resistance from
> more liberal Jews to leave the status quo. BUT,
> they are able to do this WITHIN their own borders.
>
>
> What we fail to realize as a Panth is that we need
> a home desperately. We squabble and fight and
> allow ourselves to be distracted and led by
> self-serving leaders. Taking a page from Chinese
> history (thanks college electives!), until the
> very identity of each Chinese citizen was not
> awakened to the dire need for independence from
> the British, China was controlled by the proxy
> Manchurian puppet regime as controlled by the
> British. It was only when every common citizen
> realized the need (and individuals took upon the
> initiative to establish and glorify the unique
> Chinese identity) and was willing to die for the
> cause that the nation was able to shake off the
> British. Same as Punjab, China was flooded with
> oipium, alcohol and tobacco to suppress them and
> make them controllable. Sikhs are also being
> attacked spiritually and their history targeted by
> the parchar that they are Hindus - this is a
> suppression tactic so the common Sikh does not
> realize his/her true identity as a sovereign
> individual destined to be free.
>
> Alcohol/drugs are used as a means of suppression,
> sellout Uncle Tom leaders are used as a means of
> suppression and if all fails, force is used to
> cull the Sikhs. Until the unified voice of the
> Sikh Panth does not cry out for independence and
> dedicates its collective mind, body and soul to
> Gurbani, Gurmat, understanding its unique identity
> and its presence in this world as a nation worthy
> of a homeland where it can actually blossom and
> progress as a faith, the same status quo will
> continue.
>
> The alternative is that every Sikh must become a
> true Sikh, a true reflection of Guru Sahib - the
> very presence of such Sikhs will do the parchar
> itself and many would flock to the faith from the
> local population. Frankly, anything is possible
> and all will happen with Guru Sahib's Kirpa, but
> with the current state being as it is - supposed
> Amritdharis leading the Panth and themselves
> committing kurehits and selling out the Panth, it
> would be very hard for a Sikh to be inspired to
> these levels. The clean shaven Punjabi from Sikh
> families are still like an explosive powder keg -
> any inspiration and they will emerge as hardcore
> Sikhs, and such was seen during the movement.
> Such youth still exist today, but there is a
> concerted effort to prevent any good Gursikh from
> drawing another breath. If such inspiration was
> to become Panthic wide (and Guru Sahib is the doer
> of all), there could be an inspirational movement
> within the Sikh faith that inspires all around
> them and the Sikhs would be handed whatever they
> desire - rather than fighting for a homeland, the
> homeland would be given to them on a silver
> platter. I think you and I know that Gurprasad is
> everything, but this is not a scenario with
> statistics in its favor. For this to occur, Sikhs
> would have to, as a Panth, be constituted of
> Bhagat Pooran Singhs, Sant Jarnail Singhs, Bhai
> Sahib Bhai Randheer Singhs, Shaheed Anokh Singh
> Babbars, Mata Bhag Kaurs. May Guru Sahib bless us
> with such, but otherwise, as Guru Sahib has said,
> without Raaj, Dharam does not progress.
>
> So my dear brother, it is not that we have to
> agree on every single thing. We need to agree on
> the one thing: We are Sikhs of the Guru and we
> are in need for a place to call our own. Forget
> all of the other differences and technical
> details. Work towards the common goal and when
> there is an independent homeland for the Sikhs,
> the Panth can deal with these differences with the
> one authorized institution by Guru Sahib - Punj
> Pyare selected from the Sangat to whom these
> matters can be presented for resolution. Faith in
> Guru Sahib/Akaal Purakh allowed weighty decisions
> to be resolved with parchian being placed in
> Harmandir Sahib's sarovar - last (only) parchi
> standing was the Almighty's will for the Panth.
> It is our lack of committment and faith to our own
> common ground of Sikhi that is preventing
> progress.
>
> Alas, this is all Guru Sahib's Hukam and maybe the
> Sikh Panth will learn from this and prosper ever
> more from the hard lessons of today...

I am not going to reply to this, rather save/print/share it to be read by me and as many as possible on a daily basis. I am speechless!
October 16, 2014 10:32AM
No ਨੜੀਮਾਰ means people who do abortion
ਕੁੜੀਮਾਰ means who kill their daughters
Both are murderers therefore they have no right to live
It's perfectly in accordance to Gurmat
Don't let western ideology turn you into a marshmallow
October 16, 2014 12:27PM
Singh_91 Wrote:
> No ਨੜੀਮਾਰ means people who do
> abortion
> ਕੁੜੀਮਾਰ means who kill their
> daughters
> Both are murderers therefore they have no right to
> live
> It's perfectly in accordance to Gurmat
> Don't let western ideology turn you into a
> marshmallow

How is that in accordance to Gurmat? The death penalty of a murderer, is in itself also an act of murder. We are no authority to decide who lives and who dies.
And actually many westerners are pro death penalty.
October 16, 2014 01:57PM

No ਨੜੀਮਾਰ means people who do abortion
Please refer to a dictionary.

Both are murderers therefore they have no right to live
It's perfectly in accordance to Gurmat
Please provide references from Gurbani or Rehatnamas before you label your Manmat statements as Gurmat.
Gursikhs are ordered not to associate/keep relations with Kudimaars.
We are NOT ordered to stone them to death.

Don't let western ideology turn you into a marshmallow
And how have you reached this conclusion about me?

Your attitude is somewhat annoying. Please practice the basic etiquette of having a discussion.
October 16, 2014 03:20PM

Your attitude is somewhat annoying.

I also want to add that if I had military, political power and strength, nobody would ever dare think about doing abortion or murdering their daughters winking smiley
"Maybe we have to realize that we don't have to. I refer to the Jews - they decided in their quest for an independent homeland that there were going to be differences. But they agreed that what they needed was a unity amongst the community to achieve their goal. There must come a point that every Sikh must identify himself/herself as a Sikh and as a community, decide to pursue a common goal of an independent land for the Sikhs, above their Jathebandi affiliations and partiular practices."

Sikhs, Hindus, and Muslims have always lived in South East Asia for centuries without the need of borders based on religious affiliations. We dont understand why its imporant to have strong religious affiliations not yet strong jathebandi affiliations; stong affilations with any belief system is wrong if it discriminates against others or makes a group only think about its own interests.

When there was talks about dividing India into 3 nations ( Hindusta, Pakistan, SIkh State) , Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji wrote a compelling article. He argues Sikhi is a prapaukaree faith. Sikhi has always been about helping others, but when you have a nation state people tend to think only about their own good ( self interest) and not the good of others. Which is true because according to political theory modern nation states must think about their own interest in order to survive.

Secondly, Sikhi has always strived without their own state. They did so during the Gurus time and much after. Guru Sahib never proposed a SIkh state which would marginalize Sikhs from the global world. Gurumukhs including Sant Jarnail SIngh never really proposed a religious state. History shows us that when a religion becomes a state religion then that religion takes a major loss and peoples basic rights get violated. One only has too look at Saudia Arabia to understand what Im talking about.

I am all for Punjab being a seperate state with greater autonomy from India the way California is a independent state with its own autonomy to govern as an independent state with less control from the Federal government. A seperate religious state in India is not a practical solution for todays time. Most Punjabis are not SIkhs. Having a autonomous Punajb ( non religious state) or Sikh city in Amritsar like the Vatican in Rome is the most practical solution to move forwards.
October 17, 2014 10:44AM
At the time when first Amrit sanchar happened Mata sahib kaur ji was there who has better avastha then Mata ji if maraj wanted he could have put Mata ji in panj pyare if maraj didn't then why should be how could we change the maryada that maraj created then u would end up calling panj pyare the panj pyaria many mahapurakhs have answered this question and the answer is no
October 17, 2014 11:18AM

Secondly, Sikhi has always strived without their own state. They did so during the Gurus time and much after. Guru Sahib never proposed a SIkh state which would marginalize Sikhs from the global world. Gurumukhs including Sant Jarnail SIngh never really proposed a religious state. History shows us that when a religion becomes a state religion then that religion takes a major loss and peoples basic rights get violated. One only has too look at Saudia Arabia to understand what Im talking about.

I am all for Punjab being a seperate state with greater autonomy from India the way California is a independent state with its own autonomy to govern as an independent state with less control from the Federal government. A seperate religious state in India is not a practical solution for todays time. Most Punjabis are not SIkhs. Having a autonomous Punajb ( non religious state) or Sikh city in Amritsar like the Vatican in Rome is the most practical solution to move forwards.

It's one thing that Sikhi has been surviving without having a state and it has been all because of Guru Sahib's Kirpa but it would be great if Sikhs had their own nation. Raj Karega Khalsa is a concept that Guru Sahib Himself has blessed us with. Sikhs in olden days, prior to Raja Ranjit Singh's raj, had only two options for Sikhs - Baadshah (king) or Baaghi (rebel). There was not middle ground. So how can a Sikh not wish for a state where Khalsa rules?

Je Raj milda hai taan zaroor laina chaheeda hai. In any case, Khalsa Raj is inevitable. Khalsa will rule for sure.

Kulbir Singh
October 17, 2014 12:00PM

"Secondly, Sikhi has always strived without their own state."

Interesting. Please provide some insight as to what Anandpur Sahib was during the time of Dasam Guru Patshah Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji? With its fortifications of the 5 forts (one of which was manufacturing weaponry to supply its independent army in Qila Lohgarh Sahib), a unique culture and people from the pervading empire, a separate military, a separate ruler (Guru Sahib), a unique group of subjects (Sikhs), and definitely not under the control of the Mughal Empire (rather an open challenge to the Mughals total control of the region) and its propensity to attract war with the Empire and the surrounding hill rajas. Nishan Sahib, Ranjit Nagara, Baajan, Faujan, Holla Mahalla, direct challenge to the Mughals and the Hill Rajas of the soverignity of the region under Dasam Patshah.
October 17, 2014 01:15PM
A phrase often referred to when talking about the motive of Puratan Singh: ਕੈ ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇ ਹੈਂ, ਕੈ ਲੜ ਮਰੇ ਹੈਂ (either rule or die fighting)
"Interesting. Please provide some insight as to what Anandpur Sahib was during the time of Dasam Guru Patshah Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji? With its fortifications of the 5 forts (one of which was manufacturing weaponry to supply its independent army in Qila Lohgarh Sahib), a unique culture and people from the pervading empire, a separate military, a separate ruler (Guru Sahib), a unique group of subjects (Sikhs), and definitely not under the control of the Mughal Empire (rather an open challenge to the Mughals total control of the region) and its propensity to attract war with the Empire and the surrounding hill rajas. Nishan Sahib, Ranjit Nagara, Baajan, Faujan, Holla Mahalla, direct challenge to the Mughals and the Hill Rajas of the soverignity of the region under Dasam Patshah."

When Sri Guru Teg Bhadur took land in Sri Anandpur Sahib it was really no different than Nanakana Sahib, Khadoor Sahib, Goindal, Kiratpur Sahib, Amritsar etc. Neither of these cities were politcal states. Sri Anandpur Sahib was converted as a fort when under attack by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. If it was a state as you suggest he would have not left it. These cities and the residents of the cities had their own autonomy but they did not live as an isolate community. They were very active in the affairs of the country there is no other greater example then Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself who helped Emperor Bahadur Shah. In fact all the Gurus gave advice to the ruling emperors on how to govern the state, and if government officials were good they had good relations with such people. Guru Sahib told Empeor Babar he was a tyrant and if he wanted to be a good king he should serve the poor and elderly. All the Gurus gave advice to the emperors on how to manage the country. Gurus and Siks were active in making their country ( their location) a better place.They never had any intentions for political rule. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji came into this world and established a spirutual kingdom which has no borders, he did not come to establish any political kingdorm.

Today is not the time for Raj. We are very far from Khalsa Raaj. We cannot even govern our 5 takhts how on earth can we govern a state? Goverining a state is not an easy task. We are very very far from establishing our own kingdo. Its more practical setting up instiutions which promomte basics of Gurmat and defend the rights of those who are being mistreated.
"It's one thing that Sikhi has been surviving without having a state and it has been all because of Guru Sahib's Kirpa but it would be great if Sikhs had their own nation. Raj Karega Khalsa is a concept that Guru Sahib Himself has blessed us with. Sikhs in olden days, prior to Raja Ranjit Singh's raj, had only two options for Sikhs - Baadshah (king) or Baaghi (rebel). There was not middle ground. So how can a Sikh not wish for a state where Khalsa rules?"

We already have our own nation its called Khalsa. The concept Raj Karega Khalsa was first pronounced to Ruka Din in Saudi Arabia. It had nothing to do with a Sikh Political State in Punjab; Raj Karega Khalsa was referring to spiritual kingdom of SIkhi which will extend to all four corners of the world. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji came into this world and laid the foundation stone of a spirutual kingdom. A kingdom where one had access to Godly kingdom (sach khand) while living active this world while practicing Gurmat qualities. Us Sikhs have forgotten about this kingdom because we are too busy crying about a political kingdom as if such a kingdom is the solution to all our problems. Sikhs have always faced disrcimination, atrocities, injustices and they never proposed having a poltical state to stop such actions. Sikhi strives in adversity.
October 17, 2014 06:43PM
Your understanding of Sikh philosophy and history seems to be very skewed.
October 18, 2014 05:41AM
Why do you always have an urge to prove yourself right all the time, Sukhdeep Singh ji?
Why can't you for once accept that you could be wrong?
Everyday Sikhs all around the world do Ardaas that Siri Nankana Sahib and other Gurudwara Sahibs which Khalsa have been separated from, be blessed with their "Darshan Deedar" and "Seva Sambhaal". How can all this be possible without Raj Karega Khalsa? And do you really want Panjaab to be under control of Badals and other non-Sikh parties, or do you want it to see under control of the Khalsa?
And finally, what comments do you have for two of our Mahaan Jarnails:
1) Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalia
2) Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgharia

What would you like to say about Sardar Baghel Singh jee who flew the Khalsa jhanda (Nishaan Sahib) on the Red Fort in Delhi? Was the act of his undignified and totally unsuitable?

Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Himself said to Bhai Nand Lal jee that "Raj Karega Khalsa, Aaki Rahey Naa Koye", then who are YOU to question it? Even if you are Sukhdeep Singh, even then YOU have no right to question Dasam Pita.
October 18, 2014 08:35AM
ਬੇਦੁ ਬਾਦੁ ਨ ਪਾਖੰਡੁ ਅਉਧੂ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਬੀਚਾਰੀ 

बेदु बादु न पाखंडु अउधू गुरमुखि सबदि बीचारी ॥१९॥

Beḏ bāḏ na pakẖand a▫oḏẖū gurmukẖ sabaḏ bīcẖārī. ||19||

This true hermit does not enter into religious debates or hypocrisy; the Gurmukh contemplates the Shabad. ||19||

www.srigranth.org Ang908
bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo atey Guru Pyareo

Your understanding of Sikh philosophy and history seems to be very skewed.

Yes, perhaps so, but you and others have failed to provide any rational reason as to how a theocracy would work in the 21st century. May I remind you we live in a global world, and Sikhi is a global religion. To claim that Sikhs are more safe if they have their own state is ridiculous. Sikhs in North America and Europe live a prosperous Sikh life and they dont have their own state in these regions. The Jews of Israel live in a much more dangerous situation in Israel then the Jews living in New York and North London. In fact, the Hasidic Jews living in New York and North London live more of a Jewish life then those living in Israel. Once you politicize a religion the results turn out badly.

For a Sikh to ask for a Sikh State in Punjab is equivalent for a Catholic Assyrian to ask for a separate Christian state in Iraq. Both groups are minority faiths and its impractical for a minority faith to govern a constituency whose majority is of another faith. Yes, both groups at one time were a majority in their respective states , but this is no longer the case. Its more practical for Punjab to be an autonomous secular state yet still be part of India. The way California is its own state with its own autonomy but yet still part of the federal government. Or the way the Ancient Greek states were governed. They all had their own autonomy, but when attacked by a foreign power they come together and defended their country.

Im amazed how modern-day Khalistanis beat their chest for a Sikh state yet they dont know the first thing about governance or politics. I once asked a Khalistani how would a separate Sikh state survive against a Nuclear Pakistan and Nuclear India? He said how does Israel defend against all its enemies. I explained to him Israel is supported with billions of dollars by countries like the U.S. which allows them to have the best military resources in that region. I then asked him which countries would aide and become alliances to a Sikh state? It wouldnt be China nor would it be U.S.? Pakistan would support them for a brief time, but then they would eventually take over the state through their Nuclear might.

More practical goal is for people of Punjab to draft a resolution demanding India to protect their basic rights, and for the people of Punjab ( Hindu, Sikhi, Muslims, or Chriistian) to work together and make this state more prosperous both socially and economically. It makes no sense for people in the West to beat their chest about a Sikh State because they themselves are not going to leave their comfort zones to live in a theocracy.
October 19, 2014 03:54AM
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jee, couldn't agree with you more. There are a number of reasons as to why a separate khalistani state won't work. Here is one as well:
We'll be a landlocked country, what that means is that we aren't connected to any sea. Most of the supplies a country gets, it gets from huge craters that travel across the ocean because it's much cheaper than ordering it by plane, yet Khalistan doesn't have a shore line. What the UN did was put out an international order that every country that is connected to a shore line and a landlocked country must allow the supplies of that country to pass through their country, but at a tax. The only way Khalistan will be able to get its goods and supplies from is if it goes through India, or Pakistan. First of all, there's no guarantee that they'll allow the goods and supplies to pass through their respective countries. Both are allies of the USA, and if they declare that Khalistan isn't even a proper country (like USA did with Syria) USA will totally back up Pakistan and India's decision, and we won't get our supplies. Even if we do get our supplies it'll be at crazy amounts of tax Which'll be detrimental to our economy. Let's say India, Pakistan and USA go against us, that'll mean China will support us. What this means for our social structure is that Khalistan will have to become a Communist country in order to maintain the consistent support of China.
(Im amazed how modern-day Khalistanis beat their chest for a Sikh state yet they dont know the first thing about governance or politics. I once asked a Khalistani how would a separate Sikh state survive against a Nuclear Pakistan and Nuclear India? He said how does Israel defend against all its enemies. I explained to him Israel is supported with billions of dollars by countries like the U.S. which allows them to have the best military resources in that region. I then asked him which countries would aide and become alliances to a Sikh state? It wouldnt be China nor would it be U.S.? Pakistan would support them for a brief time, but then they would eventually take over the state through their Nuclear might.)
Khalistan survive like Switzerland. It has no any seaport, no any nuclear power.But it has a honest administration and police.
October 20, 2014 03:51AM
Agreed with harshwinder singh
October 20, 2014 03:55AM
taken from wikipedia..

The Swiss Armed Forces, including the Land Forces and the Air Force, are composed mostly of conscripts, male citizens aged from 20 to 34 (in special cases up to 50) years. Being a landlocked country, Switzerland has no navy; however, on lakes bordering neighbouring countries, armed military patrol boats are used. Swiss citizens are prohibited from serving in foreign armies, except for the Swiss Guards of the Vatican, or if they are dual citizens of a foreign country and reside there.

The structure of the Swiss militia system stipulates that the soldiers keep their Army issued equipment, including all personal weapons, at home. Some organizations and political parties find this practice controversial[65] but mainstream Swiss opinion is in favour of the system. Compulsory military service concerns all male Swiss citizens; women can serve voluntarily. Men usually receive military conscription orders for training at the age of 18.[66] About two thirds of the young Swiss are found suited for service; for those found unsuited, various forms of alternative service exist.[67] Annually, approximately 20,000 persons are trained in recruit centres for a duration from 18 to 21 weeks. The reform "Army XXI" was adopted by popular vote in 2003, it replaced the previous model "Army 95", reducing the effectives from 400,000 to about 200,000. Of those, 120,000 are active in periodic Army training and 80,000 are non-training reserves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login