ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Help - married to a Hindu

Posted by vkaur 
Need Help - married to a Hindu
July 26, 2014 05:03PM
Dear Sadh Sangat

I always used to think that love has no religion ,colour or caste . Iam from sikh family , my father and mother are amritdhari . They took Amrit after my wedding. I met my husband at work he is from hindu family , we fell in love and got married . My parents objected few times but when they met my husband family they said Yes. We had a Anand Karaz and Hindu ceremony both. We both have a strong believe in Sikhism. But i don't know for some reason i feel that i have not taken a wrong decision.We have not planned our family yet but i donot want my children to be bought up in hindu culture , i want them to be a true gurusikh . We go to gurudwara every weekend and after listening to few line of gurbani my eyes are filled with tears. I always do ardas to waheguruji to keep me close to his heart i cannot live without gurubani. By waheguruji grace my husband has started taking lots of interest in sikhism , he goes for seva with me and we try to attend sadh sangat as much as possible. He is very loving and a true family man but i know that he is not yet ready to be a sikh now. I feel guilty , i feel like i have hurted my pita ji guru gobind singh ji and he will never forgive me. I try to do more and more path and ardas to keep me close to his heart and always love me but iam scared what is going to happen in future !!!! one of my amritdhari friend says i have commited a BIG MISTAKE and not a sikh not ........i donot want to accept this at any cost. Iam sikh and i will remain sikh till the end.

Iam sorry if i have hurted anyone with this topic. I know you must not be feeling good after reading this. but i need your help.

Please help me to get out of this guilt feel. Sorry for such a long topic but couldn't stop writing. May waheguruji bless you all.

Bhul Chuk Maff
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Need Help - married to a Hindu
July 26, 2014 07:12PM
Respectful bhenjee, an individual is not truly a Sikh until they have given their head to Guru Sahib, i.e. taken amrit. So although you compromised your relationship with Guru Sahib, it isnt as grave a mistake as it would have been had you been an amritdhari, as you had not yet become Guru ka Sikh to begin with. There is still plenty of hope for gaining Guru Sahib's khushi and pyaar. The best thing now is for you to prepare yourself and your husband to truly devote yourselves to Sikhi. A husband and wife shouldn't be walking on two different paths; your utmost goal at this point should be for the both of you to become united spiritually by treading the path of Sikhi together. A Sikh can only be loyal to Guru Sahib and never bow before any other faith, so you can only become a faithful Sikh if you and your husband both give your heads to the Khalsa.

Bhul chuk maaf
Bhenji, only Gurbani and Ardaasan can keep you afloat in this tough situation. It is at this time when Gurbani and Sikh History gives us power to keep faith in Guru Sahib and do ardaasan that Guru Sahib solves our problem. Atleast there is a light as you mentioned that your husband takes interest in Sikhism. Read the saakhi of Bibi Santi at the below link.

[www.panthic.org]
Dear vkaur ji,

What you are experiencing was bound to happen. We all have self-images and identifications. Majority of us live our lives at an unconscious level and we are unaware of these bindings until we put in a special situation by our lives. These situations may be anything like change of outer circumstances, change of cultural surroundings, isolation, traumas, crisis etc.

Unfortunately, in an inter-religious love marriage, religion is the last thing in the couple's mind. Being a sikh in an inter-religious marriage is harder because it is the sikh who is going to more problems. But what is done cannot be undone now. You have to find a middle path.

I think you need to inform yourself more of your religion. I am not sure if your are aware that just being born in a sikh family and having cultural, mental and emotional allegiance/identification with Sikh religion does not make you are proper practicing Sikh. You shall have to read up. But do not read up half-truth and full-lies printed by groups such as Sikh missionary college etc. You need writings of true gursikhs like Bhai Vir Singh ji and others. You should also be very careful of Gurudwara kathakaars. If they are taksali kathakaars then perhaps you are safe.

In short, not everything printed or spoken about Sikhi out there is trustworthy. You need to be careful.

Here is a suggested road map:

For becomin a more informed lay Sikh

1. Recite Gurbani- At the very least you should get yourself familiar with these: Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Svvaiyey, Chaupai Sahib, Anand Sahib, Rehraas Sahib, Sohila Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib.

2. Read arth-vyakhya of as much baneea as possible. You should read Santhya Bhai Vir Singh ji, Prof Sahib Singh ji

3. Read jeevnian of Guru Sahibs.

4. Read Sikh history AFTER Guru Dashmesh ji went to Sachkhand. This is important too. It is this period which will develop a proper historical perspective about where we stand as a panth today.

But rest assured that just by informing yourself and developing some level of identification will not give you much of a spiritual state. For that you will have to develop a Sadhna or Spiritual Practice. For that you shall have to dive deep into Gurbani and Naam jaap. Even a non-amritdhari can reach those states which ordinary human being cannot even dream of. But of course when Guru Sahib blesses one with Amrit only then shall Sachkhand's doors will open and only then shall Akaal Purakh's darshan may be had.

Some more suggestions. In order to develop Shardha bhavna and for inspiration read up biographies of Bhai Randhir Singh ji, Baba Karam Singh ji Hoti Mardaan, Baba Aaya Singh ji Hoti Mardaan, Baba Attar Singh ji Mastuane wale, Baba Attar Singh ji Reru Sahib wale, Baba Maha Harnam SIngh ji Bhucho Wale, Baba Nand Singh ji Kaleran wale, Baba Jwala Singh ji Harkhowal wale and scores of others.

NOTE OF CAUTION: You may in your readings come across some differences in maryada among other things. I would suggest that you refrain from indulging in arguments and needless hair-splitting discussions. They serve no purpose other than decreasing Shardha Bhavna.

Good Luck.
I know of a local Singh who was already married before getting into Sikhi. When he adopted Sikhi his wife kicked him out of the house, but nothing was going to deter him from Sikhi. For awhile he struggled. He lived in the streets then he lived in the Gurdwara Sahib. Eventually, his wife got back with him, and by some miraculous cause she embraced Sikhi and took amrit. She even got more into SIkhi then her husband. When I asked her husband how did this happen. He replied " its not my doing its the Gurus doing".

We know of another story which took a different turn. There is a local Singh who is very much into spirtuality. He was born into a Hindu family and he married a Hindu women. But when he got older he embraced Sikhi and his wife left him and his kids never to return. He eventually got remarried to a Gursikh. Nothing detered him from practicing Sikhi.

We also know of another couple where the man was a Hindu and he embraced Sikhi, and his wife too became influenced by his sangat and adopted Sikhi. From what I have read from your initial post it seems like a your husband has a genunie respect/interest for Sikhi. Im sure the more you get into Sikhi he will get influenced by Sikhi through your sangat. There is a book by a Gursikh ( Bhai Rama Singh JI) . He was born into a Hindu family and he embraced Sikhi. His journey into Sikhi is very inspirational. I think your husband and you will enjoy reading this book.
Thank u Everyone , it gives me some hope. But still iam confused of one thing..People says marriages are made n heaven
Is my wedding arranged by waheguruji ...was it written in my destiny to get married to a hindu ???? Not sure but this question always disturbs me a lot !!!! I would like to know this answer to get some relief from my guilt feeling.

Bhul Chuk Maaf
Love has no religion.. When god choose someone for you, he does not see his religion...

But i feel it's all about your own karma.. Maybe it is due to your own deeds in this or previous birth, you have to pass this difficult test.. I believe you should not lose hope, and see it as a big test of you life.. Work harder to educate yourself and your husband more about sikhism...

Rest god knows everything... We can only guess it's decisions..

"Moulaa kheal karea sabh aapea"

Bhul chuk maaf...

Love has no religion.. When god choose someone for you, he does not see his religion...

Please don't write such manmatt statements as above. Gurmat and Sikh Rehit Maryada clearly says that a Sikh should only get married to a Sikh. Gurmat is Vaheguru's jee's own opinion on what a human should do i.e. Vaheguru wants everyone to follow Gurmat. What do you mean love has no religion? Do you mean to say that it's okay to have Ishq-mushq kind of relationships before marriage and get married after doing such worldly Ishqs? By making such statements as above, firstly you are misleading youth into doing love marriages and secondly you are misleading young Sikh girls and boys into looking to get married outside of Sikhi.

The fact that this Bibi got married to a Hindu despite being born into a Sikh family does not mean that it was Vaheguru's Khushi in doing so. Sure, it was Vaheguru who made this Sanjog but this Sanjog was a result of her own Karma. Vaheguru jee gives us happiness and sorrow, and relationships like parents, siblings, spouse and children based on our Karmic debts. Such decisions should not be interpreted as being Vaheguru jee's Khushi. Vaheguru jee's Khushi lies in us following Gurmat that has been started by Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee and Guru Sahib is a Form of Vaheguru jee. So Gurmat is Vaheguru jee's own Hukam for the humankind.

Now you Bibi jee are getting the right thoughts. If you and your husband can come back to Sikhi, then there is a high chance that Guru Sahib will forgive your mistake of getting married outside of Sikhi. It is clearly stated in Rehitnamas and our history that Guru Sahib, particularly Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee, was very much against Sikh daughters getting married to non-Sikhs. So Guru Sahib Kirpa karan.

Kulbir Singh

Kulbir Singh

Thank u Everyone , it gives me some hope. But still iam confused of one thing..People says marriages are made n heaven
Is my wedding arranged by waheguruji ...was it written in my destiny to get married to a hindu ???? Not sure but this question always disturbs me a lot !!!! I would like to know this answer to get some relief from my guilt feeling.

I think this concept of "marriages are made n heaven" is a Western/Hollywood concept. We are so bombarded with these messages by media, books, and movies we start to include them in our religious beliefs. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji has mentioned how Western Movies and Co- Ed Schools are the key faults for the destruction of traditional practices of marriage.

Its not as though God is in the cloud shooting arrows of love to different people like Cupid. God is not some romantic bichola, lol. But he does arrange all our relations including marriage.

ਮਾਈ ਬਾਪ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਸਭਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਕੀਏ ॥ God made mother, father, and children.
ਸਭਨਾ ਕਉ ਸਨਬੰਧੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਦੀਏ ॥ God made all relations .

If you did not get married according to the Sikh conduct then its not the end of the world. There have been plenty of GurSikhs in the past and present who got married before getting into religion. You can still enjoy the fruits of Sikhi if you really want too.
Charanjeet Singh JI, your statement is a half truth. Kaam has no religion definitely, but in terms of marriage there certainly is religion which heavily affects the outcome of marriage. Sikhi cannot be compromised and Sikhs can't be marrying manmukhs and calling it "love". While the rest of the duniya is blind and lost in false pleasures and false affections, Guru Sahib has given His Sikhs the wisdom and understanding to differentiate between good and evil. So don't make it anymore difficult and complicated for this woman who is going through this dilemma.
I'd like to add to what Kulbir veerji has written.

Sister VKaur ji,

Are marriages are made in heaven

You are mixing up folk ideas, popular ideas which float around amongst people with Gurmat ideas. Which heaven and who said these marriages were made there? If you trace the origin of this statement you'd find its probably something you read off an archies greeting card or heard it on tv or in a film perhaps? And you took it to be true and even went ahead and thought Gurmat agrees??

Well, that is why I feel the need to say this again. PLEASE KNOW YOUR RELIGION FIRST. READ UP.

Your marriage was a result of your karma bindings with your husband from past lives. The chain of karma is so long and complex that we can only take guesses and what might have happened. But we can never fully know.

When there is love, nothing else matters, including religion

Well, who says that? Again, whats the source of this idea? As you ll find out, it will be again the same, popular media, tv, films, novels and such like things. Gurmat does not say this. Do you know what is the source of Sansaric misery? Its the attachment. To sukh as well as dukh, to material things as well as people.

Sansaric love is just that, sansaric. It is not outside the realm of maya. And what is Maya? Simple meaning of Maya is 'illusion'. You think you love your husband and he loves you and that is all that matters? Well do you really really really believe that you have always loved him with the same intensity as you did the day you fell in love? Can you truly and sincerely say that this emotion shall never falter, never alter and never flinch? Look around you. You are not the first person who fell in love. And what became of the those millions and millions of other people? They remained entangled in the snares of Sukh and Dukha. Did they achieve anything spiritual out of that? When they were in old age, did they exhibit in themselves any state of mind which was extra-ordinary? Did they achieve everlasting peace or Ananda? Did they get out of cycle of birth and death?
Do you know bhainji that according to Gurmat you have had countless janams before this and unknowable times it might have been in human form and in those janams you might have been either a man or a woman and you might have had many relationships with so many other souls? And in those lives also you might have thought, 'Ah I love him/her so much and this is all that matters!'. And then what became of it? Nothing, the jaggernaut of Maya trampled everyone.
When we are born in a family we have 'laina dena' with other souls, our mother, our father, our relatives, our spouses, our friends, everyone. This life of ours is a story which has been going on from an indeterminable time.

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਕਾ ਕੀ ਮਾਈ ਕਾ ਕੋ ਬਾਪ ॥
ਕਾ ਕੀ = ਕਿਸ ਦੀ? ਕਾ ਕੋ = ਕਿਸ ਦਾ?
(ਅਸਲ ਵਿਚ ਸਦਾ ਲਈ) ਨਾਹ ਕੋਈ ਕਿਸੇ ਦੀ ਮਾਂ ਹੈ, ਨਾਹ ਕੋਈ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਪਿਉ ਹੈ।

ਨਾਮ ਧਾਰੀਕ ਝੂਠੇ ਸਭਿ ਸਾਕ ॥੧॥
ਨਾਮ ਧਾਰੀਕ = ਨਾਮ-ਮਾਤ੍ਰ ਹੀ, ਸਿਰਫ਼ ਕਹਿਣ-ਮਾਤ੍ਰ ਹੀ। ਸਭਿ = ਸਾਰੇ ॥੧॥
(ਮਾਂ, ਪਿਉ, ਪੁਤ੍ਰ, ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਆਦਿਕ ਇਹ) ਸਾਰੇ ਸਾਕ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਹਨ, ਕਹਿਣ-ਮਾਤ੍ਰ ਹੀ ਹਨ ॥੧॥

ਕਾਹੇ ਕਉ ਮੂਰਖ ਭਖਲਾਇਆ ॥
ਕਾਹੇ ਕਉ = ਕਿਉਂ? ਮੂਰਖ = ਹੇ ਮੂਰਖ! ਭਖਲਾਇਆ = ਬਰੜਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈਂ, ਸੁਪਨਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਅਸਰ ਹੇਠ ਬੋਲ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈਂ।
ਹੇ ਮੂਰਖ! ਤੂੰ ਕਿਉਂ (ਵਿਲਕ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈਂ, ਜਿਵੇਂ) ਸੁਪਨੇ ਦੇ ਅਸਰ ਹੇਠ ਬੋਲ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈਂ?

ਮਿਲਿ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਤੂੰ ਆਇਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਮਿਲਿ = ਮਿਲ ਕੇ। ਸੰਜੋਗਿ = ਪਿਛਲੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਸੰਜੋਗ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ। ਹੁਕਮਿ = (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ) ਹੁਕਮ ਨਾਲ ॥੧॥
(ਤੈਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਸੂਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ) ਤੂੰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਵਿਚ (ਪਿਛਲੇ) ਸੰਜੋਗ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ (ਇਹਨਾਂ ਮਾਂ ਪਿਉ ਆਦਿਕ ਸੰਬੰਧੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ) ਮਿਲ ਕੇ (ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ) ਆਇਆ ਹੈਂ (ਜਿਤਨਾ ਚਿਰ ਇਹ ਸੰਜੋਗ ਕਾਇਮ ਹੈ ਉਤਨਾ ਚਿਰ ਹੀ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਸੰਬੰਧੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਲ ਰਹਿ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ) ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ॥

ਏਕਾ ਮਾਟੀ ਏਕਾ ਜੋਤਿ ॥
ਏਕਾ = (ਸਭ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੀ) ਇਕੋ ਹੀ {ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਏਕਾ' ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਲਿੰਗ ਹੈ, ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਏਕੋ' ਪੁਲਿੰਗ}।
ਸਭ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੀ ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਹੈ, ਸਭ ਵਿਚ (ਕਰਤਾਰ ਦੀ) ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਮੌਜੂਦ ਹੈ,

ਏਕੋ ਪਵਨੁ ਕਹਾ ਕਉਨੁ ਰੋਤਿ ॥੨॥
ਕਹਾ = ਕਿਥੇ? ਕਿਉਂ? ਰੋਤਿ = ਰੋਵੇ ॥੨॥
ਸਭ ਵਿਚ ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਹਨ (ਜਿਤਨਾ ਚਿਰ ਸੰਜੋਗ ਕਾਇਮ ਹੈ ਉਤਨਾ ਚਿਰ ਇਹ ਤੱਤ ਇਕੱਠੇ ਹਨ। ਸੰਜੋਗ ਮੁੱਕ ਜਾਣ ਤੇ ਤੱਤ ਵੱਖ ਵੱਖ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਸੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ) ਰੋਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈਂਦੀ (ਰੋਣ ਦਾ ਲਾਭ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦਾ) ॥੨॥

ਮੇਰਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਕਰਿ ਬਿਲਲਾਹੀ ॥
ਕਰਿ = ਕਰ ਕੇ, ਆਖ ਕੇ। ਬਿਲਲਾਹੀ = (ਲੋਕ) ਵਿਲਕਦੇ ਹਨ।
(ਕਿਸੇ ਸੰਬੰਧੀ ਦੇ ਵਿਛੋੜੇ ਤੇ ਲੋਕ) 'ਮੇਰਾ, ਮੇਰਾ' ਆਖ ਕੇ ਵਿਲਕਦੇ ਹਨ,

ਮਰਣਹਾਰੁ ਇਹੁ ਜੀਅਰਾ ਨਾਹੀ ॥੩॥
ਜੀਅਰਾ = ਜਿੰਦ ॥੩॥
(ਪਰ ਇਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਦੇ ਕਿ ਸਦਾ ਲਈ ਕੋਈ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ 'ਮੇਰਾ' ਨਹੀਂ ਤੇ) ਇਹ ਜੀਵਾਤਮਾ ਮਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ॥੩॥

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਿ ਖੋਲੇ ਕਪਾਟ ॥
ਗੁਰਿ = ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ। ਕਪਾਟ = ਕਵਾੜ, ਭਰਮ ਦੇ ਪਰਦੇ।
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ (ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਮੋਹ ਨਾਲ ਜਕੜੇ ਹੋਏ) ਕਵਾੜ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਖੋਲ੍ਹ ਦਿੱਤੇ,

ਮੁਕਤੁ ਭਏ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਥਾਟ ॥੪॥੪੩॥੧੧੨॥
ਭ੍ਰਮ = ਭਟਕਣਾ। ਥਾਟ = ਪਸਾਰੇ, ਬਣਾਵਟਾਂ ॥੪॥
ਉਹ ਮੋਹ ਦੇ ਬੰਧਨਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਸੁਤੰਤਰ ਹੋ ਗਏ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੋਹ ਦੀ ਭਟਕਣਾ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਸਾਰੇ ਮੁੱਕ ਗਏ ॥੪॥੪੩॥੧੧੨॥

Gurmat teaches us the WAY OUT. And that way is the way of Naam/Bhagti.

Again, read up, get the basics.
I have read Bhai Randhir Singh ji autobiography . He did so much to keep his rehat at the most difficult situation in jail . i still remember the incident where his family came to meet him at jail but he was not able to spend time with them. It bought tears to my eyes but he happily accepted this as hukum of waheguruji and never ever complained,

How can people like me become so much manmukh !! i feel ashamed. I never ever want any of my sikh bhenji or veerji to do intercaste wedding. Though iam happy in my married life but the feeling of guilt can never ever go . Its a difficult journey , many obtacles will come but i need to be strong . Iam sure one day both of us will become true gurusikh. Thank u all for showing me the right way. Always be blessed with naam and seva.
Bhenji

I am sorry but I am going to be absolutely blunt, forgive me if this sounds harsh, but all these things should have been considered before you got married. Anyways, what is done is done. Good thing is that Guru Sahib still has done kirpa on you, and I say this because without His kirpa you wouldn't be on this forum asking such a question.

You need to keep in mind that just as you love Sikhi, your husband might also love his religion. Just because he comes with you to the Gurdwara and does seva doesn't mean he will give up the religion he was born into and grew up in.

You don't want your kids to be Hindus, have you asked your husband if he would want them to be Sikhs? After all the kids who will be born will be your kids, both of you.

Do you both also go to the Hindu mandirs? If yes, then I am not sure how much you can progress in Sikhi. If no, then there might be chances that he will slowly get into the fold of Sikhi.

Do you refuse to go to the mandir? If yes, then I'd say he is much more tolerant than you are, since he STILL comes with you to the Gurduara. If no, then I am not sure why you are on this forum.

Again, I apologize if my words seem blunt and harsh, but one needs to see both sides of the story. Its very easy for us to tell someone that our religion is better or the best, but keep in mind that perhaps the other person feels the exact same way about his religion. Plus in Sikhi we don't force anyone in any way to adopt Sikhi.
I hit "post message" a bit earlier, sorry.

Please do Ardas to Guru Sahib. Like others have mentioned, kirpa can happen anytime in any way. So keep doing Ardas. My only point in the previous post was that you need to understand your husband's position as well.

May Guru Sahib do kirpa on both of you.

Forgive me if anything I said sounded harsh.
August 09, 2014 02:28AM
Veer Mehtab Singh Ji

Thankyou for your advise, your statement is not harsh at all. I never force my husband to go to gurdwara , he himslef loves to go to gurudwara and do seva, He even gives his daswand at gurudwara . We have never been to mandir ( only once with my mother in law after marriage ) .He doesn't like going there coz he never gets his peace of mind which he gets from gurudwara . These things have given me more encouragement and i do ardas to babajee to keep his Kirpa on us. Veerji i understand i have disappointed my guru but he is bakshanhaara and i always do ardaas to gurusahib ji to forgive me and keep his kirpa on us.
I think this short movie below relates to your position:
[www.youtube.com]
You can find it on youtube, its called Blind Journey-a short movie.
You can also share it with others to prevent what happened to u

I think this short movie below relates to your position:
[www.youtube.com]
You can find it on youtube, its called Blind Journey-a short movie.
You can also share it with others to prevent what happened to u

In this movie the timeline between 4:50 to 5:00 is must watch to evaluate where our generation is heading.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
August 15, 2014 02:10AM
Thank u Nimarata and Jaskirat ji.
jaskirat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I think this short movie below relates to your
> position:
>
> You can find it on youtube, its called Blind
> Journey-a short movie.
> You can also share it with others to prevent what
> happened to u
>
>
> In this movie the timeline between 4:50 to 5:00 is
> must watch to evaluate where our generation is
> heading.

The thing about that movie was the fact that the guy was a hardcore Hindu(most likely RSS) and would never accept listening to Gurbani or to go to a Gurdwara; however, with Vkaur's situation I'm sure he could have Pyare with Guru Sahib because he voluntarily goes to a Gurdwara and never asked to go to a Mandir(which shows some interest), to Vkaur I would recommend you recite Gurbani and teach him as well (Yogi Bhajan converted many people in the west this way, also Guru Angad Dev Ji only had the desire to meet Guru Nanak when he heard Gurbani from a Sikh, ultimately it's the Gurbani which can create Sikhs. I got inspired to follow Sikhi only because of listening to the Gurmantar, which now is leading me towards my journey to take Amrit). Guru always has grace for all and remember Guru Sahib is still the Guru of all of humanity not just the Sikhs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login