ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scientific benefits of Kesh.

Posted by Sinner 
Scientific benefits of Kesh.
March 09, 2014 08:29PM
1. In my brief research of hair and the nervous system there was a prevalent phrase being used "Hair is an extension of the nervous system, and can be correctly realised as external nerves". I thought "what a load of crap". Then, as I delved deeper into it and looked into the evidence behind it, the theory started to make more sense. When we get an adrenaline rush, our hair stands up on ends. When we do Naam Simran with great vigour it feels as if the hair on our necks is going ballistic. Native Americans had AMAZING tracking abilities. They were recruited into the army for this ability but when they entered the army they all consistently lost the amazing ability to track. Why? It is mandatory for American Army Personnel to have very short hair. Hair, tracking ability and the nervous system are directly linked! Our outside environments directly effect the way our nervous system acts and it is hypothesised that our hair also acts in a similar manner to our nerves when given a similar/identical stimulus.

2. If we assess bhagats from different religions we see that usually they have mental illnesses, but why don't Sikh bhagats have mental illnesses? It is tradition within Buddhist monks to become bald before they become monks and due to this fact we may observe some quite mentally disturbed monks. A lot of Aghori Sadhus also are bald, and if anyone knows what an Aghori sadhu is they'll know how absolutely mentally disturbed these people are. Now, why aren't Sikh bhagats like Sant Isher Singh Ji, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji, Baba Joginder Singh Ji 96krori and Sant Giani baba Jarnail Singh Ji mentally disturbed? First of all, they do their meditation upon GurMantar. Second of all they read a lot of bani and have kirpa of Maharaj, but thirdly, they all grew their hair! Hair has a direct relationship with the brain in relation to chemicals and a direct relationship to the endocrine system and hormonal functions.

3. Some studies also suggest different hair whorl patterns also suggest which hand will be the dominant hand. Abnormal brain growth can also be linked to hair loss. A study carried out by German Scientists suggested that abnormally large amounts of (BDNF) and (NT-4) had the effect of early hair loss. Abnormally large brains and hair have some sort of link scientists say.

Maharaj already knew all this, thus why we keep our hair. It helps us regulate many different processes, helps regulate the endocrine system, helps regulate BDNF and NT-4 production, acts as an external part of the Nervous System and helps with Bhagti and Naam Simran. How great is Maharaj! Who already knew these secrets centuries before scientists discovered them! Qurbaan To The Guroo!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Firstly, it doesn't matter for what reason a hukam has been given to us from Akal Purakh, but we as Gursikhs never need an explanation to follow rehit. Even if we don't know the benefit of a rehit, it is still our duty to follow Guru Sahibs hukams blindly.

Having said that, if we don't know the specific benefit to a rehit, it doesn't mean that their isn't one. All of Guru Sahibs rehits have benefits both from a bodily and spiritual perspective. During Guru Sahibs times, the effects of drugs and alcohol were not known, and yet Guru Sahib didn't allow his Gursikhs near any form of drugs. Only in the past century have people discovered the deathly side effects of drugs and alcohol. Recent studies on meat consumption and disease have lead many to become vegetarian.

In this same way I'm sure their are thousands of benefits to kes both spiritually and phsyically. Scientists have yet to study its benefits but once this is done, people will realize the physical benefits of kes. One thing I have noticed is that people who keep their kes, regardless of taking amrit or not, live much longer on average compared to those who do not. A very chardee kala Singh once told that the kes is directly related to one lifespan, and cutting it means also cutting their life short by a few years.
So much negatively, Singh Sahib.

I'm sorry I ever posted this. It's better to appreciate this sort of information, because if someone asks you why you keep your kes, you can firstly say that it is a command and we must follow it, and then you may state this information to help them put into perspective how healthy and beautiful it feels for a Sikh to keep kes.

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa || Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||
Giani Harbans SIngh Ji has also pointed out the scientific benefits of keeping Kesh. In addition, Giani Ji has mentioned the scientific benefits of kakkars. For example, the wooden kangha and iron karha allow steady flow of blood to the heart; thus, the heart becomes stronger. We have seen in recent times how many companies are starting to sell wooden combs and iron bracelets for health reasons.
It’s not about negativity, it’s about following hukams of Guru Sahib without question and without using one’s own thinking (man ki matt).

One time a new age scientific type person asked Bhai Atma Singh Jee Panjokhra Sahib that, “What is the logic behind wearing 2 dastars?” Bhai Atma Singh Jee replied, “Look brother I do not know about logic. All I know is that my Guru said so.” The clever person then asked, “So whatever the hukam of your Guru is, you are ready to accept that?” Bhai Sahib said, “Yes of course. Not just two dastaars, but even if Guru Sahib said for us to do two joorhe on our head; one on the left and one on the right then we would happily do that as well.”

This is the type of innocent loving devotion and obedience that gets you a true spiritual chardikalaa jeevani and the darshan of Vaheguru.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਭੋਲੇ ਭਾਇ ਮਿਲੇ ਰਘੁਰਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੬॥
Sinner
How great is Maharaj! Who already knew these secrets centuries before scientists discovered them!

Babaji - HE, Himself has created this secret so why will He not know this secret. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

BTW we appreciate your post. Puratan Gursikhs only cared about Hukam and did not cared about Logic. But 21st century praani care more about Logic first and following Hukam remains a choice for them. Hope your post will address logical needs of 21st century praanis.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login