ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A lost Gurmat Tradition that needs to be revived.

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
We need more Saroops without Raag Malaa as Raag Malaa pakhi people are hunting Saroops without Raag Malaa and getting Saskar done to remove all the exisitng saroops without Raag Malaa....

Does any body has Rehat Maryada printed by SGPC in 1936? I believe it was written in 1936 published Panthic Rehat Maryada that Bhog Mundavani te Paunaa.

I strongly believe lots of changes were done in Rehat Maryada after it was approved by majority Panth without asking anybody again just like they did Nanakshahi Calender.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Really good and informative post. After reading this I feel we should make an effort to write Gurbani.

Just a question, where does one start? if a starter like me wants to write his own Panj Granthi Pothi from where can we obtain paper for writing Gurbani? and what kind of pen do you use?
It's a wonderful idea and I would love to starrt this, but my fear is that of making mistakes. What should be done with those ang on which (god forbidding) mistakes appear and you may need to re-write?
It depends on the Level of mistake. If you forgot a whole pangti one Needs to rewrite. Keep in mind the sheet had another side on which you had spent hours writing on.

If it is a minor misake you can overpaint it with White colour and write over it, which doesn't look nice. But is acceptable. But if you write Alphabet for Alphabet it will be beeter than write word for word. The best way is to only Keep in mind the actual Alphabet you are writing not the whole word. after completing the word one can speak it out. This is the best way of preventing mistkes.
has anyone here written or is writing their own Pothi?
Wahegurrooojeekaakhalsa Wahegurrooojeekeefateh

Larivar Gurbani Calligraphy Workshop by Gurdwara Singh Sabha Bradford

Wahegurrooo
Wow, I would really like to start writing gurbani.
[youtu.be]
harshwinder singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [youtu.be]

That Bhain Jee has very clean writing. Almost looks like printed.
ਬਹੁਤ ਧੰਨਵਾਦ ਵੀਰ ਜੀ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਹੁਣਾ ਦਾ ਜੋ ਆਹ ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਮੂਹਰੇ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਆਏ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਸਾਰੇ ਹੋਰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾਂ ਦਾ ਜਿਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਹਨ।
ਚਿਰ ਤੋਂ ਮੇਰੀ ਵੀ ਤਮੰਨਾ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਹੱਥ ਲਿਖਤ ਪੋਥੀ, ਪੰਜ ਗੰਰਥੀ ਤਿਆਰ ਕਰਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਅੱਜ ਆਹ ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਪੜ੍ਹਕੇ ਨਵੀਂ ਸੇਦ ਮਿਲੀ। ਅਰਦਾਸ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਮੇਹਰ ਕਰਨ।
ਅਤੇ ਵੀਰ ਜੀ ਹਰਸ਼ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ, ਦਾਸਨਦਾਸ, ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਹੋਰ ਕਈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾਂ ਉਤੇ ਦਾਤੇ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ।
ਇਸ ਮੂਰਖ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਮਾਲਿਕ ਕਦੇ ਮੇਹਰ ਕਰਕੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਲਿਖਨ ਦੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਦੇ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਜਦ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਕੁਝ ਤੁਕਾਂ ਸ੍ਹਵੇਂ ਆਉਦੀਆ ਨੇ ਕਦੇ ਕਦੇ ਚਾਉ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਖੈਰ ਸਭ ਦਾਤੇ ਦਾ ਤਰਸ ਹੈ।

Can anyone advice on where can we get the paper from? If its not possible to source from India what will be ideal paper type and size to source in UK/USA?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login