ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A lost Gurmat Tradition that needs to be revived.

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
[worldmostamazingrecords.blogspot.com]
Please scroll down abit to find out about one more inspirational Gursikh, Daas came across. This really inspires one...
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The main thing preventing me from starting now is that I am unsure how to write in larivar across angs. Is it ok for the ang to end in the middle of a word and the rest of the letters of that word to carry on the next ang?
Also, must each ang written correlate with each ang of the gutka sahib, i.e. must each ang end with the same word as it ends in the gutka sahib? What if there is a space at the end of the ang? (not writing saroop, just jap ji sahib).

The main thing preventing me from starting now is that I am unsure how to write in larivar across angs. Is it ok for the ang to end in the middle of a word and the rest of the letters of that word to carry on the next ang?

Yes this is okay. While writing Laridaar, we are not to make judgement as to where the word ends.

Also, must each ang written correlate with each ang of the gutka sahib, i.e. must each ang end with the same word as it ends in the gutka sahib? What if there is a space at the end of the ang? (not writing saroop, just jap ji sahib).

No the angs don't have to co-relate to Gutka Sahib and same holds true for angs of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. It's desirable that the angs are same as Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee's standard form that is prevelant now a days but its not mandatory to do so. All old handwritten Saroops have different number of angs and same can be done today as well.

Kulbir Singh
The Ink should be black but If you like the headings could be red or blue.

writing gurbani is not only beneficial for karma but it also brings peace to the mind probably because you say the lines repeatedly in your mind.

Guptkhalsa
Thanks alot bhai sahib jeeo, I am very sorry to keep bothering, I now have all pens, paper and ink ready, i think final question for now is in regards to ik oankaar and rest of bani, please advise as to which of these is correct:

[img843.imageshack.us]
[img11.imageshack.us]
[img560.imageshack.us]
[img96.imageshack.us]
Gupt Vaasi Jio,

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

I now have all pens, paper and ink ready, i think final question for now is in regards to ik oankaar and rest of bani,

ਵਧਾਈਆਂ ਜੀ ਵਧਾਈਆਂ ! Go ahead Jio, Guru Sahib will shower His great mercy. So far this dhilla Daas with efforts of past several months only could reach upto this:

Asees devo jee this keet too could do writing seva.

With Regards,
Daas
Excellent Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo! Now move forward jeeo.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you bhai sahib jasjit singh jeeo, such an example was exactly what daas needed. Can't wait to start. Guru Sahib kirpa kare sareya de upar. vahegurooooo
good job!
keep it up!

daas,
khalsaji.
Awesome job Bhai Jasjit Singh jio! It would be great if everyone who has taken up writing gurbani via this forum could share pictures of their writing. It would help and encourage people like me to write.

Writers - please share your pictures.
You did a very good job by start writting bani.
It will build everyones interest.

Daas,
Khalsaji.

In the above photo, the 'ੴ' should be joined with 'ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁ' Or else, it's not entirely Larrivaar.
beautiful pictures!

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
Bhai JaspreetSingh jio,

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

In the above photo, the 'ੴ' should be joined with 'ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁ' Or else, it's not entirely Larrivaar.
As Daas learned there are five reasons to be written like above.

1) Current Larrivaar saroops printed by SGPC has written the same way through out the saroop; no where it is attached to the letters followed it.
2) Old hand written Larrivaar Gurbani writings have been written the same way e.g.

You may find some writers also written together.

3) ੴ is Bani in complete entity itself so it can be written separately.

4) In ੴ, urra like letter/word/graphic is unique and it is not part of Gurmukhi Pantee (thirty five letters) hence can be written/drawn separately.

5) If the beginning of Gurbani had been written in words like ਇੱਕ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ then to keep the Larrivaar format it should be written as ਇੱਕਓਅੰਕਾਰਸਤਿਨਾਮੁਕਰਤਾ...., however, it is not the case so it can be written as above without touching to the words followed it.

Bhul Chuk di Khima.

With Regards,
Daas
jasjit singh

i would just like to add in your photo the the sasa that you rote has a hole in it, whereas in the purtan saroops there is no hole in the sasa, in addition, it my suggestion to you that you should put a bigger hole in your bhaba on nirbho and sabang otherwise it looks like a tata. In addition, your lala should be more like the one in the partan saroop above or the same as the gurbanilight font used on computers. Also your mama shouldnt have a hole in it either. Also, your ara should not have a hole in it either.

Thanks for showing us the pics..

Its really amazing how the hand written saroops are almost the same style as the gurbani light fonts etc. Ie there is not holes in the jaja, mama. dada. bhaba etc

this just wat i have learnt from sangat of gursikhs that have been writing bani for the majority of thier lives

please forgive me for anymistakes
otherwise you have done a really good job!smiling smiley
Bhai Jio,

Daas will try to implement those suggestions jio. Keep it up.

With Regards,
Daas
Amritwela Bhen jee
It would be great if everyone who has taken up writing gurbani via this forum could share pictures of their writing. It would help and encourage people like me to write.

Writers - please share your pictures

Daasandass on our forum also writes gurbani, here are some pictures of Sri Gurbani jee he has written:

Chota veer
Thanks for posting the pictures, Chatrik jeeo. I have seen images of Gurbani written by Daasandaas jee before and no doubt his hand is blessed by Guru Sahib. Definitely, it is a gift from Guru Sahib, that he should utilize to write Maharaj jee's Saroop and thus get immense Khushi of Guru Sahib.

Dil Khush ho giya.

Kulbir Singh
The writing by daasandaas is probably the most beautiful writing I have seen. He has a gift, I hope he will finish writing many sroops.
Daas second Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee. This Singh is really a gifted Gurmukhi writer, hence he should not miss the opportunity to write Guru Maharaaj Jee's saroop.

With Regards.
Daas
A small question, would it be OK to also write in form of senchis, so i could keep them at home with satkaar ( at the moment i dont think it is suitable to have guru sahib at my house atm) if so, would chandoa etc still be needed ( i'm guessing so.) any gurbani so far that guru sahib has given sewa of writing, ive done so on a small manjee sahib i borrowed from the gurdwara - could any other gursikhs who are experienced in this share what apparatus they use, any best quality pens etc they feel are the best to use - and if not written in a book , how did they bind the angs toghether.

Much apprieciated,

Gurfateh jee
"WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA , WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE" BHAI SAHIB JASJIT SINGH JIO GREAT UDAM BUT IF YOU NEED SOME HELP THEN IN THIS SEWA THEN CONTACT BHAI SAHIB KHANDE WALE AT LUDHIANA BECAUSE IT ALSO WROTE TWO SARUP OF SACHE PATSHAH AND NITNEM GUTKA IN LARRIWAR I SAW THAT INK USE BY HIM IS VERY SHINY GURU FATHE "WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA , WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE".
Harsh Singh jio.

Thanks for the suggestions jio. Can you tell what ink (company and etc.) Bhai Sahib used? Just recently got darshan of Bhai Sahib's writing It's amazing.

With Regards,
Daas
" WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA , WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE" DAS NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THAT INK BUT I THINK THEY MADE OWN BY SOME OLD TRADITION ABOUT IT PLZ CONTACT HIM GURU FATHE JI
The above images are absolutely amazing!
Truly those hands are blessed which are used to write Gurbani of Vaheguroo!
I would like to know, where can I get the paper used to write Gurbani on?
And Harsh Singh has brought up an interesting point.
I didn't know that there was also a special ink that was used to write Gurbani.
Is it possible for all material necessary to be ordered online?
Thank you ji! smiling smiley
Vaahegurooo...!!
Daas is really overwhelmed by the asseesan the sangat has showered upon him... wish i was more deserving of this pyaar..!! Vaaheguroo...
Daas only seeks chardhoor from the sangat and more aseesan so that with guroosaab's kirpa He blesses Daas with the Seva of a Saroop soon...!!

Guroosaab kirpa karan... Daas hopes he can stand upto ur expectations..!!

Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsaa Vaaheguroojeekeefatehh...!!
To add to my last post I'd like to show you guyz what really inspired Daas to start writing Gurbaanee..!!!

I'm really thankful to this Singh for being an inspiration for Daas in a lot of ways to improve on Gursikhee...!!

From Fareedkot Teeka
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login