ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sant Kartar Singh on Pad Chhed

Posted by gsingh 
Sant Kartar Singh on Pad Chhed
December 09, 2011 09:51PM
[www.youtube.com]

In this video, Sant Kartar Singh while doing Katha says that doing Pad Chhed of Gurbani is "Atyant Mana Hai", and says that "eh manmat hai, eh nahee karnee chaeedee". They say this practice is extremely forbidden, these words are reminiscent of Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee's words who said that doing Pad Chhed is "Maha Manmat".

May Guru Jee bless the Panth with the ability to only do Parkash of Larreevaar Saroops.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Thank you veerjee, i was looking for this video to show my parents who think there is nothing wrong with the "normal saroop"

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
Re: Sant Kartar Singh on Pad Chhed
December 10, 2011 03:03PM
There is nothing wrong with "normal saroop" as larreevaar is normal saroop smiling smiley
What does that make the laridar saroop then ?
Abnormal ?

Foolish people!
December 10, 2011 03:42PM
ive seen a video of sant kartar singh jee while doing katha, the singhs in the jatha have pothi parkash and the pothi is all larivaar
December 10, 2011 05:07PM
Is this the video you are talking about?

[www.youtube.com]
I heard this Katha of Sant Kartar Singh jee many years ago and was greatly impressed by the display of such concentrated Bibek Budh. Indeed he has expressed his views on Pad-chhed of Gurbani, very similar to Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, who has written that printing Pad-chhed Birs of Guru Sahib is "Maha-Manmat".

About 15-16 years ago, I heard Sant Kartar Singh jee's thoughts on Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. I can't find that Katha anywhere now. I think perhaps this discourse was in Katha of BaraMaha Sahib. If someone can post it online, it would be of great help. In this Katha, Sant jee had spoken very highly about Bhai Sahib jee.

Sant Kartar Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh jee had great respect for Bhai Sahib jee but unfortunately, in the 1980s, some narrow-minded people, exploited the Raagmala issue and sowed the seeds of disunity between the Singhs. It was quite unfortunate that due to small differences, the Gursikhs remained disunited throughout the crucial period of post-1984, when Sikhs were fighting for self-respect and honour.

Kulbir Singh
December 31, 2011 09:27AM
Bhai Kulbir Singh jeeo

Maybe the katha of Sant Kartar Singh ji can be found at this link: [www.gurmatveechar.com]

If anybody has this katha of Sant ji talking about bhai sahib please post up. This would help in uniting jatha and taksal. No true Taksali could ever insult bhai sahib because Giani Gurbachan Singh has also praised bhai sahib in his pustak sri Gurmukh Parkash:

The above site is a khazana in terms of Samprdai Katha, it includes full katha of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji by Giani Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindranwale. Also this site has katha of Giani Mohan Singh ji Bhindranwale which is hard to locate. Does anyone have any more information on giani Mohan Singh ji, is he still pefrorming katha on Sangrand?
December 31, 2011 09:01PM
Dhan were those Gurmukhs like Sant Gurbachan Singh, and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh who had such undying and extreme prem for each other, despite minor differences. One story that always sticks out to me, is when Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh would come meet Sant Kartar Singh, Sant Jee would get their hazooria and lay it on the ground for Bhai Sahib to sit down on, and then serve Bhai Sahib food with their own hands. One thing I learned whilst studying from Taksali Ustaads was to never let your hazooria get dirty, always keep it clean, so this was such a mahaan seva by Sant Kartar Singh to lay his hazooria on the ground for Bhai Sahib to sit on. It shows how true his love was for Bhai Sahib:

ਜਿਨਾ ਪਛਾਤਾ ਸਚੁ ਚੁੰਮਾ ਪੈਰ ਮੂੰ ॥੩॥
Those who recognize the True Lord - I kiss their feet. ||3||

Such stories should put some sense in our heads, as today we fight everyday over the smallest of things. We try to follow the lives of Gursikhs in the past, but when it comes to Prem for other Jathebandia, it seems that we forget how much Prem our Mahapurkhs had for each other.
January 02, 2012 06:57AM
Mp3 File On Sant Kartar Singh - Pad Chhed
January 02, 2012 06:57AM
-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login