ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਬਿਸ਼ਰਾਮ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਸੋਹਿਲਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ

Posted by iKaur 
Where are the correct ਬਿਸ਼ਰਾਮ in the following tuk?

ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ ਇਵ ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ॥੨॥

Based on my (very) limited understanding, I am inclined to read it as

ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ, ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ, ਇਵ ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ॥੨॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
You can find the correct ਬਿਸ਼੍ਰਾਮ in the Santhiya file located at this link: Siri Sohila Sahib
I just noticed the santhiya section of this website, so my original question has been answered..

In the following tuk

ਸੰਬਤਿ ਸਾਹਾ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਵਹੁ ਤੇਲੁ ||

Is it to be pronounced saahaa or shaaha? what is the meaning of the word ਸੰਬਤਿ? If someone can elaborate on the meaning (beyond what can be found on sttm) that would be very helpful smiling smiley
Everything is in the Santhia File. According to it, the correct Ucharan is Sahaa and not shahaa.
Thank you for mentioning the Santhiya files Preetam Singh.
They are definitely awesome and very helpful indeed. grinning smiley

Is it to be pronounced saahaa or shaaha? what is the meaning of the word ਸੰਬਤਿ? If someone can elaborate on the meaning (beyond what can be found on sttm) that would be very helpful

Good to hear from you after such long time, Bhain jeeo.

The pronunciation is Saaha and not Shaaha. Shaaha means king whereas Saaha means breath and also wedding day. Here this word means wedding day. In olden days, Pandits used to determine the wedding day according to the position of stars. Such day is called good day i.e. Saaha (su+aah = Saaha).

Sambat means the year and Saaha means that day when the wedding is fixed. Guru Sahib is writing that the day and year of wedding (wedding here means death time; in folklore, death is called wedding too); therefore welcome that day by preparing for it.

Kulbir Singh
Of course, "worldly" death = wedding for those

ਧੰਿਨ ਸੁਹਾਗਨਿ ਜੋ ਪੀਅ ਭਾਵੈ ||

ਵੀਆਹੁ ਹੋਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਬਾਬੋਲਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੇ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ||

ਬਹੁਤ ਧਨਵਾਦ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਇਸ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਲਈ smiling smiley

--
ਮੇਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਥੋਰੀ ਰਾਮ
Waheguru kee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh,

sry a bit off topic but related to Kirtan Sohela Saheb and dont know how to write gurmukhi in the msg...

I have just started doing paath and on ang 157 there is first pauri of kirtan sohila saheb... there is this tuk...

Tum Gawoh mere nirbhau ka sohela || Ho wari jao jeet sohelee sadaa sukh hoye ||1|| rahaoo||

Now in the Kirtan Sohela Saheb path we do there is no "jao"
Tum Gawoh mere nirbhau ka sohela || Ho wari jeet sohelee sadaa sukh hoye ||1|| rahaoo||

Can someone plz clear how is this and is there same shabad some where else in sri guru granth sahebjee like the So Dar paudi in japji saheb and rehraas saheb.. or is it my mistake in reading..

bhulchuk maaf...

The 5 Shabads of So Dar group, 4 Shabads of So Purakh group and 5 Shabads of Sohila group, appear again in Gurbani with slight differences. These differences are such that they don't alter the meanings. The Shabads in So Dar, So Purakh and Sohila cluster are Nitnem Shabads and these Shabads are also repeated again in Gurbani in their respective Raags.

The reason for this is known to Guru Sahib alone but we can only conjecture. I think, when the same Shabad of Gurbani comes to Guru Sahib twice from Sachkhand, it comes slightly altered to distinguish the two separate occurrence of manifestation of Dhur kee Baani.

Rest Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 5 Shabads of So Dar group, 4 Shabads of So
> Purakh group and 5 Shabads of Sohila group, appear
> again in Gurbani with slight differences. These
> differences are such that they don't alter the
> meanings. The Shabads in So Dar, So Purakh and
> Sohila cluster are Nitnem Shabads and these
> Shabads are also repeated again in Gurbani in
> their respective Raags.
>
> The reason for this is known to Guru Sahib alone
> but we can only conjecture. I think, when the same
> Shabad of Gurbani comes to Guru Sahib twice from
> Sachkhand, it comes slightly altered to
> distinguish the two separate occurrence of
> manifestation of Dhur kee Baani.
>
> Rest Guru Sahib knows better.
>
> Daas,
> Kulbir Singh

dhanvaad bhaisahebjee,

a bit more help would be appreciated...

could u plz give details and elaborate on all the 3 clusters of so dar, so purak, sohela saab,,,like what angs they are on in shri guru granth sahebjee..

would that also mean that paath we do in nitnem would not necesary be exactly like in shri guru granth sahebjee like the kirtan sohela sahib pauree...

sry am not doubting but just lookin at clarificaiton..

bhulchuk maaf..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login