ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to keep sarbloh rehat?

Posted by paramvirsingh91 
How to keep sarbloh rehat?
September 20, 2011 11:10AM
And what to do when your in sangat and you have no choice rather eating in steel or plastic?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: How to keep sarbloh rehat?
September 20, 2011 01:09PM
One should not eat. It not going to harm us if we don't eat for a few hours or days even.
When we go to Sangat for Keertan we should go for Lahaa and not think about going to eat.

We should make our self strong with Naam & Bani so we don't think about food. I know Gursikhs who do travel now and again for work so eating tends to become a probably, but they get through with Fruit and Water.

Always eat before you go anywhere.

The Main Bibek is Naam, if we are doing Naam Abhyass at Amritvela and throughout the day. Little things like starving a bit don't concern ones mind or body.

Bhul Chuk Maafi.

Sree Guru Sahib jee and others know better.
Veer Ji but my situation is really tough because I can stay hungry with Guru jis kirpa but the thing is we do sangat in a house and they are really loving people gursikhs naam abhaysis and they don't let us singhs go without having langar and I can't say anything to them there old and very kirpa vale..but I can sure avoid eating at gurdwara sahib but I don't know what to do with the jatha
September 21, 2011 06:18AM
If they are gursikhs of Akand keertani jatha, then it should be easier to explain to them what bibek is, I've always found explaining it t jatha singhs a lot easier. If they are gursikhs not in the jatha then it might be harder but sit down with them and explain to them what bibek rehit is, explain to them the puratan Maryada of serving langar in in sarbloh. Remember to be kind and patient because they will question you, answer all their questions with patience and a calm mind.

Daas

Binodh Singh
They are taksli our jatheydar but I don't even know if they have sarbloh pandey..but they have steel plates would that work veer Ji? And veer Ji is it also okay to bring breads,protein bars and other snaks like that from outside stores and eat them at home or just eat roti dal sabji of home plus my parents are not amritdhari yet but I tell my mother to do simran or path when making food..
September 27, 2011 08:51AM
If you are keeping Sarbloh Bibek rehit than you have no choice but to eat in sarbloh bhandey, steel is not an option and definitely not plastic. As for buying bread from outside, bibek rehits instills gurmukhs to make their food from scratch, buying store bought bread isn't acceptable for even gurmukhs who don't practice sarbloh bibek rehit. Almost every brand of bread sold in stores have eggs in them ( not all of them stat it outright but are under a longer more fancy name). As for eating from your parents, if they are not amritdhari then you will have to explain to them that you can't eat from them, it is a Hukam from guru jee that a gursikh should only eat from the hands of another gursikh

Hope this helped

Daas
Binodh Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login