ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On Consuming parshaad from elsewhere

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
IkOngkarShriVahigurooJiKiFateh. VahiguroojikaKhalsa VahigurooJikiFateh!! Dass recently was pondering over this issue when he saw a Singhni reluctantly consuming prashaad from a Hindu temple brought to her by her Hindu friend. On interrogation, she replied that it is OK to do so as all deities are the roop of Akaal Purukh. Later did I realise that she believed in the 'sanatan concept of Sikhism'. But the thing that remained in my mind was that: is it ok to consume prashaad from non sikh worship centres? My mann did not go with her vichaar but still it forced me to put forwrd it to some soojhvaan gursikhs. Please elaborate and illuminate dass with some rehitnamay and other points of information.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Gursikhs who follow Guru Sahib's Rehit naturally keep dietary Bibek i.e. eat only from hands of Tyaar bar Tyaar Amritdhari Gursikhs; therefore, they will naturally not consume Parshaad from a Mandir. Otherwise too, to eat Parshaad offered to other deities is totally contrary to Gurmat.

Gurmat does not recognize anyone other than Vaheguru as worthy of worship. So her argument that all deities are forms of Vaheguru does not hold. If all deities are forms of Vaheguru, then why don't they all stop worshiping the forms of Vaheguru and instead, just worship the original Deity - Vaheguru?

Kulbir Singh
WJKK WJKF,KHALSA JIO, dass thought was taking parshad by gursikh from hindu temple but also from gurdwara,which was bring by person from parshad counter was out of maryada. bhul chuk muaf dasin dass
IkOngkarShriVahigurooJiKiFateh

PYARE harshsingh jeo,
Could you please elaborate your point stating, "but also from gurdwara,which was bring by person from parshad counter was out of maryada". How does it become out of maryada in the case of Gurdwara.
Sorry for ignorance.
Blul chuk khima!
gurvitohkurbaan
IkOngkarShriVahigurooJiKiFateh

PYARE harshsingh jeo,
Could you please elaborate your point stating, "but also from gurdwara,which was bring by person from parshad counter was out of maryada". How does it become out of maryada in the case of Gurdwara.
Sorry for ignorance.
Blul chuk khima!

I think what Bhai Harsh Singh jee meant was that the Maryada of distributing Degh is in the Presence of Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee Mahaaraaj, after Ardaas, Bhog and HukamNaamaa Sahib has been taken. The Degh is also prepared and distributed by tyaar bar tyaar rehivaan Gursikhs. Degh is not an off-the-counter drug, that whenever you feel like, just go up to the counter and get degh. Such substance can not be classified as "degh". Just my intrepretation of what he might want to say.
VJKK VJKF

Taking prashads from a hindu temple is one thing, it is impossible for Bibeki singhs to take Dheg from even gurduwara's nowadays sad smiley sad smiley

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
It actually is impossible cause at most gurudwaras in the west they don't keep Maryada and I've even seen monay giving out parshad
wjkk wjkf,BHAI JASPREET SINGH JI well discribed about maryada.Because dass saw even in SHRI DARBAR SAHIB DEGH taken from parshad counter not only from gursikh but also by smoker, hairless person,drug addicter to GURU JI darbar and their sewadar bhet the kirpan hurriely no any maryada and bring near DARSHNI DEHODI distibute to sangat this are not maryada. BHUL CHUKMUAF JI DASSIN DASS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login