Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Mystic Warrior

Posted by Jagjit Singh 
The Mystic Warrior
May 09, 2011 03:24PM
THE MYSTIC WARRIOR

Midnight I awaken to amrit vela with my Guru ji

Do ishnaan feeling the cool water in my kesh as the warm Naam inside feels warms me, illuminating my surroundings

The amazing pangs of the Gurshabad race in heart as  with every Saans the Gurmantar is repeated. In and out with each and every breath the pangs of Waheguru glow inside , the blood is racing around my body but the glow has a complete calmness in the mind, as I float above the fields, drifting in his immense glory. Pyar shines out of my soul, and my eyes lay there helplessly on the floor. All I see is Pyar, all I see is Sach.

The day of the battle has come. In front of me stands the enemies of my Guru, Mere Shahen Shah. Some people say to me that I should feel scared. But why is that? Fear of death is something I do not recognise. What is there to be afraid of? I am not going to go before the Dharam Raj, the jamdhoots are not coming for me, I am not going into the cycle of death. I am a Khalsa, I died the day I took Amrit. I left all my Aaases and Ommedas . I wanted no power or mukti, but to place my head at the charan of my Sahib. It is his service that my life, body and soul is.  All I see, all I recognise is the sweet taste of that Amrit awaiting me there on the battlefield. I can taste it now as I did earlier in the Darbar sahib. I need more, every pore on my body pines. I thirst for more. I see it there.

I run forward, in front of me I see a man, in his heart I see hatred, but I think he looks amazing, my heart fills with warm love for him. As I run towards him, he runs towards me. His snarls,  his face is a vision of his heart. His heart wants to kill me, cut me bit by bit, hack me down, I look at his face, and the terrible thoughts in his mind and heart, the Krodh is so strong in him, but my heart wants to embrace him. Pyar is running forward, carrying my body.

We approach and clash, I do not know what is happening my body arms, legs, and Shasters are moving automatically, as instinct. My mind is still floating, so gentle, as a feather floating in the air. My Shaster is moving quick like lightning, but my mind is gentle and sublime. Waheguru, Waheguru is vibrating all around, pounding in my heart, the high pitches of the Gurmanter tingle in my ears. All around I see Amrit, my body is running forwards, with my Shaster clearing the way, my body pining for that Amrit, that true blessing of my Guru Ji.

Suddenly everything stops, I look around. My mind awakens everything is clear. I hear bole so nihal sat siri akal everywhere.   The realisation is too much, I fall on my knees, tears rolling out of my eyes. Once again I have missed my chance of gaining that Amrit. I must not have been Dhriir enough. Once again I have not been worthy of that true blessing. Once again I not achieved Shaheedi. The battle has been won. The Guru ji`s enemies have defeated. My mind pining, the tears are uncontrollable, when will I become worthy.  When will I be able to call myself a Sikh of my Guru Ji, one of his True Shaheeds.

Vaheguru ji ke khalsa, Vaheguru ji ke fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: The Mystic Warrior
May 10, 2011 05:52AM
smiling smiley
May 10, 2011 06:18AM
Wonderful Bhai Jagjit Singh ji!
May 10, 2011 07:51AM
Bhai Jagjit Singh jeeo, these are deep thoughts. For the benefit of some of us slow-learners please explain who the enemy in the story is and why did the Singh lose even though he had Amrit Naam vibrations and everything.

Kulbir Singh
May 10, 2011 01:58PM
The vision is from the times of Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji....

The enemy are the Moghuls and Hill rajas.....

The Singh did not lose.... he won and as he fought on the battle stopped...The forces of the Khalsa were victorious....

However despite this... the Gursikh was so amazing that he visioned that Amrit bata which was his opportunity of Shahheedee, he saw that light, but only a sneak peak.... to his distress he survived the battle.

The moral is - do we have Pyass (thirst) for Shaheedee? If our time came like that, would we be happy to still be alive, or would be yearn for Shaheedee?

The inevitability of life is that we will all die at some point. What a waste to leave this world because of a heart attack or of just old age....is not the most beautiful death to die on the battlefield for forces of the Guru Khalsa Panth......

Hence the Gursikh is crying out of his yearning for such a death. He pines that it must be that he is not dhriir enough. He questions that he needs to jaap more Naam and Bani so that soon he may reach that coveted status - A Shaheed Singh. Such a blessing is only attained by the few who are drenched in Naam, Daan, Ishnaan
Jagjit Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The moral is - do we have Pyass (thirst) for
> Shaheedee? If our time came like that, would we be
> happy to still be alive, or would be yearn for
> Shaheedee?
>

Many Singhs claim that bani in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib JI is " Shaheed Da Bani".Its no wonder
the British try to ban this bani.
May 11, 2011 10:41PM
Sukhdeep Singh Ji,

Can you please provide any historical references to you assertion that the British tried to ban Sri Dasam Bani?

Interestingly, pro-Kala Afghanis state just the opposite - that Sri Dasam Ban was the invention of the British - yet they can not provide an iota of evidence to support that claim.

I was curious what you based your claim on?

- Navjot Singh
Before the British their was parkaash of Sri Dasam Granth
Before the British there was no doubts what 5 banis are in Amrit Sanchar
British came and this all changed

conclusion- British changed tried to remove any elements
that made the SInghs shasterDhari justice fighting SInghs.
Ex- They changed 3 foot Sri Sahib ( Sarab Loh), and 12 inch kirpan into
6 inch still dagger. They then banned this dagger during the Arms act.
I meant to say steel not still
In regards to Historical references refer to Bansvalinama and
Bhai Desa Singh Jis rehatnama both mention Sri Dasam Granth
as an integral part of Guru Sahibs Darbar. Both sources
were written well before British Raj.
Sorry for not being clear in my previous post I did not explain significance of the sources
I cited as I wrote in a rush.

In Bansvalinama, there is mention that some Singhs approached Guru Sahib after Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Jis
shaheedi. They told GUru Sahib, if it pleases you then we will make one granth meaning they would include the writings of Guru Gobind Gobind SIngh Jee to Sri Guru Granth Sahib JI .Guru Sahib replied,
ਆਦਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ । ਇਹ ਅਸਾਡੀ ਹੈ ਖੇਡ, ਜੁਦਾ ਰਹੇ ਮਨ ਮੰਥ Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Aad Guru, while Sri Dasam Granth Ji is Gurus " Khel" ( play) and both should be kept seperate. . This did not mean there was no respect to the pothis of Sri Dasam Granth it simply meant one cannot change Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which was compiled by Aaad Guru ( Guru Parmeshar)

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji was originally complied by Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji. The Singhs did not know what to do with this compliation; whether they should keep it as one granth or keep it as seperate volumes as Guru Sahib wrote them. Bhai Mehtab Singh Ji and Bhai Sukha SIngh Ji decided if they returned back with dushtman Massa Ranghars head then they would take it as a good omen to keep Sri Dasam Granth as a single volume.

How do we know Guru Sahib actually ever approved this granth. Guru Sahib gave darshan to Bhai Desa Singh Ji ( shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Jis grandson) in his dream while Bhai Desa Ji was resting from a yatra to Patna Sahib ( birth place of 10thking) . Guru Sahib told Bhai Desa Singh Ji the exact order of banis in Sri Dasam Granth according to order he recited them.
ਸੁਨਹੁ ਸਿੰਘ ਇਕ ਬਚਨ ਹਮਾਰਾ। ਪ੍ਰਥਮੇ ਹਮ ਨੇ ਜਾਪੁ ਉਚਾਰਾ।
ਪੁਨ ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਜੋ ਕਹੀ। ਬੇਦ ਸਮਾਨ ਪਾਠ ਜੋ ਅਹੀ।
ਪੁਨ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕ ਬਨਵਾਯੋ। ਸੋਢਿ ਬੰਧ ਜਹ ਕਤਾ ਸੁਹਾਯੋ।
ਪੁਨ ਕੋ ਚੰਡੀ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਣਾਏ। ਅਮਤਰ ਕੇ ਸਭ ਕਬਿ ਮਨ ਭਏ।
ਗਯਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਬੋਧ ਹਮ ਕਹਾ। ਜਸ ਪਾਠ ਕਰ ਹਰਿ ਪਦ ਲਹਾ।
ਪੁਨ ਚੌਬੀਸ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਕਹਾਨੀ। ਬਰਨਨ ਕਰਾ ਸਮਝੀ ਸਭ ਗਯਾਨੰ।
ਦੱਤਾਤ੍ਰੇਯਾ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੁਨਾਏ। ਪੁਨ ਬਚਿਤਰ ਬਖਯਾਨ ਬਨਾਏ।
ਤ੍ਰਿਨ ਕੋ ਭੀ ਇਕ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਬਖਾਨਾ। ਪੜ੍ਹੇ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਸੇ ਹੋਇ ਸਯਾਨਾ।
ਸ਼ਬਦ ਹਜ਼ਾਰੇ ਕੇ ਸੁਖਦਾਈ। ਸਬੈ ਨ੍ਰਿਪਨ ਕੀ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਨਾਈ।ਜੋ ਮੈਂ ਹਿਤ ਕਰਿ ਬਰਨ ਸਵਾਰੀ। ਪੁਨ ਕਹ ਗਤ ਨ ਕਹੂੰ ਉਚਾਰੀ।
ਚਾਰ ਸੈ ਚਾਰ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਨਾਏ ਜਹਾਂ ਜੁਣਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਛਲ ਦਿਖਰਾਏ।

Bhai Desa Singh Ji rehatnama

. in addition he gave the following Hukum in which one should select and memroize banis from " both granths"
ਦੁਹੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਮੈਂ ਬਾਣੀ ਜੋਈ॥ ਚੁੰਨ ਚੁੰਨ ਕੰਠ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਤ ਸੋਈ॥
Bhai Desa Singh Ji rehatnama

So it is evident that Sri Dasam Granth is a granth that has been accepeted by Guru Sahib and the panth. Out of fear, the British challanged its authneticty with the help of their " loyal Sikhs"
May 12, 2011 01:34PM
Sukhdeep Singh Ji,

I think you are misunderstanding my question. I am just asking for references that document that the British tried to ban Sri Dasam Bani.
This is not a debate of Sri Dasam Bani validity or it's Parkash, but there seems to be a constant accusation on many youth forums that the British was responsible for banning Sri Dasam Bani, and for shortening Nitnem.

I have yet to seen any credible historical evidence in support of these assertions.

My question to you is: Do you have any historical references that mention the British government actively involved in the banning of Sri Dasam Bani?
Bhai Navjot Singh Jeeo,

Perhaps the word "ban" was a poor choice of words on my behalf. I initially said British try to ban this bani in the context that this bir ras bani was a threat to their rule. Before the British came, reverence was given to Shasters, and Dasam Bani was constantly recited. There is not a shadow of doubt that the British were Co- Conspirators in discrediting this bani.

I dont think this bani or granth was ever banned; instead, the bani was slowly discredited. When reading the literature of Singh Sabha Movement you will notice the people defending this bani never defend the granth but instead defend the contents of this granth, and it often seems that they defend the bani with the main point being the contents of this granth have no relation to Hindu text or Hindu theology.

There can only be two groups responsible for causing confusion about Sri Dasam Granth. The British and/or the Sanatist ( Hindu Mahants) . Both groups wanted to pacify the Sikhs and thus both groups are equally responsible in discrediting this bani.
May 12, 2011 04:00PM
Wonderful Bhai Jagjit Singh ji!

Sukhdeep Singh - You should start a new thread and express your views there. You have taken Bhai Jagjit Singh ji's creative story to a different direction.
May 12, 2011 07:43PM
Beautiful!! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login