Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sarabh Loh Bibek

Posted by gurujisdaughter 
Sarabh Loh Bibek
February 23, 2013 11:35PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Can anybody please provide an explanation to me about what the full bibek is?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sarabh Loh Bibek
February 25, 2013 08:11AM
Please refer to this index of subjects search for Sarbloh Bibek. A lot of discussion has taken place on this subject.

[gurmatbibek.com]

Kulbir Singh
February 26, 2013 01:35AM
Bhai Sahib Kulbir Singh Jeeo can you or some other Singh or Singhnia share with me on how make New Sarbloh Bhandey Tyar-Bar-Tyar for cooking.

With the apaar bakshish of Satguru Jee, daas has finally got access to New Sarbloh Bhandey. The problem here is Not with Washing the Bhandey. I can scrub them and make them shining.

The problem comes while cooking. While cooking in 13 inch diameter Sarbloh Bata some kind of black lusture is coming out and turning the cooked food into blackish. Also, I cannot keep the cooked food in Sarbloh Bhandey (i.e. the Bata in which it is cooked) for long time (say 2 hour of more) because by that time black lustre takes over and throws some kind of weird smell. Are these things normal with New Sarbloh Bhandey ?

Daas has got Sarbloh Bhandey from Damdami Taksal Shop (Mehta / Bhindrawale, the shop opp. to Gulati Tailor) which is near Darbar Sahib Complex, Amritsar. So, I am assuming the Sarbloh Bhandey is 100% authentic.

Daas has been out of home for studies and now job and had been cooking in Steel Bhandey for long time and is proven cook winking smiley So cooking pattern is not to be blamed.

Back in my pind (village), I found lot of sand and had scrubbed off all the rust and made Sarbloh Bhandey shining. In city it is difficult to find sand so I am washing the Bhandey with regular Liquid Dish Wash and iron-wire-scrubber. Soon after washing, I dry out the Bhandey with clean dry cloth and never let Bhandey to be wet for long time to dry out naturally by air.

Finally, I am clueless where the things are going wrong. It will be great help is you may shed some light on making New Sarbloh Bhandey Tyar-Bar-Tyar for cooking.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
February 27, 2013 10:24AM
Try Waheguru Simran while cooking? I transfer my cooked food soon after cooked to non-sarbloh, then eat in sarbloh bowl.
Also, squeezing some lemon juice in food (if above does not prevent black discharge) might help?
March 02, 2013 10:41PM
Thank you for the responses!
March 04, 2013 07:55AM

The problem comes while cooking. While cooking in 13 inch diameter Sarbloh Bata some kind of black lusture is coming out and turning the cooked food into blackish. Also, I cannot keep the cooked food in Sarbloh Bhandey (i.e. the Bata in which it is cooked) for long time (say 2 hour of more) because by that time black lustre takes over and throws some kind of weird smell. Are these things normal with New Sarbloh Bhandey ?

The Sarbloh utensils give the Tatt of Sarbloh to the food cooked in it and for this reason some foods e.g. Daal etc. get darker than the one cooked in worldly utensils. This is normal for Gursikhs.

After cooking, many Gursikhs take food out of Sarbloh and store it in a utensil that is neutral i.e. does not give its Tatt to the food. Some of the neutral utensils are traditionally of clay or cheeni, or even glass but many Gursikhs also take food out in stainless steel for storage purpose. When it's time to eat this stored food, it's again placed in Sarbloh utensils if it requires heating or put straight into Sarbloh Baata or Thaali, for eating.

The Sarblohi Gursikh must cook, heat and eat food in Sarbloh but for long term, food can be kept in a neutral Dhaat utensil.

Everyone can't be Sarblohi. Some people don't like the taste and they hesitate from being Sarblohi but fortunate ones, always love the taste of Sarbloh cooked food.

Kulbir Singh
March 06, 2013 05:47AM
ks
I transfer my cooked food soon after cooked to non-sarbloh, then eat in sarbloh bowl.
Also, squeezing some lemon juice in food (if above does not prevent black discharge) might help?

Thanks KS Jeeo, I called up my Mom and she too gave similar advice smiling smiley

Kulbir Singh
The Sarblohi Gursikh must cook, heat and eat food in Sarbloh but for long term, food can be kept in a neutral Dhaat utensil.

Bahut Bahut Dhanwaad Bhai Sahib for the useful advice. I have started transfering cooked food to Stainless Steel but soon will find out Cheeni Miti or Glass utensil to store it.

After 2 ardaas bhandeys were all set cool smiley

Another thought which Guru Maharaaj put in my brain was that I need not scrub sarbloh bhandey too much to make it shining like mirror as I do not need to see my face in it but cook food and eat in it. Normal washing makes it perfectly fine and now lusture is not coming out.

Kulbir Singh
Everyone can't be Sarblohi.

That is true. Guru Maharaaj has tested my paitence, yearning and finally done Nadar of Sarbloh.
Now, Bhandey are in Chardi Kala.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
March 06, 2013 05:44PM
thanks goes to Waheguru, Jaskirat bethey jismiling smiley

So food cannot be heated in non-sarbloh in microwave prior to eating ji?
Bhul chuk muaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login