ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TSA to allow small knives on airplanes

Posted by GurmanSingh 
For those who thought there was little hope of Kirpans ever being allowed on planes, we have just got one step closer with this new rule implemented by the TSA. The new rule would allow blades up to 2 1/4 inches on planes. The TSA decided to change their rule based on the large number of passengers who were bringing small pcket knives on planes. With enough complaints a change was made and i hope this leads to a flexibility with allowing Kirpans as well. Just a few more inches and the rule would make Kirpans allowable as well. With the increase in technology, and inability to open cockpit doors, having any sort of weapon is useless because the plane can never be hijacked. Plus factor in the notion that Kirpans can be made as dull as butter knives than I think there is a good argument to persuade the TSA that Kirpans too should be allowed on planes.

[swampland.time.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Great news! I would say not it's turn of influential Sikh organizations like Sikh Coalition, United Sikhs and WSO to do their act. Victory is in sight now.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login