ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Evolution & Sikhi

Posted by Pasri Ath Ghani 
Re: Evolution & Sikhi
April 16, 2011 12:08PM
I too was wonder struck and taken aback when I read ns jee's response. The translation he gives if way off in comparison to what Guru Sahib is actually saying. I wonder why he has not responded since then.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
April 18, 2011 11:26AM
WJKK WJKF

Bhai Kulbir Singh jeeo

I mentioned - talk of as below of evolutionary processes.

"considering the amount of shabads that talk of evolution , matter,and Bhai Gurdas Jee's varran talk of nature and how one is to learn from those laws."

Since not many are bothered to read the book or delve deeper into evolution theories and others is it hardly any point continuing this debate.

I'm certianly sure Kublir Singh Jeeo you know where I'm coming from, as you again as in other threads take my comments out of context..

If you care to read -or actually download the book these are the refernces inside it which talk of evolution

reference which talk about evolution where Gurbani agrees and disagree are clearly set out, for example on agreement is on
page 75 -- on part of species having potential for evolution within their own species.

Chapter 9 discusses - how far ahead the Guru's were from evoloution theoriests - about 5 centuries!!!

Talk of Bhai Gurdas Jees; Varn and laws of nature and how man has ignored - on page 152 even a verse from Bhai Nand Lal confirms too page 153

Page 53 - process of evolution clearly explained as per SGGS panna 1034 - some 48 lines.

Modern science is accepting SGGS version slowly and surely and most probably will continue to do so.

These kind of topics require much deeper understanding then just resorting to man coming from bandars and monkeys- I was aware of that - thanks for reminding me anyway.
April 18, 2011 11:42AM

I mentioned - talk of as below of evolutionary processes.

But, NS jeeo, not a single Shabad talks (even mentions or alludes to this theory) about Darwin's theory of evolution that involves evolving from one life-form to another one e.g. from Baandars to humans.

Kulbir Singh
April 18, 2011 12:12PM
WJKK WJJF

AGREED - Kulbir Singh Jeeo.
April 18, 2011 12:26PM
ns jee, if you knew all along that there is not a single shabad in gurbani that supports the evolution theory, then why where you making such a fuss before trying to prove the evolution theory. I myself have studied the evolution theory, and I can tell you it has simply no connection with Sikhi. The evolution theory suggests species are able to develop on their own, which is absurd if we think about it. Waheguru manifested and created all the beings. He produces everything and everybody. In Anand Sahib, we read everyday:

ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਮਾਤਾ ਆਪੇ ਪਿਤਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਜੀਉ ਉਪਾਇ ਜਗਤੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ॥

I would request to Admins to now close the topic. Thank you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.