ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question of LOVE

Posted by ns 
Question of LOVE
June 30, 2011 02:01PM
Waheguru ji K Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

We're a manifest of almighty hiimself -- is it wrong to love oneself ?

do we not do this anyway especially when we think we're cool -- is this wrong ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Question of LOVE
July 16, 2011 06:15PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

ns ji, this is just my opinion, but first answer that comes to my mind, is... having love for all HIS creation is lovin HIM, since we are HIS creation, we do love ourselves. that's why we take care of ourselves, keep up with hygeine, do not harm our bodies, degrade it or anything. BUT we're mere humans, we dont understand the difference between love and ego when it comes to this case. if we love ourselves, it should be because we love HIM first and foremost. most of us do love ourselves, but that's not love, its ego...which blinds us.

i dont know if that helps or not, but that's just what i think, and wanted to include my input.

mahraj ji speaks to us. currently the shabad i am listening to
"aap thiaag sharnee pavaaan."
also i think if we accept that there is no ME for us to love, just HIM, then all our love is HIS and for HIM. =)

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
July 17, 2011 11:48AM
To try to create the type of a man or a woman, out of ourselves, which is desired by GURU SAHIB is the manifestation of our love for ourselves. We must have it. We should pray to have this love of self.

Certainly ego is different from the love we are talking about. Those who love their selves, will try to kill the ego.

This love is not limited to our physical self. That goes deeper.
July 18, 2011 08:48PM
Waheguru ji K Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Thanks for the posts MB Singh Jeeo and Japnaam jeeo -

Love conquers all as they say -- however love without ego is the hardest of all. What helps here - what kind of thinking helps focus here ? daily in everyday life?

so easy to confuse love - as one might be just boosting ones ego like myself lost totally confused smiley
July 19, 2011 09:26AM
I can not imagine, how loving oneself boosts ego. Having ego, is a problem or a disease, which shows that we are not in love with our real inner self. Ego is something related with our body. I will certainly like to drop all ego, if I want to have a clear view of myself.

As an artist makes a painting with devotion, so we have to create "a sikh" out of ourselves as an artist, from our own flesh and soul, with sincere efforts. No body else is going to help us in our personal efforts. If Veer Kulbir Singh Ji is enjoying AMRIT WELA, that is limited to him. His pursuits are of no help to me unless I myself follow him. And until and unless, I am deeply in love with myself, I will avoid getting up at Amrit Wela.

Bhagat Dhana Ji had one option with him, to just listen to the stories of other Bhagats and be satisfied, as the majority does. But it is love for oneself, that makes him feel important and get ready to experience all that on him.

When Guru Sahib does kirpa on one, he realizes his true self and feels how invaluable his life is and what to do with it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login