ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost and confused

Posted by Theguptone 
Lost and confused
February 19, 2011 07:32PM
Daas has to go pesh about some galtia but I have hit a certain block I was hoping Gurmukhs could help with. I was thinking in my mind about maryada in all places and got thinking that I was worried about most places maryada and so I'm really confused as to where to pesh now. I recieved amrit at a rainsabai originally and only wish to pesh in similar settings, however even within this there are variations by country, by internal unit etc. what is the solution to this problem?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Lost and confused
February 19, 2011 08:06PM
In my humble opinion,

The best place to get Pesh or take Amrit is at an Akhand Keertanee Jatha Smagam in Punjab. There is a Rainsabaee Keertan and Amrit Sinchaar on the last saturday of every month in Sri Amritsar Sahib. With Guru Sahib's kirpa, full maryada is followed at these Amrit Sinchaars and only tyar bar tyar, chardikala gursikhs do sevaa at these Amrit Sinchaar.
February 19, 2011 08:07PM
For me, it was through veechar with Gursikhs who I had full faith and trust in that I was able to began to develop an idea in my mind of what the true, original rehits are.
Most of the ideas of these gursikhs have been highly influenced by the writings of Bhai Randhir Singh, whose books have helped preserved the precious maryadas which so many others have made alterations to through their manmat-based thinking. Many consider the Akhand Keertani Jatha to be followers of Bhai Sahib. They despise the AKJ because they feel that they mindlessly follow an individual rather than Guru Sahib. But if any of them were to read Bhai Sahib's writings, they would see that his understanding of gurmat is tatt, his points are flawless, and most of all, his love for Guru Sahib is exponential.
Therefore, my recommendation is to get pesh within Jatha. Sometimes, even within the AKJ, manmat-based thinking will sneak into amrit sanchars, and the Panj Pyarey themselves will tell you things which deviate from rehit. For instance, often, they will tell you it's not necessary to keep sarbloh bibek. This isn't right. I recommend you read articles available on this website, continue to ask questions on this forum, and to do veechar with Gursikhs as much as possible.
Love for naam and Akaal Purakh will always guide you in the right direction.

Bhul chuk maaf
February 19, 2011 08:15PM
But if you're already planning to pesh within Jatha anyways, then remember that there's only one maryada of Guru Sahib
And when you've done your research and start doing parchaar, you can help this moorakh too, kyon ke main vee hamesha confused reindhee ah smiling smiley
February 20, 2011 04:30AM
Yes, India would be the best place.Try contacting the singhs here to know when the next smagam is:

[www.akhandkirtanijatha.org]

Maryada is very strict here and very abhiyaasi gurmukhs are choosen . A Singh who has peshed here has shared with dass, that since very strict rehitvaan abhiyasi gurmukhs do seva here , valuable teachings are imparted to abhilahkis to lead an abhiyasi jeevan.

Another will be bibeksar.

Preetam Singh
In my humble opinion,

The best place to get Pesh or take Amrit is at an Akhand Keertanee Jatha Smagam in Punjab. There is a Rainsabaee Keertan and Amrit Sinchaar on the last saturday of every month in Sri Amritsar Sahib. With Guru Sahib's kirpa, full maryada is followed at these Amrit Sinchaars and only tyar bar tyar, chardikala gursikhs do sevaa at these Amrit Sinchaar.

If you were refering to the Amrit Sanchar at Bibeksar Sahib. It's not necessary the amrit sanchar will take place every month.
We have to notify the SInghs earlier at the langgar hall. If it is a re-pesh from an abhilakhi, Amrit wont be prepared. Amrit will only be prepared if there is a new abhilakhi. So, if there is a new abhilakhi then amrit will be prepared and others can re-pesh also. Otherwise, no amrit sanchar.
Confirmed the info from a singh from Amritsar, myself.

Yes, sarbloh bibek is made compulsory here also but not for Delhi smagam amrit sanchars as dass has heard.

hope that helped.

Chota veer
February 20, 2011 05:25AM
Those who Drirr Amrit Naam, include Keski as Kakkar and are serious in the selection of Sewadaars for Panj Pyare di Sewa; in what so ever country they are; should be approached for PESHI. Delay and confusion should be avoided.
February 20, 2011 06:06AM
Thank you for your replies gurmukho, can anyone please advise if in Amrit Sanchars organised by akj india they mention Raagmala at all?
February 20, 2011 06:22AM
At any akj-organized amrit sanchar, they will tell you that raagmala is not bani.
February 20, 2011 07:23AM
Penjeeo this was not said to me about Raagmala in amrit sanchar at akj uk samagam
February 20, 2011 07:29AM
I have heard that the Amrit sanchars by the UK jatha are a little relaxed compared to the mainstream jatha ones. Nonetheless, AKJ UK do not believe in Raag Mala for sure as doesn't the entire AKJ.
H.S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login