ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ekta

Posted by Tarun Singh 
Ekta
January 09, 2011 09:12PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

There's way too much hatred for jathebandis whose views are slightly different from the others' and I've noticed that, that has started creeping up on this forum as well.

One of the people that I wish I could be 1/100th of is Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji - someone who has impacted us all and pretty much the entire panth and every jathebandi respects - Taksali Singhs I talk to remark about Bhai Sahib's willingness to read Raagamala, his doing the longer Chaupai etc as examples when today people will jump down another's throat during paaht if someone reads 27 paurian instead of 25 during chaupai. Wasn't it Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh Ji that would always wait until the end of paaht to discuss differences in understanding of viakran/ucharan in a respectful manner?

It is sad that although Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji called Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh Ji a Sant and although Sant Jarnail Singh Ji said "there are two dharmic jathebandis, DDT and AKJ" that amongst Sikhs today, especially the youth that pyaar seems to be diminishing especially when people like me have not one iota of kamaee compared to the Gursikhs mentioned above.

I was hoping to create this thread in order share stories of panthic ekta and how Gursikhs like the ones above and many others have and continue exemplify this ekta so maybe it can be instilled in the lives of moorakhs like me

Bhul Chuk Muaf Karni,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Ekta
January 10, 2011 06:17AM
Vaheguroo...interesting topic you have brought up, and we shouldn't let small differences separate the fact that we share one common goal, and one common Guru.

I hate to play devils advocate though for a second, I have never heard of Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh willingly read Rag Mala, anytime Bhai Sahib holds an akkhand path for a family who believes in Rag Mala, he will stay in the room but will never read after Mundavani from what I've been told.

Nonetheless, I see the point your trying to make here, Ekta is a must to fight off the dhusts of the panth, and to prevent them from spreading propaganda against Sikhi. However, I've noticed that even at an individual level, all jathebhandees have started to become weaker as a whole, especially with regards to rehit .Thus, If there are so many divisions and weaknesses in rehit in these Jathebhandees by themselves (I.E Akj, Taksal) then I think it will be hard to imagine them coming together to help fight a common cause.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji ki Fateh
January 10, 2011 01:22PM
I have also noticed this, jathebandis r fighting over small things like keski or kes.DOES IT REALLY MATTER!!!
i have tried to stay out of this garbage so i follow different rehats from different jathe bandis. I am going to take amrit from akj but i mostly follow taksali maryada the only taksali mryada that i really don't foolow is that i belive keski to be a kakkar, but i really don't care if some belives it to be keski or kes. we need to respect each other thats y the rss in india r so successful at changing sikhism its because we r fighting with each other so its easier for them. in canada its the same thing we have such a bad name in media because we keep on fighting with each other
January 10, 2011 02:19PM
wonderful idea for a topic

we should share as many stories as we can where gursikhs have shown each other pyaar.

daas would like to take this time to apologize if i have offended anyone on this forum. that is not my goal to hurt anyone.
anyone that knows me knows that you will always find me at any akj smagam within 5 hour driving from the vancouver area.

so if i have hurt anyone or if it seems that i have spoken badly about certain jathebandis please forgive me

but lets share these stories!!
January 10, 2011 02:52PM
interesting topic.

i agree that we should have love for fellow gursikhs. however, i also think it's ok to question anti-gurmat practices of various groups. that doesn't should have animosity with our brothers and sisters, however. respecting the individual doesn't mean we have to love the practices.

i guess my point is that ekta shouldn't stop us from examining various practices through the lens of gurmat.
January 10, 2011 04:08PM
We should always find a common ground with all human beings and creatures. God lives in everything.

Har tum meh jot dhari, Har bin avar na dekho koi...

Even if someone does the most horrible thing to you, the one way to get over the hurt or conflict is by remembering what Maharaj tells us that the Jot of Waheguru is in every being.
January 10, 2011 05:38PM
this is just a follow up from what gsingh has said,

daas also apologizes to all the singhs and singhni that daas has offended and any jathebandies or gursikhs of the khalsa panth. Daas never had the goal to offened anyone.

please forgive me,

plz share some stories!
January 10, 2011 06:59PM
That was an awesome gesture Gsingh and Gursevak jeeo. If all Gursikhs adopt such Nimrata and tolerance, then there is no doubt that our Panth can get truly united.

Kulbir Singh
January 10, 2011 07:10PM
I also want to take a moment and ask for a maafi from any Gursikh Veers Bhains who I may have offended in anyway. I hope Guru Jee gives all Sikh groups Panthic ekta.
January 10, 2011 07:42PM
ਕਬੀਰਾ ਜਹਾ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਤਹ ਧਰਮੁ ਹੈ ਜਹਾ ਝੂਠੁ ਤਹ ਪਾਪੁ ॥
Kabeer, where there is spiritual wisdom, there is righteousness and Dharma. Where there is falsehood, there is sin.

ਜਹਾ ਲੋਭੁ ਤਹ ਕਾਲੁ ਹੈ ਜਹਾ ਖਿਮਾ ਤਹ ਆਪਿ ॥੧੫੫॥
Where there is greed, there is death. Where there is forgiveness, there is God Himself. ||155||

Please forgive daas as well. I am not a Rehitvaan Gurmukh like any of you, and may have said many negative things on many instances, whether purposely or unknowingly, whether on this forum or elsewhere. Please forgive me.

- Mehtab Singh
January 11, 2011 08:44AM
vaheguruoo ji ka khalsa vaheguruoo ji ki fateh

i think we should stop saying that we are jatha singhs or taksali singhs or nanaksaria singhs etc. we should say apaa guru de i dont think that the gursikh in the past use to say hey iam a jatha singh or hey iam taksali

bakhi as u my nickname iam a paapi maaf kardeo if i said something anti gurmat

vaheguruoo ji ka khalsa vaheguruoo ji ki fateh
January 12, 2011 02:48AM
Tarun Singh Ji,

The reason why the Chardikalaa Singhs mentioned above had prem and respect for each other was that despite very minor differences of opinion they they had destroyed the falsehood of ego.

During an Akhand Paath Bhog, if one has to sit through the reading of Raagmala and they dont believe it is Gurbani, it is not going to affect them in anyway. What I have noticed is that some Singhs get up and leave confused smiley. Conversely if pro Raagmala Singhs have to attend a Bhog where the smapati is at Mundavni again it should be a non issue. No one has the right to say that Jatha Singhs are not Sikhs becaused they don't believe in it - that is ridiculous.

Most if not all the arguments stem from ego nothing else and yes there is no one with a bigger ego than me :-(
February 03, 2011 09:35PM
A Sakhi:
Once Bhai Amrik Singh Ji did seva at Akaal Takhat Sahib. Instead of reading the panth accepted Rehraas Sahib, he read the Sampooran Rehraas Sahib. The next day, when Sant Jarnail Singh Ji found out, he beat him up very bad and I think he said that it is not good to do anything to disturb ekta and to force your views on other people
I forgot the Sakhi as I heard it long ago and there might be mistakes.Sorry.
February 03, 2011 09:44PM
Also I must commend this site for having sakhis of/about/from Mahapurukhs/Sikhs from other factions. It was really inspiring to see writings about Bhai Veer Singh, from Se Kineyha, and about Sants from other jathebandia. It's really disheartening that one jathebandi doesn't talk about the kamaee of other gursikhs....I had never heard of Bhai Randhir Singh at gurudwara (until recently) and I still don't know much about Ishar Singh Ji Rara Sahib wale or other Nanaksar wale Mahapurukh.
February 04, 2011 07:04AM
Wahegurooo...

Just to touch one what Unjaan said, i have also noticed too, that some will get up and leave, and its has even come to that stage where not just in a Akand Paat but also in a kirten darbaar too!! Doesn’t this show ego within someone! As pointed out already despite the minor differences we should have respect for one another, we should use what unites us all, then what separates us, even our gurus sat among those who were from a completely different religion, and yet we can’t even sit next to one who follow the same path or have the same goal in life! We forget to learn from our gurus – instead we just follow a trend!

Bhul chuk muaf karni..

Gupt singhni
February 04, 2011 09:35AM
I personally respect DT veers for their simplicity in dress and thinking. They always seem to spend less time on their apperance as compared to AKJ singhs. Their DASTAAR is much more simple. They way they do kirtan is more simple than AKJ men. While working on the computer during a Kirtan programme, a young singh remarked that for him it is always difficult to do quick search of SHABADS, as AKJ kirtanias switch too often betweeen Shabads. I am saying all that, not to start new controversies. My purpose is to report my observations. I may be totally wrong. I wish, I could do a scientific survey on the education, rural vs urban background, nitnem level, political aspirations, economic status, occupation etc of people from different groups. It is always difficult to generalize though. It will be interesting to know, how our behaviours are influnced by different basic traits.
February 04, 2011 09:54AM
For EKTA, we must learn to respect each other. We should know that others are always better than us as a sikh. We should respect their committments, may be we disagree with them. If they read, they do it out of love. It is love which matters. If they do not read it, they are free to do it. It is again their love for the Guru.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Hove Ji
February 05, 2011 04:20AM
"WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE" KHALSA JIO when we remember this that KALGIDHAR PATSHAH make only and only khalsa panth not any jathebandi like akj,ddt,nanaksari etc.Then i think there are not any need left for ekta.Second about rehatmaryada, we all are querling that this maryada are right ,that maryada are right.Some asking that aSHRI AKAL TAKHATS maryada are right.But i says that we follow only that rehatmaryada which asking by our present GURU SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI not those which made by sikhs. If i say some false then GURU KHALSA pardon me. dasin dass
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login