ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

please take some time from your busy day to do ardaas and extra paath for Bibi Harkirin Kaur Khalsa. Bibi jee has been in hospital with liver failure after undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. Her condition is very serious.

Bibi jee has been instrumental in youth prachar in California and wherever she travels. She has inspired many young gursikhs with her love and kindness and support of their path to gursikhi.

please find it in your heart to give back a little for someone who has given so much of herself.

thank you.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
OK will do so!
I've heard she is an amazing bibi. Will keep her in my ardaas and ask sangat to do the same.
don't worry nothing will happen. I think you should do sukhmani sahib for her so she can get better.

I will do ardass for her.

daas,
khalsaji.
Sad news!!!!

daas,
khalsaji.
It's great loss. Daas had only chance of sharing Fateh during last year San Jose Smagam. Never had chance of her Sangat but as I heard she was a great inspirational Singhni Jee. May Guru Sahib grant this departed soul in His charan sharan and send more GurSikh Singhnis like her for the chardi kala of Panth.

With Regards,
Daas
JASJIT SINGH
Vaheguru!

Could someone please post pictures of Bibi jee and write a short biography or their memories of her?

Kulbir Singh
vaahiguroo

i can share some of her story, hopefully others can fill in the blanks.

bibi harkirin kaur khalsa was called to sikhi at a time when there were no white sikhs. before yogi jee spread sikhi in the west, there was bibi jee, one of the only women in america wearing a dastaar. she lived as a gursikh for 10 years before being blessed with amrit. she had been searching for years for amrit, but she had a particular condition. she knew that she must receive naam drirh at amrit sanchaar. so she went to gurdwaras all across america and canada asking about amrit, asking about naam. and everywhere she went, people kind of looked at her like she was crazy and said they didn't know what she was talking about (this was before there was much AKJ presence in north america- back in the '60s). but bibi jee knew she must get naam drirh, so she kept looking. finally she met some jatha gursikhs and asked about naam. they indicated that they knew exactly where she should go, and she was directed to an amrit sanchaar organized by bhai jeevan singh jee. when she presented herself before the panj, they asked her why she was there. they asked what she had done to deserve the blessing of amrit. they asked how many akhand paath she had listened to, and many other questions. she replied that she wasn't deserving, but had been living as a gursikh for 10 years already and knew she must have amrit. at first they said no. bibi jee told them if she was not blessed with amrit she would die. they sent her out and after some time discussing it, they called her back in. they agreed, bibi jee would be blessed with amrit that day.

bibi jee has been a huge inspiration to everyone she met, but especially to young singhneea. she used to wear several dastaars, one on top of the other, so that she could tie them on singhneea she met. whenever any young aspiring sikh was interested in gursikhi and faced difficulties in their family, she would talk to the family, explaining the benefits of gursikhi lifestyle, convincing the families to embrace their children's path. in some cases, the entire family would become gursikh after this.

i was only blessed to know bibi jee for a short time, but in the time i knew her, she had a huge impact on my life. she will always remain in my heart as a shining example of what a gurmukh should be.
Waheguru!
I had the opportunity to meet bibi ji last year at the California smaagam. She was one of the most chardi kala and thoughtful bibis I have EVER met. I remember one incident at smaagam when we were at someone's house and bibi ji had brought over a whole bunch of sweets that she made for the sangat. At one point she offered me some and I told her that I was diabetic and couldn't eat the food that she made because of the sugar content in it. Bibi ji apologized profusely for not being able to provide anything for me and promised me that the next time she saw me, she'd have something for me that I could actually eat. I just laughed it off and didn't think anything of it. The next day after kirtan, I was getting ready to leave when I heard bibi ji calling my name and running towards me with a bag in her hand. As she came up to me she told me that she always keeps her promises and handed me the bag. When I asked her what she meant, she said that she had made me a whole bunch of sugarless sweets so that I could still eat what everyone else had gotten the previous day, but actually eat it without all the sugar but with all the taste smiling smiley

It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Bibi ji and I barely even knew each other and had only exchanged a few Fatehs during the smaagam and yet, she still took the time and effort to do something so sweet for me. I'm sure she will truly be missed by all.
VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa! VaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

Guru Sahib blessed both my Singhnee and I with Bibi Harkirin Kaur's sangat for many years. She was by far one of the most ChardeeKalaa bibiaan I've ever met. She had many inspiring stories to share about her experiences with GurSikhs when I was just starting to learn about Sikhi. She, along with her jeevan-saathee, Bhai Jogendra Singh Jee "Khalsa Jee" were such a beautiful joRee.

Today I was blessed to be amongst sangat who gathered from near and far to be at Bibi Jee's side in the hospital when she passed away. The atmosphere was amazing. 15-20 GurSikhs japping "Vaaheguroo Vaaheguroo" with swaas-swaas as Bibi Jee took her last breaths, she too with Naam on her lips. Khalsa Jee was at her side, as has been the case for so many years.

Sangat gathered nearby for an evening keertan in hazooree of Guru Granth Sahib's pavitar laReevaar saroop afterwards. Again, the atmosphere was electrifying.

I hope to share some more stories about and photos of Bibi Jee in the near future.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa! VaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!
Tarnveer Singh
Waheguru ...........................

GURMUKH LAAHAA LAI GAYEEY.........................waheguru waheguru ......................................ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Amazing
Amazing Gurmukh Bibi jee. Thanks for sharing stories about her. Tarnveer Singh jeeo, please share more stories and memories about her.

If Guru Sahib wills, a separate section with inspirational stories about her, under Gurmat Literature section of this site, similar to Bhai Jagtar Singh jee, will be created for her. So everyone, please write your memories about her.

Now looking at her Tasveer (pic) I do remember having her Darshan a few times in Samagams during the1990s. Yes she was definitely a very Chardi Kala vaale Bibi jee.

It is very satisfying to hear that she left for Gurpuri amidst Gursikhs chanting Naam and Naam was on her lips while she left this world. Subhaan! Subhaan!

Kulbir Singh
Vahegurooooooooooo

gur isKI dw buJxw buiJ AbuiJ hovY lY iBKY]

gur sikhee dhaa bujhanaa bujh abujh hovai lai bhikhai||

The understanding of a Sikh of the Guru consists in the fact that even after having received the gifted alms (of Naam) and being fully knowledgeable, she/he considered him/herself as ignorant.

Dhan Guroo Dhan Guroo Pyare

Only got to say Gurfateh to Mata Ji last year what great fortune to at least meet her smiling smiley
Pasted from akj.org

Vaaheguroo jee kaa Khaalsaa! Vaaheguroo jee kee Fateh!!

Dhunn Guru! Dhunn Guru Ke Sikh!! A tiny bit dhunn of us for having had the fortune to have met such Gursikhs. The photo above captures Mata jee so well - always happy, a bit mischievous, but always centered around Naam. She could never have enough of the Guru, Guru...and just this Love, the Kamaayee, bestowed upon her powers to see the Undithi Duniyaa and much more that she didn't care for. Her focus remained Naam and sevaa of everyone, even animals!

Once on her way to work, she saw a dog badly injured due to a crash into a vehicle. Unlike many of us, Mata jee stopped her car, waved down another, and with help got the dog into her car. She drove straight to the Vet who was able to save the dog.

She cared for everyone. At Toronto samaagams, after the Divaan, she would visit homes and get those who rarely get a chance in Sangat, to do Keertan. My Dad always loved to sing Shabads at her prompting. On one visit, she sang "APUNE SEVAK KO KABHOO NAA BISAARO". The passion and melody in which Mata Jee sang the Shabad is etched in my memory. I pray to Guru Sahib to bless me with such Nishkaam Keertan sevaa of loving devotion as well.

Mata jee had unflinching faith in Guru Sahib. Never locked their doors, when in meditation she would lose all fear, all doubts...surrendered completely to Guru Sahib's will..to the extent that she could be driving with her eyes closed. I surely got nervous when I saw this on a busy highway.

I always felt blessed to receive her Naam thapraa after a Keertan program. After one program, she asked me delightfully, "Did you see them? So many Shaheed Singhs came to Keertan today." Ofcourse, I could just wonder.

There are many wondrous stories about Mata Jee that I am sure people will share across the Globe. The essence of Mata jee's Jeevan was Love, Mad love, singularly focused Love of Guru Sahib, Naam, Akal Purakh. Her Sarbloh pehra, ammritvelaas, humility, sevaa...all just came naturally in feeding and building her Love. Some of us get into this mode for a Keertan program or even for a Samaagam of few days....she never turned off. Life was a continuous day and night samaagam for her.

Please, please, let us know the details of her Bhog ceremony. I pray that her bhog ceremony brings Gursikhs together...so close..that they never separate again.

Vaaheguroo jee kaa Khaalsaa! Vaaheguroo jee kee Fateh!!
Harpreet Singh

Thread dedicated to Bibi ji: [www.akj.org]
The following Kirtan recording mentioned in the above post by Bhai Harpreet Singh can be found here: [www.akj.org]
It is sad some of us unfortunate ones, would not be able to attend Mata Ji's funeral.

I had the misfortune of not knowing who Mata Ji was!

May Guroo Sahib ji bless with the Jeevan that Mata ji possesed to forever remain in Guroo Sahib's jis Charan.

May we be blessed with the Charan Dhoorraa of such Gurmukh Jan!!!

Wahegurooo!!!!!!!!!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!! The news of Bibi Ji's akaal chalaana just left me speechless and incapable to react in any manner. Just last week, at a kirtan program here in Surrey, Canada, we did ardaas for Bibi Ji hoping she would recover soon. And this week on monday, we were talking about Bibi Ji and her health; she was in hospital. And now we get this news of her demise. I haven't had the opportunity to know a lot about her but I have met and shared a fateh with her few times that she was here at Vancouver Smagams. I remember first time I met her, i was washing my hands before walking in the diwaan haal and she was also there. I simply said Fateh to her and she greeted me back with utmost respect and in a humble manner; ofcourse no one can forget her radiant face that always had a smile and glow of naam simran. Even the diwaan haal, I was sitting close to her and she used to sing along with the kirtan with immense love and dedication. Then, again I met her at annual Vancouver after an year or so and I exchanged Fateh again as I saw her since I remembered her. But I wasn't expecting her to remember my face at all as lot of time had elapsed when she first saw me, and it was just meeting of few minutes, not like she knew me. But surprisingly, she had remebered me and greeted me again with that smile of hers which also indicated that she recognized me. The same scenario occurred on few more Vancouver Smagams that she attended and I got the oppurtunity to meet and greet such blessed soul. It makes me happy to read that she departed happily saying "I am Ready" and how the atmosphere was so divine at the hospital with singhs along her bedside doing waheguru simran. Souls of Gurmukhs like her should always be departed in such manner. I wish I could have gotten the chance to know more about her, spend time with her and learn something from her. I hope to read more about her from people who had a chance to know about her in more details and share their experiences wih us. All I can say is that may Waheguru bless her soul and may bless us to learn something from her lifestyle and be blessed with naam just like she was. Following pankti depicts her status as human being accurately " Gurmukh Janam Sawaar Dargah Chaleya, Sachi Dargah Jaaye Sacha Pidh Maleya". Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru!!!!
She was a great Gursikh. May akal purakh bless her soul.
antim sanskar details are here: AKJ.ORG
I had the fortune of meeting bibiji when on holiday in Canada, she met us with a lot of love and respect. Her face was radiant and you could tell there was something about her. I'm so glad we took some pics! Like us she was on a road trip and was excited about seeing bears lol.
never got the chance to even do darshan of such a gurskh and glad that there are pics of her so that we can see how radiant of a chehra she had. sad to know she depised frum this world but glad to know she did everything in trust of naam
bibi jee had a way of knowing things. once during a raensabaee, i was tired and having trouble focusing. bibi jee leaned over to me and said, "let's go get some prashad". i said sure, but i wondered where we were going to get it. she lead me around to where the amrit sanchar was being held. to my surprise, she knocked on the door! the door opened and she knelt down and held up her hands, "can we have some prashad please?" the prashad had just been distributed to the new amritdharis. it was perfect timing. how did she know? no one could say no to her requests, and so we enjoyed the prashad from the amrit sanchar. happily, i found myself much less tired than before. it was exactly what i needed. smiling smiley

these happy little stories make me smile often. smiling smiley
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I first met bibi jee at my first Toronto smagam. It was the same year as the Anand karaj of Veer Harpreet Singh. I was staying at the house of Bhai Davinder Singh. Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh was also there. It was the middle of the day, and we were waiting for time to leave for the evening keertan darbaar.

Bibi jee and Bhai Joginder Singh turned up at the house with Bhai Manjit Singh Glasgow. We all sat in the living room and started doing keertan. As Bhai Manjit Singh began doing keertan, the Rass instantly took over all those who were there, and everyone became imbued in Naam. Bibi ji became so immersed in Naam, that her face was red and her Saas were vibrant.

As a relatively new person, discovering Naam, I was amazed by seeing myself surrounded by so many Gurmukh roohs. My weak mind, distracted me from being imbued in naam, instead I went and got my camera, and started to take a picture. Noticing that I was about to take a picture of bibi jee and other Gurmukhs imbued in Naam rass, Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh distracted me. He was sitting next to bibi jee, and in is unique comical style, which always brings a smile to any soul. He waved with his hand, and indicated that I took a picture of him instead. He straightened his mala and his dastaar. Then I took a picture, by which time the keertan had stopped.

Bhai Sahib gave me a wry smile, and I realised he had just wanted to distract me as that scene did not need to be photographed, it just needed to be experienced with Naam.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ke fateh
Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsa Vaaheguroojeekeefateh

The first time I got darshan of Bibi Harkirin Kaur jee was about a year ago when she walked into the darbaar with such a beaming smile. The next morning she was telling us that long ago she went to a program after someones death who she did not know so well. When Salokh Mahalaa Nauvaa started she went into bairaag because the Baanee was so so beautiful. Someone sitting next to her thought she was crying because of the death and started comfroting her that it will be alright. Im extremely thankful to guroosaaheb for letting a pakhandee moorakh like me to get sangat with such an inspiring gursikh

Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsa Vaaheguroojeekeefateh
As 1Kaur Bhein Ji talked about Amrit Sanchaar incident, I too remember, her visiting the site of Amrit Sanchaar, few times, during the Raen Sabhai Programme at Surrey last year. May be she liked to be close to that place, where there was AMRIT going on. She listened to the DHUN going inside the place and started Simran with it.

And we also had a chance to have a small picnic with her. Bhai Sahib Ji was also with us. Her two pet dogs were also to accompany her. She talked about those pets and Ill health, food, of the small but aged dog. That was her special pet.

And I remember, she liked a preparation of white gram a lot, that was sour and spicy. We enjoyed her Sangat that day.

May Satguru Ji bless the departed soul.
In most smagams, the most common question asked is "when is X (keertanee Singh) getting into town?". Rarely would such a question be asked about a non-prominent keertanee. It was commonly asked about Mata Harkirin Kaur Jee and Khalsa Jee. Like others have said, there will be an irreplaceable void in future smagams (at least here in Vancouver where Mata Jee attended at least once a year). When things would start drifting towards socializing and other such activities, her words and her smile would bring your focus back to love and Naam.
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login