ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to do during school break?

Posted by GurmanSingh 
What to do during school break?
December 06, 2010 12:45PM
Finally, first semester for many University Students is coming to an end....Dass will be having a few weeks of free time, but doesn't know how to use it...I've been debating the following

1)Continue a Sehaj Path, however more intensely than when I had to worry about school on the side
2)Get as much bani memorized as possible (specifically asa di var and sukhmani sahib)
3)Begin a hand-written Gutka
4)Get panj granthi banian Shudh, and fluently read in Laridhar

With guru sahib's kirpa I'll be able to incorporate all these in the few weeks I have off, but what would sangat suggest I focus on? I was planning on spending most my time on options 2 and 4...but I'd love to hear sangats thoughts, maybe there are even some things I'm missing.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: What to do during school break?
December 06, 2010 04:53PM
and you could look for work too ahahah...
If you are a bibekee, or wanna become one, get a strong pehraa in that

learn how to cook delicious meals and treats

then call me up, i will come over to eat because that's what I do best =)
My personal suggestion is to get your regular paaths e.g. Siri Sukhmani Sahib and Siri Asa kee Vaar more fluent and if there is still time then do your Punj Granthi paaths - Siri Bawan Akhri, Siri Oankaar and Siri Sidh Gosht. You yourself have witnessed how much fun there is in doing Sidh Gosht. Sidh Gosht is matchless as far as flow and rhyming is concerned and what to talk about the Brahm Vichaar it has. It has the most spiritually-advanced questions of the Sidhas and the best answers of Guru Sahib. Siri Oankar Sahib is extremely deep and profound. Siri Bawan Akhri is a kind of Teeka of Siri Oankaar Sahib. Both of these Baanis give Updesh on each of 52 Alphabets of Sanskrit.

Daas, by the Kirpa of Guru Sahib, will try to put up the Santhiya of these Baanis in the coming future, once the Nitnem is complete.

Kulbir Singh
Or You Can Do That

Hehe

Amen =)
Re: What to do during school break?
December 07, 2010 11:05AM
where do you live? there are always some samagams going on during the winter break... i know there's one in toronto and one in vancouver.
The great thing about winter break is one has more leisure time to go to the Gurdwara Sahib. In addition, one has an opportunity to take advantage of the kirtan programs that take place during this time. Since our time is short whenever we have some spare time we should make some efforts to go for sangat.

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥
ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥
ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥
ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥
ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿ ਲਾਗੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਨ ਕੈ ॥
ਜਨਮੁ ਬ੍ਰਿਥਾ ਜਾਤ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਨ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥
ਸੇਵਾ ਸਾਧ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਨੀਚ ਕਰੰਮਾ ॥
The best way to get as much laha as possible is to get together with likeminded gursikhs, stay at one place and just immerse yourself in sifat salah.
Sangat is the only way to be safe from aalas!
Vjkk vjkf

You could go to Gurduwara more, and do savaa there, if you live in Toronto there are going to be quite a few Sumagams in the break you could go to those.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login