ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seeking advice from all of you

Posted by hsc13 
Seeking advice from all of you
December 03, 2010 03:40PM
Sadh Sangat Jee,

I need some advice from all of you. I have been chronically unemployed for the last little while and as a result have now turned to self employment as a last resort to make a living and feed my family. I don't want to fail as the results would be disastorous for me financially. What can I do to make sure that I get through and be able to provide for my family. Is there any extra paath or sewa I should do (apart from my nitnem) to ensure success.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Many people say that reciting Sukhmani Sahib not only gives peace of mind but also gives worldly success. I remember reading this a few years back in Bhai Rama Singh Jis book.
bhai sahib/bhenjee

nitnem is our duty

u asked what can i do apart from that ?

theres tons of things you can do

a duty has to be performed regardless

but extra effort can always be put in depending on how much you love something ?

je guroo sahib naal pyaar aa, then of course start with sukhmani sahib

dakhni onkaar, bavan akhri, sidh gohst

try a little something new everyday

and always do a uchee suchee ardaas from your heart

maharaaj never fails to hear

we fail to do ardaas sincerely, guroo sahib has plan for you

let it unfold and unveil itself =)
Re: Seeking advice from all of you
December 03, 2010 06:40PM
ਕਲਮਲਿ ਹੋਈ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਕਰੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
ਸਚੈ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਕੰਨੁ ਦੇ ਧੀਰਕ ਦੇਵੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ॥

When the people of the world are suffering in pain, they call upon the Lord in loving prayer.
The True Lord naturally listens and hears and gives comfort.
hsc13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sadh Sangat Jee,
>
> I need some advice from all of you. I have been
> chronically unemployed for the last little while
> and as a result have now turned to self employment
> as a last resort to make a living and feed my
> family. I don't want to fail as the results would
> be disastorous for me financially. What can I do
> to make sure that I get through and be able to
> provide for my family. Is there any extra paath
> or sewa I should do (apart from my nitnem) to
> ensure success.
>
> Any advice or thoughts would be greatly
> appreciated.

I would like to give a warning. When doing Naam Abhyiaas, do not so with the intent of desiring material wealth because by doing so you will completely ruin your spiritual condition. Naam Abhyiaas is intended to thank Guru Sahib, conquer the mind, and destroy all desires. So it defeats the purpose to want desires when doing Naam Abhyiaas. In addition, ones worries will not end, and Naam abhyiaas will end up becoming a mechanical repetition with such intentions.
Everyone who does Naam Abhyaas does not do so solely for spiritual aspirations. Depending on the spiritual level one is at, one does seek important and vital materialistic boons as well. Gurbani contains Updesh for seekers of all levels and this is why, while there are Shabads in Gurbani that teach us that the best boon to ask for is the boon of Darshan of Vaheguru jee but there are many Shabads where Guru Sahib has taught us to look to Vaheguru even for important materialistic boons. Please ponder upon the following Shabad:

ਕਾਨੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥
ਜਨ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੰਗੇ ਅਸਨੇਹੁ ॥
ਸਾਜਨੋ ਤੂ ਮੀਤੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੇਹੁ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਮਾਨੁ ਮਾਂਗਉ ਤਾਨੁ ਮਾਂਗਉ ਧਨੁ ਲਖਮੀ ਸੁਤ ਦੇਹ ॥1॥
ਮੁਕਤਿ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਭੁਗਤਿ ਪੂਰਨ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦ ਪਰਮ ਨਿਧਾਨ ॥
ਭੈ ਭਾਇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਿਹਾਲ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਕੁਰਬਾਨ ॥2॥4॥49॥

In this Shabad, Guru Sahib has taught us to ask for not only spiritual demands but also required worldly demands e.g. honour, power, money, children etc. Similarly there are Shabads of Bhagat Sahiban whereby worldly boons have been asked for.

The bottomline is that the best boon is the boon of Naam and Darshan but if one needs something worldly, very badly, then for that too, Vaheguru is the best source. Indulge in Naam and fulfill the wishes of the heart (provided the wishes are according to Gurmat).

Coming back to your problem, hc13 jeeo, if you need employment, try to seek refuge in Guru Sahib. Do extra Gurbani paath of Baanis like Siri Sukhmani Sahib and do an earnest Ardaas for the fulfilment of your Ardaas. Request local Gursikhs to do a Samagam at your home and beg them to do Ardaas for you. Stop any anti-Gurmat Karma you may be doing e.g. cutting hair and other Bajjar Kurehits, become a Gursikh in good standing and if need be, get Pesh for forgiveness for your previous mistakes. Guru Sahib will do Kirpa.

Kulbir Singh
There is nothing wrong with doing ardas for material things as above shabad indicates. In fact, whenever we want anything material like house, car , food etc. it's required we do a rdas. But these request should cease during naam abhyiaas. Bhai Randhir Singh Ji says people who do naan simran for the sole purpose to get their material desires fulfilled are MANMUKHS.
Re: Seeking advice from all of you
December 06, 2010 04:02PM
maybe this post will help:

If one indulges in Naam and Gurbani, then one's worldly bonds are loosened and eventually totally removed. If you ask a worldly person to do amritvela or do X amount of paath, he will tell you that he has absoulutely no time and he is speaking the truth. We all have so many bonds and chains around us that we cannot free our mind and indulge in Naam Abhyaas. When a Gursikh truly starts to japp Naam and do paath of Gurbani, then his worldly bonds are loosened. As an example, if it used to take a Gursikh 4 hours to do certain task, it will now take much less and the time thus saved is used by this Gursikh to japp Naam.

I personally know of a Gursikh who used to do only basic nitnem in his first stage. He was working full time and was quite busy at work. He started doing 5 extra Jap jee Sahibs a day. He was pleasantly surprised to see that he was able to accommodate these paaths without letting go any of his worldly tasks. Gradually, he increased his paath to 10 Siri Jap jee Sahibs and then to 15 paaths. Then one day he told me that he is going to do 25 Siri Jap jee Sahibs a day. I was surprised to see that he was able to accomplish this task and all his tasks at job were done on time too. His lunch tim, his break times and his travelling to and from work was all now being utilized in doing paaths. This did not end here. He increased his paath to 35 paaths a day and eventually he was doing 50 Siri Jap jee Sahibs a day, right in front of me. Some days he would do up to 60 paaths a day. Ridhi Sidhi was running around him, waiting for him to command. Whatever he would say used to come true. Sometimes he would even have fun with Ridhi Sidhi. This continued for several months. I was surprised to see that he used to do all his tasks at work in a very short period of time and then get busy with paaths. He had a wonderful time.

So the point I am trying to make is that as a Gursikh increases his paath and Simran, Vaheguru takes away his worldly hurdles, enabling this Gursikh to indulge in Naam and Gurbani freely.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

[www.tapoban.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login