ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

're-parkash' after entire night kirtan and rumalla sahibs

Posted by Umkeo Heo 
Personally I don't think it's necessary to do re-parkash of Guru Sahib's saroop since Satguru ji is 'sad-jagda' however I think it's important the veshaaee be changed after raensbaae. What do others think about this? Re-doing veshaaee would obviously require sukhasan to be done.

Also, is it okay to keep the same pushaak (rumalla) for a few days? Usually how often are Guru Sahib's bastar changed? I know it would be nice to change everyday but sometimes it may not be possible. How do most Gursikhs deal with this?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think that sukh asan should be done and another saroop should be used for the next day.

There is a story of Sant Kartar Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale. One time Sant Jee and the Jatha had just done a Sri Akhaand Paat Sahib, and Bhog followed by Katha and Keertan had happened. The same saroop was left at the Asthan. Sant jee went to a room and lied down to rest. They had a few Singhs with them. Sant Jee were lying on the bed and they fell off. It had seemed as if an invisible person had pushed them off. So Sant Jee quickly went to the Asthan and did Sukhasan of Mahraj Jee's saroop and brought a different saroop. The Singhs were curious as to why Sant Jee had done this. So they asked and Sant Jee replied that Guru Gobind Singh Jee said that I've been sitting there(Prakash) for three days plus the time after Bhog and you come here and lie down?! Go do Sukhasan of the saroop right away. So Sant Jee listened to Guru Jee.

This is mentioned Giani Thakur Singh in an interview or katha.

oddslot
Normally the Maryada is to do Sukhasan of Maharaj jee's Saroop after Siri Akhand Paath Sahib or Ran Subaaee but if the Prakash is in the Hall of Gurdwara Sahib where Sangat comes during the day, there is no point in doing Sukhasan and bringing another Saroop. All Saroops are same Jyot.

Kulbir Singh
gsingh, can you please share link to the interview? I don't really listen to Giani Thakur Singh ji's katha but I would like to hear what context he said that in. Did he mention anything about raensbaaes?

Following the sakhi you shared, once parkash is done, no one should go to sleep.
Khalsa ji,

I didn't think Giani ji mentioned any thing about rainsabaaee,but he shared views about personal life experiences with Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale and the story about Sant Kartar Singh ji mentioned by gsingh ji.

Nice Gurmat vichar by Giani Thakur singh ji,All five parts are amaizing.

here is link

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

it is one of these files

if you want i will skim them and find the exact spot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login