ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bunga-hair loss

Posted by Theguptone 
Bunga-hair loss
November 18, 2010 05:14PM
I have been wearing a bunga (keski where kes is tied into kes) for many years now, over this period I have noted that my hair line has gone very much backwards, to a very bad extent now. I know that the first step is to take a break from bunga, but is there anyway to help the hair grow back? Also any general tips on how to look after hair line and not put strain on kes?
thank you.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bunga-hair loss
November 18, 2010 07:52PM
singh sahib jeeo
if u tie the bungaa too tightly....thats not good
the bungaa should be secure but not tight
tie it so that ur comfortable
the middle dastaar shoiuld be the tightest for stirdiness and the shape
and the final dastaar should also be at a comfortable level jee

thats should help
i dont know about growing ur hair back
but this will slow down any further loss
and gurmukhon
use almond oil
its the best oil for hair
with the most nutrients

on a side note: its also the most expensive

lol

vaheguroo jee
November 19, 2010 07:33PM
when i started tying my keskee, i also had a problem with hair breakage and loss. it's called "traction alopecia", and it's pretty common among turban wearing sikhs. if you catch it early, you can reverse it. unfortunately, if you ignore it too long, the hair loss will be permanent. i managed to reverse it in myself, here's what i changed:

when you wash your kes, don't use shampoo every day. this strips out the natural oils and weakens the hair. use a good conditioner or just plain cold water. you only need shampoo once a week or less. some people never use shampoo. that's ok too.
when you sleep, try to avoid tying the keskee into the kes. or if you do, don't leave it too loose. if it comes off during the night, all of the weight of the keskee pulls your kes out. you can keep the joodha loose, but tie the rest tight around the back of your head to keep it secure through the night. avoid putting tension on the kes whenever possible.
use a high quality oil that doesn't clog the hair follicles. as veerjee said above, almond oil is the best for this.
use a big, wide toothed kanga, and comb gently. don't pull the hair from the scalp when you comb it, hold it in your hand and comb below your hand.
even if you don't shower in cold water, at least wash your kes in cold water. this keeps the pores and follicles closed and tight and keeps dirt out of them.

i've been keeping kes for only four years now, and wearing a keskee tied into my kes for about 3.5 years of that time. my kes is now down to the back of my legs and still growing, so i totally swear by these methods. i hope it works for you too. smiling smiley
November 20, 2010 01:38PM
thank you ji for the advice, ill try it out, i already didnt use shampoo always but will try almond oil and cold pani.
June 05, 2014 06:06AM
Hair Transplant bhubaneswar is good to get the remedy for hair loss. Now it is easy to remove the scalp baldness by having Follicular unit extraction method.
June 05, 2014 12:57PM
Don't tie your Joorha too tightly. Use plenty of mustard oil in order to strengthen it. When doing Kanga, do it with care and gentleness, try not to break any hair. Dry your hair leaving it open, because hair needs some air too. If you're doing to get bald, you can't prevent it, but you can slow down the process. I guess the only way you can prevent and reverse baldness is to do some extra paath and do ardas to Guru Jee for help because if Guru Jee wants He can even reverse a disease like cancer, so baldness in comparison is minor.
June 05, 2014 08:32PM
I cannot say for the bunga style but for the common punjabi style turban receding hair line is very common. It happens not because of tight joorha at all. It is a simple result of turban folds pushing back and putting pressure from front towards back of the head.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login