ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Greatest Quality of a Faqir

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
The Greatest Quality of a Faqir
September 30, 2010 02:44PM
Once Sant Attar Singh jee Mastaunewale asked his companions as to what the greatest quality of a Faqir is. When no one said anything, Sant jee replied saying that the greatest quality of a Faqir is Khima. No matter how bitter and acrimonious the Bachan is, a Faqir is to keep patience and sustain the cruel bachans.

Real Gurmukh Faqirs who stay intoxicated in the Rass of Naam can undoubtedly sustain the most bitter and harsh Bachans said to them but Gursikhs like us who are of ordinary spiritual state, sustain harsh Bachans said to them only in proportion to their Avastha. Guru Sahib in Gurbani has instructed his Gursikhs to not lose their Gurmukhi qualities in the face of slander or defaming:

ਹਰਿ ਜਨੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਨਿੰਦ ਕਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਗੁਨੁ ਨ ਗਵਾਵੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
(Harjan sings qualities of Raam's Naam. If someone slanders a Harjan, the Harjan in return does not lose his Quality (Gurmukhi Qualities).

In other words, a Gursikh is not to act in the way a slanderer or a Nindak is acting. If a Gursikh imitates a Nindak and speaks similar language and tone, then what's the difference between a Nindak and a Gurmukh?

May Guru Sahib enable us to have real Gurmukhi humility, so that Nau-Nidh Naam may reside in our hearts. All that matters in the end is whether we have Naam residing in us or not. Everything else is going to stay right here in this temporary world.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Greatest Quality of a Faqir
September 30, 2010 03:03PM
Vah ji vah!

May Guru sahib ji bless us all with such fakiri.
Re: Greatest Quality of a Faqir
September 30, 2010 03:56PM
Vah Jee Vah!! Zabardast!!

Thank you Bhai Sahib jeeo, it was much needed!

This reminds me of a bhajan I used to listen to when I was a kid…”mann laageyo mero Raam fakeeri mein. Jo sukh hai Siri Raam bhajan mein, so sukh naahi ameeree mein”…
ਕਬੀਰਾਜਹਾਗਿਆਨੁਤਹਧਰਮੁਹੈਜਹਾਝੂਠੁਤਹਪਾਪੁ ॥
ਜਹਾਲੋਭੁਤਹਕਾਲੁਹੈ
ਜਹਾਖਿਮਾਤਹਆਪਿ ॥੧੫੫॥

Chota veer

This reminds me of a bhajan I used to listen to when I was a kid…”mann laageyo mero Raam fakeeri mein. Jo sukh hai Siri Raam bhajan mein, so sukh naahi ameeree mein”…

A great Gurbani Furmaan in the Baani of Bhagat Kabir jee goes as follows:

ਹਮਰਾ ਧਨੁ ਮਾਧਉ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਧਰਣੀਧਰੁ ਇਹੈ ਸਾਰ ਧਨੁ ਕਹੀਐ ॥
ਜੋ ਸੁਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਸੋ ਸੁਖੁ ਰਾਜਿ ਨ ਲਹੀਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

(Our wealth is Madho (Lord of Maya) Gobind (sustainer )Dharnidhar (Supporter of Earth) and this is what real Wealth is. The Sukh that is there in serving Prabh Gobind jee, cannot be obtained through Raj (kingdom))

The ones who are Mast or intoxicated in Naam are the real Kings. The pseudo kings of the world are really paupers who lack the real wealth of Naam:

ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਰਿ ਪਤਿਸਾਹੀਆ ਕੂੜੀਆ ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹ ॥੧੧॥
(Guru Sahib says, all other Paatshahis are false, the ones who are intoxicated in Naam are Paatshah (real kings).

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login