ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Someone told me that they heard some Kathaa being broadcoasted on TV from Gurdwara Manji Sahib in Amritsar. The Kathaavachik was doing vichaar on the last lines of the Dohraa (which are from Bhai Nand Lal jee's Thankhaahnama and some say Bhai Bala Janam Saakhi also).

It is common everywhere to hear:

ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਕੀ ਰਹਿਹ ਨ ਕੋਇ || ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ ||

But according to this Kathaavachik the last line doesn't make sense and that a 'sihaari' has been added to form ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ when originally apparently it was ਮਲੈਂਗੇ . He claimed that over time the change has appeared in the Dohiraa and that has changed the meaning.

ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ || = "Those who are ਖ੍ਵਾਰ (separated) will also recieve or be united, and those who seek the sanctuary (of the Khalsa) will be saved."

ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ without sihaari (ਮਲੈਂਗੇ = destroyed)
ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ || = "Those who are separated are destroyed, and those who seek the sanctuary (of the Khalsa) are saved."

The person cannot remember who the Kathaavachik was but apparently it was shown on TV about 6 months ago or so.

It is the first time I have heard of this. Has anyone else heard of this?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Very interesting Bhai Manvir Singh jee.
It's the first I've heard of this. If somebody has more information please do share.
that is strange I have never head of such a thing before.
Here is just my way of understanding it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

"ਖ੍ਵਾਰ" is a word used very commonly by most Pakistanis during conversation. Its can refer to many negative things, but basically it is referring to someone who is messed up or getting messed up. When we say "ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ", we are referring to those people who are messed up, who are lost basically. "ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ" could also mean when they "meet" the Khalsa, or join the Khalsa after taking Amrit. Notice how just before this pankti we say "ਆਕੀ ਰਹਿਹ ਨ ਕੋਇ", so he opponents of the Khalsa are destroyed anyways. Now the ones who are "ਖ੍ਵਾਰ" will be "ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ" with the Khalsa. And lastly "ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ", which I presume could be referring to non-Sikhs under Khalsa Raj, or any other foe of the Khalsa who surrenders and seeks the refuse of the Khalsa, as they also will be then saved/sheltered/protected/guarded.

Please correct me if I am wrong. This is just my interpretation. Bhai Kulbir Singh jee or Bhai Bijla Singh jee will be able to enlighten us better.
Sorry for a typo in the previous post, I meant to say
"ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ", which I presume could be referring to non-Sikhs under Khalsa Raj, or any other foe of the Khalsa who surrenders and seeks the refuge of the Khalsa.
Bhai Mehtab Singh jee your vichaar makes sense. So is it suggesting that oneday everyone will eventually "meet the Khalsa" (which we will assume to me take Amrit or adopt Rehit?)?
Veerjee honestly I don’t have much giyaan. But in light of the dohra “ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ”, most likely that seems to be the case. Other non-Sikh communities will not be wiped out by the Khalsa. Either they will adopt GurSikhi or will live under the benevolent protection of the Khalsa.

I would encourage reading Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh Jee's autobiography where he mentions about Khalsa Raaj.

Here are some scanned pages: [gurmatbibek.com]
ਇਨ ਗ੍ਰੀਬ ਸਿਘਨ ਕੌ ਦਯੈ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ, ਏ ਯਾਦ ਰਖੈਂ ਹਮਰੀ ਗੁਰਿਆਈ।
smiling smiley
I came across the interpretation Manvir Singh has presented about 10 years ago but it is not correct. The correct word is ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ which I have read in various texts (not Bhai Bala janamsakhi as it was written before Sikhs transformed to Khalsa). I have seen other variations like “Granth Panth Jee Maneyo” but not in this particular word. My understanding of these lines is something like this:

ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਕੀ ਰਹਹਿ ਨ ਕੋਇ

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਹੀ ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਅਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਵੀ ਤਾਕਤ ਇਸ ਦੇ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਤੇ ਜਾਂ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਵਿਚ ਖੜੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋ ਸਕੇਗੀ । ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦਾ ਬੋਲ ਬਾਲਾ ਹੀ ਰਹੇਗਾ ਅਤੇ

ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ

ਜਿੰਨੇ ਵੀ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਪੰਥ ਤੋਂ ਖੁਆਰ ਹੋਣਗੇ ਭਾਵ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਮੱਤ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਣਗੇ ਉਹ ਵੀ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੀ ਤਾਬੇਦਾਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿਣਗੇ ਅਤੇ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਰੱਲ ਕੇ ਚੱਲਣ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਆਪਣਾ ਭਲਾ ਸਮਝਣਗੇ । ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਦਾ ਮਤਲਬ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਹੀ ਸਹਿਮਤੀ ਰੱਖਣਗੇ ਅਤੇ ਵਿਰੋਧਾ ਭਾਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਣਗੇ । ਜੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਉਹੋ ਹੀ ਕਰਨਗੇ । ਪਰ ਜੋ ਪੰਥ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਆਵੇਗਾ ਭਾਵ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਰਸਤੇ 'ਤੇ ਚੱਲੇਗਾ ਉਹ ਹੀ ਬਚੇਗਾ ਜਾਂ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ।

I do not remember now where the above interpretation was found (maybe one of Bhai Randhir Singh’s books) but I firmly believe such a time will come when only decision of Khalsa will reign supreme and all the countries will obey Khalsa. Eventually, everyone will become part of the Panth. Rest Guru Sahib knows. Guru Rakha
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Could the lines possibly mean:

ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਕੀ ਰਹਹਿ ਨ ਕੋਇ
Khalsa shall rule and none shall be present to defy its rule.

ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ

All those who are left (those = those who are left on this earth or perhaps even the different groups in the Khalsa Panth, which has been separated by current and future divisions) will be joined who receive the protection (of the Guru/Akaal Purakh)?

Don't know if the above is correct...it has been rattling in my mind for some time since Bhai Manvir Singh brought it up.
I remember reading somewhere that the dohra was originally recited by Guru Sahib at Sri Hazoor Sahib, and a few scribes like Bhai Nand Lal Ji wrote down the dohra. There were also other scribes present like Giani Giani Singh; interestingly there are some differences of the dohra written by these different scribes. Either way the dohra we know was memorized by majority of Singhs at Sri Hazoor Sahib, and has been passed through oral tradition and it is the same as the one written by Bhai Nand Lal Ji which is

ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਕੀ ਰਹਿਹ ਨ ਕੋਇ || ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ ਬਚਹਿ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਹੋਇ ||

Some variations include the following written by an anonymous Sikh sribe

ਰਾਜ ਕਰੇ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋ ਆਕੀ ਨ ਰਹੈਂਗੇ ਕੋਊ, ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭ ਮਿਲੈਂ ਬਚੈ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਜੋ ਪਛਾਨੈ ਗੋ

Either way the meaning is the pure Khalsa will rule the panth . Meaning those that keep rehat shall mange the affairs of the panth. The kwhar will not mingle with panthic affiars. The khwar ( kurehiti) will be only be protected and be part of the panth ( roti beti di sanjh) when they pesh.

ਕੁੜੀਮਾਰ ਰਮਰਈ ਨੜੀਮਾਰ। ਜੋ ਇਨ ਮਿਲੈ ਸੁ ਹੁਇ ਹੈ ਖ੍ਵਾਰ। ੧੩।

-Guru Panth Parkaash Bhai Rattan Singh Bhangu

Anyobdy who does roti beti di sanjh with those that are messed up ( khwaar/kureheti) will also be separate and not be able to participate in the management of Khalsa affiars.
So the kureheti ( ਖ੍ਵਾਰ) will only meet ( roti beti di sanjh) with Khalsa when they pesh and begin to live a distinct lifestyle once again.

Guru Sahib says

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ। ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਦੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ। ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੇ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ। ਮੈ ਨ ਕਰਉ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪਰਤੀਤ।

Guru Sahib says he will give his governing power (ਤੇਜ) to those that keep the distinct (ਨਿਆਰਾ) lifestyle/rehat. But those that follow the Bahamans, Muslims etc will only be separated from Guru Sahibs blessings.

ਕੁੜੀਮਾਰ ਮਸੰਦ ਜੋ, ਮੀਣੇ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ਲਏ ਜੁ ਇਨ ਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ, ਜਨਮ ਗਵਾਵਹਿ ਬਾਦ ।੨੦।

Bhai Prahalad Singh Ji

ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸੈ ਬਸੰਤੁ ਹੈ ਜਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥ਹਰਿ ਵੁਠਾ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਸਭੁ ਪਰਫੜੈ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਹਰੀਆਵਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੫੯॥

O Nanak, the season of spring comes to one who serves the True Guru.

The Lord rains His Mercy down upon him, and his mind and body totally blossom forth; the entire world becomes green and rejuvenated. ||59||
Here is the interpretation of Sirdar Kapoor Singh:

ਸਿੱਖ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਤੰਤਰ ਤੇ ਸੱਤਾ ਸੰਪੰਨ ਰਹਿਣਗੇ । ਇਸ ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ਼ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਚੁਣੌਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇਵੇਗਾ । ਓੜਕ ਸਾਰੇ ਇਸ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਣ ਕਰ ਲੈਣਗੇ, ਭਾਵੇਂ ਉਨਾਂ ਲਈ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਮੰਨਣਾ ਕਿੰਨਾ ਵੀ ਬੇ-ਸੁਆਦਾ ਤੇ ਕੌੜਾ ਕਿਉਂ ਨਾ ਲੱਗੇ ਅਤੇ ਸੁਣੋ ! ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਸੁਰੱਖਿਆ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਵੀਕਾਰ ਕਰ ਲੈਣ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਹੈ ।
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login