ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Purataan Asools

Posted by Vista 
Purataan Asools
August 03, 2010 10:55AM
Rehni Behni Kehni

When Gursikh of past and still too present do Gurmat Milaap (Gurfateh & Some Do Jappiyaa of Naam) they would ask if they are tyaar-bar-tyaar or khanda chalada. This was said in brotherly/sisterly love good intentions. For example everybody always ask if they ok, how is the family? etc. They always ask the worldly condition. But never the spiritual state. Close Gursikhs always inquire about this, though it may seem it is disappearing. Reading Gurmat Bibek is strongly advised for learning about Rehni Behni Kehni.

Below are posts from different Gursikhs about Puranee Rehni Benhi Kehni

From our experience with some previous century GurSikh we can say they were the best GurSikh we ever met and we miss them all. As far as we understood of there REHNEE, BEHNEE and KAHNEE they were perfect in all three.

Rehnee: Following Guru Sahib's all rehats beginning their day with sharp Amrit vela, Naam simran followed by Panj bani then Sukhmani Sahib then Asa ki vaar and additional banis until they start their kirat (job or business). Then all day their liv (mind) always in Gurmantar.Simple outfit some in kurta pajamas, some in Pant Shirts (According to work). Then in evening again Gurbani recitation So dar Rehraas, then some Naam abhiyass, some book reading (news or Gurmat related) then Keertan sohila and good night sleep.

Behnee: Desperate for Sat Sangat all the time especially at weekends, some every day in the morning (if Gurudwara Sahib is nearby). Means always looking for the sangat for other Gursikhs especially keertan samagams all the time.

Kehnee: When ever they were asked to do something (Panthic or family related) they always said Sat Bachan jee and they were so committed to complete the bachans that they never care about their money, property or even their life to fulfill the commitment. No shal (cleverness), no dhokha to other GurSikhs. Means they were committed to what ever they say.

This is explanation we experienced and Sikh history tells us the Gursikh with these characters were here in this Guru Ghar since Guru Sahib's (Deh roop) times and there life�s made the Golden History on this planet. And with Guru Sahib's kirpa in his Ghar there are still those GurSikhs.

"Hain virlay Nahee(n) Ghanay" upon whom this panth continued with time.

What to talk about Gurmat Rehni Behni. The Gatt-Mitt of one who obeys the hukams of Guru Sahib and keeps max rehit cannot be defined or said in words.

There were far less pothis, Gutkas and saroops of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee but Gursikhs then were far more well-versed in Gurbani than today. They had hours long Gurbani nitnems. Gurbanis like 7 Nitnem Baanis, Siri Sukhmani Sahib, Siri Asa kee Vaar, Siri Bavan Akhri, Siri Sidh Gosht, Siri Oankaar, Ramkali ki Vaar, Basant kee Vaar were standard for Gursikhs. Giani Amir Singh of Taksal has written that puratan Gursikhs used to do Panj Granthi everyday for sure. Many Gursikhs had Akal Ustat and Chandi dee Vaar kanth. Ones who did not have these baanis kanth used to do many many paaths of Siri Jap jee Sahib a day.

Subedar Baghel Singh who wrote many books on Sikh mysticism and who passed away about 10 years ago in Toronto, once told me that in olden days whenever Gursikhs used to meet each other, the first question they asked was "are you tyaar bar tyaar" i.e. are you keeping Guru Sahib's rehit. Second question they used to ask was "Charkha chalda hai ke nahi". Charkha in olden days was used to weave cotton clothes and in this sentence Charkha means Naam da charkha. Some Singhs used to ask "Khanda chalda hai na". This way they reminded each other about Naam and rehit. Today who asks this question? If you ask someone about their rehit, he or she would call you nosy and get upset. No one today asks if your charkha is going on. We have become too formal with each other.

Rehit Rehni Behni is all about Naam and for Naam. All rehit is kept for Naam. So we must never forget to indulge in Naam.

Kulbir Singh

Please do add
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Purataan Asools
August 03, 2010 11:19AM
On the day of Vaisakhi, Bhai Raghbeer Singh went before the Panj Pyare and received the gift of Amrit-Naam and became very strict in his Rehat.

Shaheed Bhai Raghbeer Singh did not go to his village but returned to Puna.When I returned after my two months leave he was very pleased to see me. I also felt blessed by Guru Sahib to meet such a beloved of the Guru. Bhai Raghbeer Singh never slept after twelve o’clock. He would have his Ishnaan and would then continue doing Naam Simran until sunrise.Within a short period of time he memorized Nitnem, Sukhmani Sahib, Asa Di Vaar, Basant Kee Vaar, Sateh Balwandai Kee Vaar, Shabad Hazari Pathshahi Dasvi, Swaya ‘Deenan Ki Prithpal’, Chopai ‘Pranvo Aad’, Akal Ustat, Baramaha Maj and Tukari, Solak Mahalla Nauvi, Gujri Kee Vaar Mahalla Panjma and many other Banis which he used to recite daily. He used to prepare his food with his own hands, but this was not allowed in the army, so he had to stop making his own food. In those days, I used to live with my Singhni and I asked him to eat at our house. Bhai Sahib was a Sarbloh Bibekee
[www.gurmatbibek.com]
August 04, 2010 04:56AM
I was just thinking this morning to ask a question on this forum and I log in and here's this post. Very similar to what I wanted to ask...

Basically, at the local gurdwara few singhs sometime come up and randomly ask, Hows ur amritvela ? Do u do it everyday ?

I was just confused what to answer, I have always thought it should be kept 'gupt'. But I dont wanna lie either.

So what should our answer be ?

Bhul Chuk maaf jee

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh jee
August 06, 2010 12:10PM
Vista Ji

VahegurOO Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahegur00 Ji Ki Fateh||

Two humble points..

1.) What is "Naam". Please be elaborate.. Also "Eko Naam Hukam Hai"... Please elborate..

2.) Veer Kookar apprises that Rehni Behni and Kheni are to be kept Gupt.. My avastha is very very very (..~) low.. Rehni Behni and Kheni are blessings of Guruji, how can someone mention about this when the truth is

eaeh kinaehee dhaath aapas thae jo paaeeai ||
naanak saa karamaath saahib thut(h)ai jo milai ||1||

Most of the Rehni Behni and Kehni of Bhramgianis are known after they leave the "chola"..

Please guide me!

VahegurOO Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahegur00 Ji Ki Fateh||
August 06, 2010 12:55PM
================================================================================
I was just confused what to answer, I have always thought it should be kept 'gupt'. But I dont wanna lie either.

So what should our answer be ?
================================================================================

Dass's answer is:

ਬੱਸ ਇੱਦਾਂ ਈ ਆ ਜੀ , ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਨ ਤੇ ਉਠ ਪਈ ਦਾ ਹੈ | ਆਪਣੇ ਸਿਰ ਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਆਸ ਨਹੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਉਠੇਯਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ || ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੋ ਸਾਡੀ ਵੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰੇਯਾ ਕਰੋ ਕੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਵੀ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਵਰਗੇ ਗੁਰਮਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ/ਅਸੀਸ ਨਾਲ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਕਮਾ ਸਕੀਏ ||

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
August 13, 2010 06:25PM
ਧੰਨਵਾਦ ਜੀੳ

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ
August 14, 2010 08:32AM
kookar ji,
Once talking to Singh from BHai Sahib's time, he mentioned 5 things to us youths if we want to "do bhagti/earn gursikhi". 1 of them was to always keep ourselves gupt.
Veer gursewaks approach is very appropriate.

Chota veer
August 14, 2010 09:39AM
Oh piyasi chatrik jio please tell us all the 5 things!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login