ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kurehit in Dreams

Posted by Tarun Singh 
Kurehit in Dreams
July 30, 2010 05:16AM
I understand that Guru Gobind Singh Ji says that one ought not to even dream of a woman other than his wife in a dream, but what about other kurehits/dhils? If you have a dream in which you consumed maas, alcohol etc. is that to be considered equivalent of a bujjer kurehit? Does one need to take amrit again? or is this perhaps karmic debt getting paid at a lower price?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Kurehit in Dreams
July 30, 2010 08:19AM
I've had similar dreams of having sex with prostitutes, and other kaami dreams, I think it could be of past karams, don't worry too much about it, just keep up with your Amritvela.
July 30, 2010 08:33AM

I understand that Guru Gobind Singh Ji says that one ought not to even dream of a woman other than his wife in a dream, but what about other kurehits/dhils? If you have a dream in which you consumed maas, alcohol etc. is that to be considered equivalent of a bujjer kurehit? Does one need to take amrit again? or is this perhaps karmic debt getting paid at a lower price?

Following thoughts have come to mind reading the above. There is no sequence of these thoughts:

1. If an Amritdhari Gursikh still dreams of doing Kaam related Kurehits, then it seems like the mind has not got imbued in Gurmat yet. As Gurbani and Naam cast effect on the mind, one totally stops having dreams or the dreams that one has are spiritual ones i.e. one gets Darshan of Gurmukh, Sants, or even Guru Sahib. One step lower would be to have Darshan of other spiritual beings or spiritual realms.

2. Many Gurmukhs say that having Darshan of Gurmukh Sants and Guru Sahib in dreams is the first step before having Darshan of Guru Sahibaan and Gurmukh Sants in Sargun Saroop. The ultimate Darshan are the Jyot-Vigaasi Nirgun Saroopi Sachkhandi Darshan of Guru Sahib and Vaheguru. Before Bhai Sahib had the ultimate Darshan of Vaheguru, he did go through a period where in dream or a dream-like state he had visions of spiritual realms. He also had Darshan of Gupt Gurmukh Sants e.g. the Darshan of a Bazurg Gurmukh after Bhai Sahib rejected the Sangat of Sulfa-smoking Aanmati Sant.

3. Even though having dreams of doing Bajjar Kurehits is a Nishaani or a sign of a mind not fully coloured in Naam and Gurbani, still it is better to have these Bajjar-Kurehit dreams than doing these Bajjar-Kurehits in actual life. No doubt, a Gurmukh who is submitted to Guru Sahib, gets saved from doing Bajjar Kurehits and if doing these Bajjar Kurehits is one of the Karma written on one's forehead, then Guru Sahib fulfills this Karma through a dream and one is saved from sufferring this Karma in real life.

4. A Gurmukh who does not sleep more than required, is engaged in Naam, Gurbani and other good Gurmat sewa-oriented Karams, does not ever see dreams at all and if he does have dreams, such dreams are only spiritual in nature.

5. Sometimes, in dream or a dream-like state, one sees scenes of one's past life or lives. Sometimes, the scenes of one's past life are mixed with current life and something new is created. The keen observers and analysts of such dreams are able to recognize past life scenes. Many times one finds out the past life relations with one's current life relatives and friends.

6. It should be noted that the people with whom we are related in this life, are not ones we have met for the first time. Most likely, we have had many many lives of relationship with our spouse, parents, children, close friends etc. Good and bad Karmic debts bring us together again and again. If we are to take Janam in the next life, it is unlikely for us to go to just any random family or net of friends. Most of us take Janam for Karmic reasons and we have outstanding Karmic debt against only such people whom we have met in previous lives. So one is almost always born in families and people one has known before, in previous lives.

7. Coming back to the topic of dreams, many dreams are result of our inner tendencies. We dream about what we can't do in real life.

8. Some dreams are a result of a strong event or inclination or thinking that we have been doing all day long. We see in dream what we have been doing all day long.

9. Some dreams, as mentioned before, are visions of our past life.

10. Some dreams are spiritual. As we progress spiritually, we have Darshan of Guru Sahibaan, Gurmukh Pyare, Avataars and other spirtual beings.

11. Sometimes Guru Sahib and Gurmukh Pyare deliberately give us a message or Darshan through our dreams. This is a sign of spiritual progress and one should intensify one's Abhyaas and Paath after this.

12. A sign that Guru Sahib has given us Darshan in a dream is that as soon as Guru Sahib comes close to us, we automatically start doing Swaas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas. Even if Guru Sahib does not give us Darshan in dream but if He comes near us (but we can't see Him), we still would start doing Saas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas. Even if we don't know how to do Saas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas, it would still start automatically. This happened with Bhai Rama Singh, before he took Amrit. He had Darshan of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee and as a result of this Darshan, Saas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas started in Bhai Rama Singh. So the Nishaani of real Darshan in dream is that when one wakes up, then too one's Saas-Giraasi Darshan is on in full force.

13. Guru Sahib sometimes cuts our Pralabadh Karma through dreams. Please refer to that Saakhi in which a king in his dream died and was born in a family of Chandaals (very low caste) and suffered immensely till he died in the same very dream again. It was actually a whole Janam that Guru Sahib cut, through one dream.

14. Many people are able to see future happenings in their dreams. So dreams are not always random wanderings of the mind. Sometimes the dreams are very meaningful.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
July 30, 2010 08:37AM
I dont think so. My feel abt this is Guru Sahib cut Karam through our dreams. I remember after taking Amrit i was eating qunitals of meat for few nights - so probably guru sahib did kirpa of cutting my karam of eating the remaining share of my life in dreams.

Also we experienced that when few months back my Sighni did Sehaj Paaths for SHUKH SHANTI - we both had very bad dreams where we would fight and kill each other etc etc. I am pretty sure lot of things are handled by Guru Sahib in dreams for Gursikhs if we do Paath/Jap Naam.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
July 30, 2010 09:10AM

I dont think so. My feel abt this is Guru Sahib cut Karam through our dreams.

Gursewak Singh jeeo, please read the whole post of this Daas. What you are mentioning is just one reason for having dirty dreams but there are other reasons as well including less Kamaayee of Naam and Gurbani, watching or reading non-Gurmat stuff etc.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
July 30, 2010 10:07AM
Very informative post by Kulbir Singh. Thanks for sharing this information.
July 30, 2010 06:36PM
Very informative post by veerjee Kulbir Singh ji.

I think dreams are always a result of anything / everything that we are thinking in the course of the day. So its always useful to think about and do things related to gurujee, naam , baani, so that we dream about those things.

Also, if we have watched tv soaps before we go bed, obv we r gonna have funny dreams, whereas if we r watching sikhi channels or kirtan videos, or listening to kirtan at home, its always gonna leave with us sikhi related dreams smiling smiley

Bhula chuka di khima
July 31, 2010 05:30AM
this only partly answers my question - what is the sajha for committing a bujjer kurehit in dreams?
August 01, 2010 07:48AM
Tarun Singh
this only partly answers my question - what is the sajha for committing a bujjer kurehit in dreams?

Veer Jee, how can there be sajha when one has not actually physically committed the bujjar kurehit? The best sajha would be as Bhai Sahib has explained above: to engage in maximum Naam Abhiyaas and Gurbani Paath so that one can hopefully then be in state of uthat baithat sovat naam, and thereby having no dreams at all of this nature.
August 01, 2010 09:30PM
speaking of karams daas recently while driving hit a fellow Singh's car daas didnt realize till it was too late and then daas felt it was a puratan karam daas had to pay for the car was horribly but i didnt feel anything wrong it was like it had to be done and there was no option Lekh Naa Mitaee He Sakhi Jo Likheaa Kartaar ll WAHEGUROO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! karams can never be erased
August 01, 2010 09:43PM
JaspreetSingh jeeo, you are right about it being a previous life Karma sprouting up now. Another thing to consider is that the original Karma must have been a huge one but it got reduced to a small Karma because of Kirtan Samagam. Dhan Dhan Siri Guru jee.

Kulbir Singh
August 02, 2010 09:05AM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JaspreetSingh jeeo, you are right about it being a
> previous life Karma sprouting up now. Another
> thing to consider is that the original Karma must
> have been a huge one but it got reduced to a small
> Karma because of Kirtan Samagam. Dhan Dhan Siri
> Guru jee.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Hanji Bhai Sahib Jee you are absolutly right!!!!! Dhan GurBaani Dhan Dhan Dhan Saaheb SiriGuruGranthSaahebJeeMahaaraajJee !!!!!!!
August 02, 2010 03:47PM
Tarun Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this only partly answers my question - what is the
> sajha for committing a bujjer kurehit in dreams?

The sazha for committing a bujjar kurehit in dreams is

To commit oneself strictly to the observance of Amrit Vela.

If one strongly commits themselves to Amrit Vela then Guru Sahib will wake his Gursikh up before he commits such a kurehit, but if we dont observe Amrit Vela and stay asleep during these hours then Panj Doot have the liberty to do as they as wish.

I myself have had experiences in which I was going to commit paap but I was able to wake up before committing this act. For example, just last week I had my wisdom teeth removed and the anti- biotic medication really effected my mind. I was having some bad dreams, but because of my amrit vela schedule I was prevented from doing bad things. So I would say Anrit Vela and Bibek diet are the best methods in falling victim to committing paap in dreams.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login