ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Gurbani to do challaki with fellow sikhs!

Posted by harinder_singh 
Vaheguru jee likes sikhs who are without vall chall, are alike in their thought, speech and action but sadly these days, many sikhs who claim to be ideal gursikhs, dont mind doing challaki with fellow sikhs by using Gurbani.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
what is challaki, vall chall?

how can we be alike in speech thought and action when there are so many different "groups", each spreading their own views of gurmat. even groups within groups. how will a new sikh know what is the "right" speech, the right thought, the right action?
Veer Harinder Singh ji, lets try to be positive for once smiling smiley I have been enjoying reading this forum but it seems like more and more of us are being rather negative. Lets be more positive and leave the low points of our fellow brothers aside.

H.S
vaheguroo jee

hari singh jee made a sat bachan

since the point was brought up, i must admit, myself included, singhs do use gurbani at times to get THEIR point across and justify THEIR actions. Now, if the actions are in accordance with gurmat and rehit then fine.

but at times, singhs will use the aid of gurbanee to sort of get some points across that really shouldnt be related back to a shabad or a pangti.

let's be careful, because say the person we are talking to doesn't have basic understanding of gurbani, but we misrepresent the idea guroo sahib is teaching us, we are at fault for promoting/ spreading a wrong perspective.

bhul chuk muaaf
just have to be careful jee

guroo sahib is bakhshanhaar
gur bar akal
I have to agree with Hari Singh Jee. Unlike other forums, I really enjoy reading this forum because of the spiritual atmosphere. Let us please not focus on the negative points of others. Focusing on others will not uplift us spiritually. After many Joons(84 lakhs) we have been blessed with human life. Let us not waste this precious short life of ours concentrating on what others do or say.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login