ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Fauja Singh - Small Sakhiya

Posted by Vista 
Become how singh/singhneea are suppose to be and imbue the khalsa spirit with Naam/baNee. Bhai Sahib use say this to the Sangat. Bhai Sahib & the Tyaar-Bar-Tyaar Gursikhs planted the seed in each village and it reaped many Gurmukhs. There character resembles Puratan Gursikhs.

Narrated By Companion Giani Hazoora Singh - Uploaded By Seva2TheMax

Intro

The following is an attempt to narrate the life of Bhai Fauja Singh – a great leader in the Sikh Panth. I was fortunate enough to spend a short time in the company of Bhai Sahib. But from what I witnessed in that short time, it was clear that only a rare individual was capable of such heights and achievements. His sole desire was to serve the Panth with his heart and soul. He was most approachable and his speech was of such a sweet nature. But when he witnessed any violations in terms of Gurmat, he would tackle the situation head on. He had no desire to own lots of land or be wealthy; rather he remained steadfast in channelling his thoughts towards serving the Panth. He welcomed all with love and his humility was quite evident. Those who listened to his speeches and questioned him on Gurmat issues remained influenced by him for the rest of their lives.

Beginning & Visionary

Bhai Sahib longed for young Sikhs to come forward and take on a life in the Khalsa army. He would feel great pain whenever he heard of any act of contempt against Gurmat principles. His lifestyle was a throwback to our great forefathers and Sikh ancestors and his speech and conversation levelled on the theme of a warrior lifestyle. He had no regard for his own prosperity and wealth and recognised everything as the property of the Khalsa.

Bhai Sahib’s father once visited him at the Khalsa Farm. He wanted to send a parcel to the village. Fauja Singh told his father to give up the attachments to his sons and daughters and to come and serve the Panth at Khalsa farm. To Fauja Singh, the Khalsa Panth were his brothers, sisters and family.

Fauja Singh was born on 17th May 1936 in Gurdaspur. He gained a great deal of Gurmat knowledge in his childhood while in the village. Later he went on to study at Khalsa college in Amritsar. Fauja Singh was baptised with Amrit in 1944. In 1960 he got married to Bibi Amarjeet Kaur. He began his missionary work in the villages in 1970. From a very young age he was fearless and very brave. When he came to the Jatha he forgot all his worldly duties and remained committed to the interests of the Khalsa Panth. First he and some Sikhs from Amritsar began giving discourses and spreading the Sikh message in towns and villages across Punjab. In the evenings, the Singhs would do Kirtan in the congregation until midnight and in the daytime they would do work and earn a living. They recognised that Gurdaspur and surrounding areas were in great need of attention.

Bhai Sahib’s land was a few kilometres from the Pakistan border and was about 50-60 acres in size. The land was a thick jungle and was not in any condition to be used for agriculture. He decided that this land would be attended to and would become the base from where they would do parchaar. He took some Singhs with him an within a few days there was major progress. One afternoon in May 1973 he came to my village (which was only 2-3km from his land). It was the afternoon. I had just returned from work that day. They told me of their plans to start a great mission of Parchar. I was taken back by his shining character; I had never met such a man before in my life. Even though he wore a shirt and trousers, he wore his Kirpan on the outside. The Kirpan was very beautiful. It was evident that he had the full blessing of Guru Sahib.

He gathered the youth together and told them of their plans. Many gathered together to hear his discourse after which they decided to help clear a section of the land to initiate the work. My whole life took a turn at that point. I felt that there was little to gain from worldly duties and decided to live with the Singhs. Khalsa Farm began in 1974 and in those days there were no Amritdharee Sikhs in the surrounded villages. The first Keertan programmes began in our village. Bibi Amarjeet Kaur would perform Keertan and Bhai Sahib would prepare the food for the Langar. After the Keertan, Bhai Sahib would address the Sangat with a discourse on Gurmat. A revolutionary change took place in the villages. Those who spent their whole lives drinking and smoking now began to adopt a life of righteousness. Bibi Amarjeet Kaur was the first women that the villagers had seen that was crowned with a Dastar/Keskee. The women began to tie Dastars before they were even baptised.

First Harvest at Khalsa Farm

At the first harvest of the land, Bhai Sahib and I were working on the farm. Bibi Joginder Kaur came to the farm from Amritsar. She always regarded Bhai Sahib as her eldest son and he respected her as his mother. While she was cooking some food, the wind began blowing hard and the fire spread out of control. The kitchen area and surrounding hut was set on fire. A lot of materials for the farm were ignited. Bibi jee called out to Fauja Singh telling him it was on fire. He just laughed and consoled her telling her not to worry. This was a sign of his character; he just regarded it as the Guru’s will and a minor setback.

Kirat Karoh!

Bhai Sahib was very physically fit. He would spend many hours per day uprooting plants and doing other tasks around the farm. Because of the heat, he would be dressed in just a Kachera and his Dastaar. The heat would severely tan his body but he would never step back from his service. This was his daily routine and in the evening he, along with the Singhs, would go out and spread the Sikh message in the villages.

Sarblohi Langar & Thugs

Once while in Amritsar, while the Bibiaan were doing seva, some drunks came past and threw bottles into the kitchen area. Bhai Sahib and the Singhs set out to reprimand them for their actions. They did not fear the consequences. Some of the drunks ran away others were not so lucky. The Singhs were sent to prison for their actions which upset Bhai Sahib a great deal. I visited them in prison, but Bhai Sahib asked me not to waste time doing so. He instructed me to take care of the day to day running of the farm. He told me that that would be more beneficial, since it may attract more youth who could protect the honour of their sisters and mothers and also fortify the Khalsa Panth.

Many Singhs were suspended from their work, but the general feeling was the same. If while we lived, our sisters and mothers rights and the general rights of the Panth were being violated, then death would be a better option. The effectiveness of the Parchar programmes increased. There would always be at least five Singhs together with Bhai Sahib. The walk to Amritsar was 5 km and had to be done by foot. In those days, Bhai Tejinderpal Singh Doola and other youth would come to the farm and perform Keertan. Many Singhs would go from village to village to teach Keertan. Many men and women learned Keertan in this way. Areas where the Sikh message was rarely even heard began to blossom forth. Those who were addicted to narcotics were now encouraged to take Amrit.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Routine, Dasvand & Parchaar

The Singhs would wake up between 1:00am and 2:00am and begin the day with Simran. Then after Nitnem they would eat breakfast. Then they would begin the days work on the farm. If any Sikh needed any financial help, then Bhai Sahib would be prepared to give his last penny. He obtained great happiness by helping the needy. He would never count his earnings or even accumulate them himself. I would look after the finances and he would give me all his earnings. Before going to Amritsar he would ask for the fare to get there because he had no money himself. Whenever he would go anywhere, he would ensure that the Singhs wore his new Cholay and Dastaars, he would simply wear the old ones. Bibi jee would ask him why he wears old clothes. He would reply that these Singhs have come from far and left their worldly duties to do seva here. How can we walk around in new clothes? They should wear them and not us. Their service is much more than ours. That is the least we can do and the minimum they deserve.

Once they were visited by some villagers who told them that they were very poor. They could not live day to day. Bhai Sahib advised them to take Amrit and all their affairs would be dealt with by the great Guru. They took Amrit and Bhai Sahib gave them both some land. Their land has now grown to six times the amount. My parents once begged Bhai Sahib to persuade me to take on a proper career because they felt I was was wasting my life. He responded stating that anyone who has a job working for the Tenth Guru has no need for a worldly job. But I respected the wishes and took on a career in the army. Later on I took on a career in the Air Force. On both occasions, Bhai Sahib’s love led me right back to work on the Khalsa Farm.

One day we went to a small village to do Parchaar. On reaching the village all the youth had already left and only the elders remained. There was not Gurdwara so a marquee was set up for the programme. We had brought Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee with us. The programme started but nobody apart from some small children arrived. We all wondered why nobody had turned up to listen to Keertan. Bhai Sahib asked an elderly woman who arrived why nobody had come. She stated that a rumour had been spread that you have an iron bowl, whoever drinks the Amrit you prepare in that bowl never comes back home again! The Singhs laughed out loud and explained that this was not the case. The bowl contained water for washing hands! Others were persuaded to come but they all sat at a distance in a fearful manner. They had never seen Singhs before and there had never been a programme held there. Bhai Sahib explained why they had come and what the real objective of life was. The reason for writing this is to explain that Bhai Sahib did not visit those with great wealth, expensive cars and mansions. They only went to those who had a great need and were never given a chance to learn about the great faith. These same villages can be visited now and the results of those efforts are now evident. Those who had never even seen Singhs doing Seva before are now doing so themselves with great commitment. The doubts of those who listened to his discourse were removed forever. Many were saying that Fauja Singh was corrupting the youth and was guiding them incorrectly. He makes them take Amrit and totally changes their thinking.

There was seva, Keertan and Gatka displays at the farm. Once Bibi Amarjit Kaur asked Bhai Sahib to buy a small house so that she could bring her possessions and put them there. Bhai Sahib told her that Guru Jee had protecting them from these worldly attachments and that they should concentrate on spreading the message in the villages. He told her that they should make a small caravan and they could bring the possessions in that. He told her that she could recognise that as their home.

The Panth Our Bhujangees

One day there were about 12 Sikhs from our village who were sitting in conversation with Bhai Sahib. Bibi Jee was there too. He told her that they were so lucky to not have had children. He said that Guru Sahib had blessed them with these children who were already grown up. He recognised the youth as his children and showed them the utmost love and devotion.

Soorbir of Righteousness

Once Bhai Sahib, Bibi Jee and I were coming to the farm. The river was overflowing that day. As we were crossing there were a number of soldiers there too. One of them was ranked as Major and he lit up a cigarette. It appeared that he did this intentionally because he saw Bhai Sahib wearing the full Bana (Khalsa uniform). Bhai Sahib asked him very politely to put out the cigarette because it would be courteous since it was a public place. He just ignored the request and began inhaling longer breaths while smoking. He asked again humbly but again he took no notice. This time Bhai Sahib placed his hand on his Khanda (double edged sword) and shouted at him. Me and Bibi Jee both got worried, we feared what would take place now. He told him that he was trying to make a mockery of his request. He said that if you are the man that you believe you are, you will not put out that cigarette now because I am going to cut you into two pieces. He quickly threw the cigarette into the water and asked for forgiveness.

This was an act of righteousness that was driven by the Naam that resounded in Bhai Sahib’s very being. But his personality was a fine balance between the great Khalsa Soldier and the humble Khalsa Saint. Where he upheld righteousness he also helped the needy. This he recognised as his duty and he also recognised the Sikhs in higher regards than his own life. He was forever ready to give his life for them. It was unfortunate that many at that time recognised him as a troublemaker who was always caught up in some sort of strife. Why doesn’t he just carry on repeating God’s name without getting entangled in these issues. But Bhai Sahib’s only concern was the level of deterioration occurring in the Panth and the disrespect given the the Guru.

Parchaar In Chardikaala

Je Jeevay Path Luthee Jaa-ay Sabh Huraam..

These great words of the Guru were enshrined in his heart.

While the world is attached to their wealth, homes, cars and possessions. Looking for ways to amass more wealth. Bhai Sahib had no regard for these things. He was searching for ways to bring Chardhee Kalaa and progression to the Panth.

In 1976 this mission took further steps forward. 10 day camps were organised around Amritsar, which were attended by many Singhs. The days would begin with the service of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Many areas were in a sorry state and were filthy. First they were taught to serve Guru Maharaj with respect, then Asa Dee Vaar would be sung. Then there would be a session on Gurmat Vichaar. In the evenings there would be Rehraas followed by a Keertan Deevaan, after which Bhai Sahib would lecture on Gurmat. After hearing these lectures, the lives of many took a turn and they prepared themselves to take Amrit. The youth were especially influenced by his words. It was a great phenomenon to witness. Even while travelling the Singhs and Singhnees would perform Kirtan on trailers which had a wondrous effect on the surrounding villagers. Many would just join in and create a large procession. Singhs like Master Niranjan Singh Jee (Gurdaspur), Hazara Singh Jee Retd. DSP (Gurdaspur), Gurmukh Singh Jee (Patiala), Baldev Singh Jee (Amritsar) all took part in this. They all helped in the Keertan and Vichaar seva. All who attended this "Chaldhaa Vaheer Smaagam" lost any desire to return home.

As the Singhs were travelling to the Gallee Village, they were obstructed by a CID team. The police had been sent by Niranjan ‘Singh’ Nirankaree to intentionally cause a disturbance. The police took Bhai Sahib in for questioning at a nearby Doctor’s building. They asked who had given them permission to go from village to village doing missionary work. Bhai Sahib responded by telling them that no permission needs to be sought for the work of the Sikh mission. The police were dumbstruck by his quick and sharp responses and the vigour and love he showed for his faith. The police asked for forgiveness for obstructing and went on their way.
Khalsa Panth Khetee Meree

On one occasion at Khalsa Farm, some of the Singhs warned Bhai Sahib that the nearby river was overflowing and could cause problems. They suggested that two or three huts be constructed with deep foundations. Bhai Sahib responded saying that the construction of deep and unshakable foundations of the Panth was of greater importance and that this was his sole concern. When Singhs would come to stay, he would remind them to ignore the sleeping conditions and lack of delicacies. This was a training centre that would prepare them both physically and mentally. Even though the conditions and food were simple, I myself will never forgot the bliss of living such as simple, spiritual life. Many came for a week at a time but ended up staying for months instead.

As the camps of the Chaldhaa Vaheer came to a close the ultimate programme was a Rehnsbhai at about a kilometer on the other side from the river. On one side of the river, the Singhs from the farm approached. On the other side, the villagers stood in anticipation and greeted them. The whole episode brought tears to the eyes. The whole Jatha went to the village singing Keertan. Many Singhs attended from Amritsar and Gurdaspur. There was an Amrit Sanchar ceremony where many adopted the Khalsa lifestyle. The villagers stood amazed and fascinated by what they regarded as a miracle. This man was transforming even the lowest of the low; drunks and addicts. Those villages which were once polluted by arguments and profanity were now decorated with women in Dastaars and orange Keskees. The foul language was now replaced with resounding Naam Simran and the worldly hell had become heavenly. The women expressed their regret to Bhai Fauja Singh . If he had come earlier they could have witnessed this peace and tranquillity and not wasted those years.

Vaah Vaah Vaah! What a great life Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh jee had. Such Gurmukhs come to this world rarely.

Please share more stories of Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh jee.

Kulbir Singh

One day there were about 12 Sikhs from our village who were sitting in conversation with Bhai Sahib. Bibi Jee was there too. He told her that they were so lucky to not have had children.

and now look... bibi jee runs shaheed bhai fauja singh trust, an orphanage, and has hundreds of children who look up to her as mother. smiling smiley even the young girls are eager to come to bibi jee's home and do her seva. you can see that while she has no children of her own, she is definitely a mother to many!

keep the great sakhis coming. smiling smiley
Ha Ha, once a Bus Driver, in the bus he (Bhai Sahib) was travelling started smoking, while driving. "Please stop that" was his first response. The driver said, " No, I will not, what do you do; if do not stop it. " That was enough for BEER RASS to appear.

He rose from his seat, with a roaring noise, said, " Me, I will get hold of you and will throw you out of the bus. Do you listen?" (Not the exact words)

And the passengers were there to ask the driver to stop that, at this stage. He obliged immediately as a lamb.

Such was the power of his words. There are many of such instances, where he used his soldier spirit.
Slap Of Love

The time had ticked to Amritvela 12 o clock for Bhai Fauja Singh jee. A young Bhujangee aged about 13 or so was also sleeping the same room as Bhai Sahib. He noticed Bhai Sahib hadn't gotten up straight away as usual. He then went over to Bhai Sahib who was sleeping, he then slapped him in the face and told him to get up. Bhai Sahib woke up and saw who had slapped him and loving embraced for waking him up and thanked them. Naam Da Khanda started to rattle after that until sunrise!

Friendly Stranger

Towards the end of my stay in Amritsar, while walking around the Parkarma one morning, I noticed a Singh ahead of me. I admired the strength of his projection and noticed the chakar around his head and thought to myself how great it looked on him! No sooner than the thought came into my head, he turned around quickly, folded his hands and bowed saying,“Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh” and then placed his chakra over my turban as I also bowed. What a surprise indeed! I felt a little bad for thinking such a thing and tried to give it back to him, but he insisted I keep it saying; “It is yours my sister”. All I could say in return was “Waheguru”.There is a true bond of friendship we established that would always remain unbroken. I am happy that I was able to enjoy this beautiful chance to be with him.
What great Abhyassi Rehatvaan Gursikhs
Who had immense pyaar with all.
Outstanding role models for anyone on the Sikhee marag

Gurusahibjee kirpa karan to bless us with this mentality.
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰਿਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

ਭਾਈ ਫ਼ੌਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਕਿਆ ਕਹਿਣੇ ਪੁਰਾਤਨ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਵਾਲੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਰਹਿਣੀ ਅਤੇ ਕਹਿਣੀ ਦੁਹਰਾਇ ਦਿੱਤੀ। ਪਿੱਛੇ ਜਿਹੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸੰਗੀ ਭਾਈ ਅਮੋਲਕ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਇਕ ਗਾਥਾ ਭਾਈ ਫ਼ੌਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਕੀਤੀ। ਬੜੀ ਹੀ ਸੁਆਦਲੀ ਘਟਨਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਹੈ ਵੀ ਹੈਰਾਨੀ ਜਨਕ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਲ ਦੀ ਨਾਲ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਆਯੂ ਪ੍ਰਯੰਤ ਕੀਤੀ ਨਾਮ ਕਮਾਈ ਦੀ ਝਲਕ ਵੀ ਸਹਿਜੇ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਵਾਰਤਾ ਇਉਂ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਕ ਵਾਰੀ ਭਾਈ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਵਾਲਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਵਿਖੇ ਦਿਵਸ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਸਮਾਗਮ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਅਤੇ ਇੱਛਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਕਿ ਐਤਕੀਂ ਸਮਾਗਮ ਵਿਚ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਦੀ ਕਾੜ੍ਹਨੀ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਨਾਲ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਕਾਫੀ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਇਕੱਤਰ ਕਰ ਲਿਆ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਆਏ ਹੋਏ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਖੂਬ ਹੋ ਸਕੇ। ਅਕਾਲਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਨੇਤ ਭਾਣਾ ਇਉਂ ਵਰਤਿਆ ਕਿ ਉਸ ਦਿਨ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਐਸਾ ਨਿਹਾਲ ਹੋਇਆ ਕਿ ਥੰਮਣ ਦਾ ਨਾਅ ਨਾ ਲਵੇ ਜਿਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਦੀ ਆਮਦ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਘੱਟ ਹੋਈ। ਭਾਈ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਿਰਾਸਤਾ ਹੋਈ ਕਿ ਐਨਾ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਬਚਿਆ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ ਕੀ ਕਰਾਂਗੇ ਇਸਦਾ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਕਰਨੀ ਸਦਕਾ ਭਾਈ ਫ਼ੌਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਵੀ ਆ ਪਹੁੰਚੇ ਦੋ ਕੂ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਸਮੇਤ। ਭਾਈ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਜਦ ਲੰਗਰ ਛਕਾਉਣ ਲੱਗੇ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਆਖਣ ਲੱਗੇ ਕਿ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਅੱਜ ਇੱਛਾ ਨੇਤ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਖੁੱਲਾ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਦਾ ਗੱਫਾ ਤਿਆਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਸੀ ਪਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਪਹੁੰਚੇ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ। ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਥੋੜਾ ਗੰਭੀਰ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਆਖਣ ਲੱਗੇ ਕਿ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਆਪਜੀ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਇਹ ਇੱਛਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਇੱਛਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰਨਗੇ, ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਤੁਸੀ ਪੇਟੂ ਜਾਂ ਹੋਰ ਕੁਝ ਨਾ ਆਖਿਉ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਤਾਂਈ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਪੁੱਜ ਜਾਏਗਾ। ਇਹ ਆਖ ਕੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਦਾ ਬਾਟਾ ਛਕਣਾ ਆਰੰਭ ਕੀਤਾ ਭਾਈ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਪਾਈ ਜਾਣ ਭਾਈ ਫ਼ੌਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਛਕੀ ਜਾਣ ਜਦ ਅੰਤ ਨੂੰ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਫ਼ਤਹ ਹੋਇਆ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਨਿਹੰਗ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਵਾਲੇ ਲਹਿਜ਼ੇ ਵਿਚ ਜੈਕਾਰਾ ਛੱਡਿਆ ਤੇ ਆਖਿਆ ਲਉ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਸ਼ਹੀਦਾਂ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਤਾਂਈ ਪੁੱਜ ਗਿਆ। ਭਾਈ ਅਮੋਲਕ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਤਕਰੀਬਨ 20-25 ਕਿਲੋ ਦੇ ਕਰੀਬ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਸੀ ਜਿਹੜਾ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਛਕਿਆ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਕਰਨ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਵਰਗੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਹੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਸਾਡੇ ਪਾਪੀਆ ਦੇ ਭਾਗ ਵੀ ਖੁੱਲ ਜਾਣ।

ਇਹ ਵਾਰਤਾ ਭਾਈ ਅਮੋਲਕ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਉਦੋਂ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਕੀਤੀ ਜਦ ਪਿਛੇ ਜਿਹੇ ਨਿਊਜਰਸੀ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਸਮਾਗਮ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਭਾਈ ਅਮਰਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਵਿਖੇ ਦੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਲੰਗਰ ਛਕ ਰਹੇ ਸਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਵਾਲੇ ਖਾਣੇ ਦਾ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਹਿੱਸਾ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਬਰਤਨ ਵਿਚ ਪਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਤੇ ਆਖਣ ਲੱਗੇ ਸੋਚੋ ਨਾ ਛਕ ਲਉ ਛਕ ਲਉ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਅੱਗੇ ਨਹੀ ਅੜਣ ਲੱਗਾ। ਦਾਸ ਆਖਿਆ ਬਈ ਜੇਕਰ ਆਪ ਜਿਹੇ ਭਾਈ ਫੌਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੇ ਸੰਗੀ ਕੋਲੋ ਮੁੜ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਖਾਣਾ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਅੱਗੇ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਫਿਰ ਸੋਚਣਾ ਹੀ ਪਊ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਅੱਗੇ ਅੜ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਨਹੀਂ। ਇਸਤੇ ਫਿਰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਫ਼ੌਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਉਪਰਲੀ ਵਾਰਤਾ ਸੁਣਾਈ। ਮਾਸਟਰ ਭਾਈ ਨਿੰਰਜਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਤੇ ਭਾਈ ਮਨਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਯੂ. ਕੇ ਵੀ ਉਥੇ ਹਾਜ਼ਰ ਸਨ। ਇਹ ਵਾਰਤਾ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਵੀ ਯਾਦ ਰਹੇਗੀ ਕਿ ਓਸ ਦਿਨ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਸਮਾਗਮ ਦੀ ਸਮਾਮਤੀ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਤਾਂ ਦੇਗ ਛਕ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਨਿਛਾ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋ ਗਈ ਸੀ ਪਰ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਡੇਰੇ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਦੇ ਜ਼ੋਰ ਪਾਉਣ ਪਰ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਨਾਸ਼ਤਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਪਿਆ ਉਪਰੋਂ ਦੀ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਆਪਣਾ ਵੀ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਛਕਣ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਪਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ। ਓਸ ਦਿਨ ਤਾਂ ਵਾਕਿਆ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਅੱਗੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ ਗੱਲ ਹੀ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਇੰਨਾ ਕੁਝ ਫ਼ਤਹ ਕਦੋ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਜੂਠ ਛੱਡ ਨਹੀ ਸਕਦੇ! ਇਕਹਰੇ ਜਿਹੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਵਾਲਾ ਦਾਸ ਸ਼ਸ਼ੋਪੰਜ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਜਦ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਲੋਂ ਸੁਣਾਈ ਵਾਰਤਾ ਖਤਮ ਹੋਈ ਤਾਂ ਇਧਰ ਨਾਲ ਦੀ ਨਾਲ ਦਾਸ ਦਾ ਵੀ ਮੌਰਚਾ ਫ਼ਤਹ ਵਲ ਨੂੰ ਵਧ ਚੁੱਕਿਆ ਸੀ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੌਰਿਆ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
Bhai Jasjit Singh jee, could you please give a brief summary of the the above post in punjabee please for those that are not very fluent in reading like me.

Below are some pictures

This is personally my favourite picture of Bhai Sahib

This is the smile that makes people happy
This is the smile that melts people hate
This is the smile that evokes love
This is the smile of a Naami
This is the smile of a Gurmukh
Vista Jio,

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Here is the translation...

What to talk about Bhai Fauja Singh Jee shaheed who accomplished the Rehat Rehini and Kehni of puratan Singhs. Lately, Bhai Amolak Singh jee a companion of Bhai sahib jee shared an amazing short story from Bhai Sahib’s legendry life. This is quite interesting and inspiring that how much Naam Kamayee Bhai Sahib had in this life. The story follows:

Once Bhai Dedaar Singh jee Amritsar valey arranged Divas Suhela smagam (Moring Keertan continue till afternoon) at their home. On this occasion in Langar they wished to serve sumunder (Milk) with special preparation. They collected the milk as much as they could so that every Singh who comes to smagam can be served. All preparations were made for smagam but under AkaalPurakh’s bhana on that day lot of rainfall happened. Due to the bad weather very few Gursikhs could attend that smagam. Bhai Dedaar Singh felt dishearten by the turnout and was thinking that they missed the chance to do seva of Singhs. As he was keeping thinking that now what to do with large amount of milk he prepared for Sangat then Guru Sahib showed mercy Bhai Fauja Singh Jee with couple of other Singhs showed up at Bhai Dedaar Singh Jee’s house. When Bhai Dedaar Singh started to serve Langer he mentioned his nconcern to Bhai Sahib that lot of milk was collected and prepared for the seva of Sangat but as you see now what I am going to do with that, we failed to serve Sangat, our wish did not get fulfilled. Hearing this Bhai Fauja Singh jee replied that O Bhai Dedaar Singh Jee you do not have to pessimistic about what you wished, your wish to serve sumunder to Guru Kay Singhs will be fulfilled with Guru Sahib’s kirpa. Now do not call me Petu (Glutton) your milk will reach to Singhs and Bhai Sahib started to drink the Bata of milk and Bhai Sahib continue drinking while Bhai Dedaar Singh Jee continue to pouring the milk. At the end when milk was Fatehed (I do not know what word to use here, finished would not fit) Bhai Sahib howled the Jaikara in Nihung Singh’s tone and said your milk is reached to Shaheed Singhs. Bhai Amolak Singh Jee mentioned that milk quantity was about 20 to 25 Kilo which Bhai sahib consumed.

What a amazing kautak of Guru Sahib who can make His Singh/Singhnia do extraordinary when it is time to do so. Bhai sahib jee truly did DEG TEG FATEH. When Bhai Amolak Singh jee shared this Saakhi Master Nirajan Singh jee and Bhai Manjit Singh Jee of U.K were also sitting among daas.

Bhul Chuk di Khima.

With Regards,
Daas
What a beautiful Saakhi, Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo. This Saakhi reminds one of that Saakhi of a Singh from Bhai Sahib's times who could not satiate his hunger for Degh and Jatha gave him so much Degh that his hunger was extinguished after eating many Kilos of Degh.

Kulbir Singh
Only two days away from Kurbanee Day! Vaheguru
BUMP!
Re: Bhai Fauja Singh - Small Sakhiya
November 02, 2011 02:42PM
Misri Bazaar

Even before Vaisakhi 1978, Bhai Fauja Singh’s personality showed its true colours when in 1972 after the Misri Bazaar incident; Sree Guru Granth Sahib Ji was treated with disrespect. Bhai Fauja Singh was disgusted at the police who were too scared to make the arrest of the criminals involved. It was then that he decided to apprehend the miscreants and after catching them, he punished them accordingly. He was deeply saddened by the fact that our ‘Panthic leaders’ tried to keep the whole incident quiet in case it would lead to some sort of Hindu-Sikh conflict.This political expediency, which sidestepped any notion of love and respect for Guru Sahib Ji, deeply saddened him. He simply could not understand how Sikhs could quietly sit by whilst others insulted and treated Sree Guru Granth Sahib Ji with total disrespect. One question constantly began to etch itself within his mind; ‘What has happened to the Khalsa Panth?

Inspirational Spirit

After the Gurdwara Bhai Salo Ji and Guru Keh Mehal Ji incident, Bhai Fauja Singh had to spend some time in Jail. Coincidentally, the fascist right-wing thugs of Jan Sangh (now BJP) who tried to desecrate the Gurdwara were also in the same prison.They complained of the harsh conditions and spent their days crying for tea.

However when the Sangat found out the Bhai Fauja Singh and his companions were there, they flocked to the prison with Langar and fruit.The fascists looked-on in despair as the Sangat did Sewa of the Gursikhs, tending to their injuries.These were mainly burns to their legs and feet,
which were caused by the acid bottles.

The Gursikhs spent their time engrossed in Naam and Bani.The warden of the prison, as well as the officers, realised the Gursikh nature of Bhai Fauja Singh and held him in high regard. In one of the warden’s letters, he mentioned how he saw this Sikh sit in meditation all night long and wondered where he attained his strength. Although the warden was a Hindu, Bhai Fauja Singh fascinated him. Many other prisoners started to develop a Gursikh nature thanks to the Sangat.

Many of them wanted to take Amrit. Bhai Fauja Singh made a request to the Warden asking if the Jatha could come to the prison and perform a Rainsbhai Kirtan and Amrit Sanchaar programme. The request was approved and the Sangat was allowed into the prison. Many took Amrit and came into the protection of the Guru’s Charan. One of these new Khalsa was the warden himself

Vaheguru!
February 28, 2012 02:01PM
I was told the following Sakhis a while ago. Today it resurfaced in my mind, it's generally not known or heard of.

Anand Anand Anand Hai!

Once Bhai Fauja Singh jee and other Gursikhs woke at Amritvela in the early hours 12 -1. All Singhs were doing Gurmat Ishnaan and quickly made there way to the spot on Khalsa Farm were Naam Abhyass started. Naam Abhyass was going on in high spirits and all Gursikhs where tasting the Rass of Naam and very much in a Premi Bliss with Sri Gurdev jee. A Gursikh started Nitnem Paath, when the time for Sri Anand Sahib came, Bhai Fauja Singh jee started such a amazing high pitched Bairaagi recitation. The Anand was so pleasurable and definately ਅਨੰਦੁ ਘਣਾ, nobody sitting there was not Jaaping Naam with such vigour. It was such a unseen wonderful experience. Bhai Fauja Singh jee was in a different realm and many hours passed reciting Sri Anand Sahib. Such experiences rarely come in one's Jeevan and to sit with Such Gursikhs is a true blessing from Vaheguru.

ਸੇਵ ਕਮਾਈਐ

Bhai Fauja Singh started doing a lot of Seva for Gursikhs. He worked around Amritsar. He used to spend all the wages he and his Singhni earned on the Seva of the Singhs. Bibi jee told us that he used to say "All the money we spend on ourselves is wasted but the money we
spend on doing Seva for the Gursikhs is not wasted and is saved in our bank".
Wahegurrooo

I remember either reading it or someone telling me that they had such faith in gurrooo sahib at a young age, that when told not to go to cemeteries, they would purposelly go at midnight with a sottee and loudly do chandi di vaar path, claiming that if any bhooth came anywhere near them they would give it a sound thrashing.

If anyone has more details with regards to this sakhee please share!!
February 29, 2012 11:46AM

All the money we spend on ourselves is wasted but the money we spend on doing Seva for the Gursikhs is not wasted and is saved in our bank

I'm sure I read somewhere that Bhai Fauja Singh Ji gave 90% away in Daswandh and kept only 10% for themselves, possibly from a Kurbani edition.
Thank you Unjaan jee - jogged the memory:

Fearless Gursikh
As a young boy, Bhai Fauja Singh had taken Chulla (a sip of Amrit given to Sikh children) from the Panj Pyare. He spent time deeply engrossed in Naam- Abyass.The family and other villagers were at times distressed by his wayward attitude. He would sometimes disappear for days and deeply engross himself in Abyass. People would go out looking for him assuming that he was lost, only for him to return smiling absolutely free from worldliness.

Sometimes at night he was seen in the local cemetery sitting in a meditative position. When asked what he was doing
there at such a late hour, he once replied to another Gursikh;“I was challenging the ghosts and spirits with the Guru`s
Naam”. This was the belief and spirit of Bhai Fauja Singh as a young child.

Master Niranjan Singh - Gurdaspur
Seva Karoh

Bhai Fauja Singh's house was very close to Sree Darbar Sahib that meant that for many years countless Gursikhs would visit him when going there. The couple lived on the third floor where there were no facilities for water. Every night, before going to sleep, Bhai Fauja Singh jee would serve the overnight Sangat staying at his house by filling buckets of water from the water pump down below and taking these upstairs for AmritVela Ishnaan. These three flights of stairs were so narrow that it was difficult even just walking up them without carrying anything. When we asked him to install basic facilities for accessible water, he would laughingly reply; "Penjee, if some other facilities were made available then I would not be able to do this Sewa anymore!!!".

Modern Nawab Kapur Singh

Back in the 1970's, very few of these Gurdwara Sahibs had modern facilities. The Sangat would go into the nearby fields to relieve themselves. After the Smagam, Bhai Fauja Singh jee gathered all the naujawans and told us how pavitaar (special/pure) these places were. The Guru-ghar should always be immaculate he would tell us and we should not only clean the Gurdwara Sahib premises, but the fields around it as well. He gave us all buckets and told us to follow him into the fields. I saw him with his bare hands pick up faeces and put them in the bucket. Here was one of the great fierce generals of our Panth, a renowned leader, and yet here he was displaying immense Nimarata (deep humility).

ਹੰਉਵਾਰੀਹੰਉਵਾਰੀਗੁਰਸਿਖਮੀਤਪਿਆਰੇਰਾਮ
Dhan Gursikhi! Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh jee was indeed a great Sevadaar.

Kulbir Singh
This was narrated to me by bhai amolak singh ji
At bhai fauja singh"s time many american sikhs were around sri amritsar
When miri piri acadmy was founded
Bhai sahib was natural to share gurmat vidya and shastar vidya with them

One of the gora teachers once came upto himnwhile bhai sahib was in
Parkarma of gurdwara baba deep singh ji shaheed known ad shaheedan
He said bhai sahib i can understand all the gurmat vidya, have utmost
Respect of sikhi and being a sikh myself, one thing always puzzles me and leave me a non believer
Bhai sahib asked him to explain the question
He said i cant believe baba deep singh ji had his sees cut on the palm
And continued fighting kinda story
Bhai sahib ji said no veere its 100 percent true
Gora said its hard to believe
Bhai sahib said no its true its the power of naam khanda
Gora sikh was still saying it cant be possible
Bhai sahib in beer ras said in parkarma of shaheedan gurdwara sahib
Oye gora singh, we make a deal
He said what are u takng about
Bhai sahib said" i am not even charan dhoor of sikhs or of baba deep singh ji
But guru samrath and naam khanda is so so powerful
Even then this nimana sikh can promise u this
" u shot me or cut my head i promise u still i will not let u past this
Parakarma gate and finish u before that
Baba deep singhji was a param sikh
Watch bhai sahib"s bir ras and jalaal gora sikh agrees ok ok singha
I will from now believe it from now on

Wahegurujikakhalsa
Wahegurujikifateh
Beautiful Saakhi, CharanDhoor jeeo. Bhai Fauja Singh jee did prove that Singhs can fight even when they are severely injured as was the case when Bhai Fauja Singh got Shaheedi. One bullet went through his eye into his skull and Bhai Sahib despite that, just tied his Dastaar on his eye and continued fighting back.

Kulbir Singh

Bhai Fauja Singh on left. He had great power and strength his martial ability is of the likes of Puratan Gursikhs such as Akali Phoola Singh, Baba Sham Singh Attari etc.

An earlier Saakhi by Vista jee:

The time had ticked to Amritvela 12 o clock for Bhai Fauja Singh jee. A young Bhujangee aged about 13 or so was also sleeping the same room as Bhai Sahib. He noticed Bhai Sahib hadn't gotten up straight away as usual. He then went over to Bhai Sahib who was sleeping, he then slapped him in the face and told him to get up. Bhai Sahib woke up and saw who had slapped him and loving embraced for waking him up and thanked them. Naam Da Khanda started to rattle after that until sunrise!

Trying slapping someone today and see what happens. The Bhujangi had lovingly slapped him and Bhai Sahib embraced him in return. Vaah! This Saakhi shows how great Bhai Fauja Singh jee was. Pure Gurmat!!

Kulbir Singh
Veer Kulbir Singh Jeeo you crack me up when you say :

"Trying slapping someone today and see what happens. "

I'm not going to try veero - as today it'll most likely threaten my Sikhe Pshycee more than ever.. then again it depends who you slapsmiling smiley
I am glad that my writing brought smile on your face and cracked you up. My pleasure!

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Fauja Singh jee, whilst in Gurdaspur Jail, wrote a touching poem in September 1977, just seven months before he, along with twelve other GurSikh, attained martyrdom on the famous Vaisakhee of 1978.

ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ

ਤੇਰੀ ਅਮਰ ਸਿਖੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ,

ਮਨ ਬਚਨ ਕ੍ਰਮ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਨਿਭਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਜਵਾਨੀ ਜਾਇਦਾਦ ਸਭ ਕੁਝ,

ਲੇਖੇ ਪੰਥ ਦੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਲਗਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਬਾਲ-ਬਿਵਸਥਾ ਤੋਂ ਦੇਹ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਰੱਖੀ,

ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਲੋੜ ਹੈ ਘੋਲ ਘੁਮਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਤੇਰੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਰਿਦੇ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਦੇ ਕੇ,

ਅਵਗਣ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਗਵਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਮੇਹਰ ਰੱਖੀ, ਮਿਹਰਬਾਨ ਮੇਰੇ,

ਬੰਦੋ ਬੰਦ ਭੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਕਟਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ,

ਦਸੋਂ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਅਸੀਂ ਝੁਲਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਬੁਝ ਰਹੀ ਜੋਤ ਜੋ ਅਸਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਪਦੀ ਏ,

ਖੂਨ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਜਗਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਮਨ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਨੂੰ ਮੇਟ ਕੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਦਾਤਾ,

ਤੇਰੀ ਜੋਤ ਵਿਚ ਜੋਤ ਮਿਲਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਧੁਰੋਂ ਧੁਰੰਤਰੀ ਅਵਤਰੀ ਰੀਤ ਸੁੰਦਰ,

ਰਾਹੂ ਕੇਤੂ ਨੂੰ ਰੋਕ ਚਮਕਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਮਿੱਟ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਜੋ ਧਰਮ ਵਾਲੇ,

ਲੁਕ ਛੁਪ ਕੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਮਿਹਰ ਤੇਰੀ ਨਾਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਬੋਲਦਾ ਏ,

ਆਵਾਜ਼ ਅੰਦਰਲੀ ਬਾਹਰ ਸੁਣਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਰੂਪ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਹੈ ਅਮਰ ਕਰਦੀ,

ਕੇਸਾਂ ਸੁਆਸਾਂ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਨਿਭਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

ਜਬ ਆਵ ਕੀ ਅਉਧ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਬਣਸੀ,

ਸੀਸ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੈ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਚੜ੍ਹਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।
Vaheguroo!!!!

Amazing poem by Bhai Sahib Fauja Singh jio!

NO POEM CAN MATCH HIS!!!!

Vaheguru!

Jaspreet Singh
Such an emotion filled poem, one of the best I have ever read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login