ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Achkann

Posted by Damandeep Singh 
Re: Achkann
July 23, 2010 01:28PM
Its very easy to live in a developed country and write about Bana.
I used to wear bana in New Delhi and was questioned by police many times. I dint even get a room due to bana and gol dastaar and I lived for 5 months in my car, haha. My professor disliked my bana and they tried to create problems in my Mtech thesis and made sure I dont get a Phd.
so, my benti to all people who want to promote bana rehit is to get involved in setting up :
1. Khalsa schools (barru sahib has bana as its dress).
2. Khalsa Colleges
3. Khalsa Eco villages and Eco farms.

We need to create jobs for rehitvaan singhs so that they can practice rehit freely.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
July 23, 2010 01:33PM
Wonderful posts by Niranjan Singh Ji, Kulbir Singh Ji and Kaur Bhein Ji. All are very convincing. I agree with all of them. Really, a thorough understanding on the subject is compiled in this thread.

Now I understand the subject, but I will have to ask my Singhni too for what to wear. She knows what suits me. eye rolling smiley
July 23, 2010 01:46PM
Bhai Naranjan Singh jeeo,

The intention of my post was NOT to promote western clothing, or belittle Gurmukhi Banna. It that is your take, then let it be.
The point I was trying to make is we should not blindly belittle or judge anyone just because their clothing does not fit our "image" of what Banna is

I have never intentionally belittled a Gursikh who did not wear Baana 24/7. If I came across as belittling anyone, then that must have been because of poor presentation of my thoughts. My apologies for that.

I again repeat my previous thoughts:

1. A Gurmat principle can't get shadowed just because a number of Gursikhs have not been following it.

2. Gurmat principles cannot be rejected just because certain Gursikhs did not used to follow them.

I rest my case and have nothing more to say on this subject, at this time.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.